Page 883 of 968 FirstFirst ... 383783833873879880881882883884885886887893933 ... LastLast
Results 13,231 to 13,245 of 14513

Thread: WTC Tower One - by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill

Iīve been following this thread for almost three years now, I am very interested in the construction of the World Trade Center and Iīm very thankfull for all the pictures posted on this thread.

I have a question, are wtc 2 and 3 going to be built? I read that Silverstein Properties couldnīt find enough tennants on time, which was a requirement for the Port Authority to help financing the towers. However I read a posting on Wikipedia about wtc 3 a few minutes ago which said that Silverstein Properties and the Port Authority had come to an agreement over the financing of tower 3. I am confused now, will the whole tower be built or only the eight story high podium?

Was walking down west 21 st at Coney Island yesterday 1 wtc look amazing, it's the only thing you can see from down town Manhattan from where i was.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Iīve been following this thread for almost three years now, I am very interested in the construction of the World Trade Center and Iīm very thankfull for all the pictures posted on this thread.

I have a question, are wtc 2 and 3 going to be built? I read that Silverstein Properties couldnīt find enough tennants on time, which was a requirement for the Port Authority to help financing the towers. However I read a posting on Wikipedia about wtc 3 a few minutes ago which said that Silverstein Properties and the Port Authority had come to an agreement over the financing of tower 3. I am confused now, will the whole tower be built or only the eight story high podium?
    The simplest answer is yes, they will both be built. When? That is another question. Tower 3 is rumored to be back in construction this year, the fact they haven't constructed any long term protection over the exposed walls and rebar pertains to that.

Tower 2 looks much further out, perhaps several years before it might begin again (and perhaps with a different design).

Quote Originally Posted by IrishInNYC View Post
    Tower 2 looks much further out, perhaps several years before it might begin again (and perhaps with a different design).
    I shudder. Lets hope Credit Suisse signs up soon.

You're killing me.

I'm just suggesting the possibility. Given the trouble to get it started, it's not hard to imagine that a few years down the line, the current design is deemed 'inappropriate', for want of a better word.

I'm just suggesting the possibility. Given the trouble to get it started, it's not hard to imagine that a few years down the line, the current design is deemed 'inappropriate', for want of a better word.
    I could stomach a redesign if it ended up being something like the behemoths going up in Midtown (not 432 Park - the others), but if it turned into a stub or a boring box I'd cry for months.

Ah who am I kidding of course it'll be a box.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Now Hovering, try to think positive!

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic View Post
    I shudder. Lets hope Credit Suisse signs up soon.
    I doubt that CS will take such expensive space.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HoveringCheesecake View Post

Great as always, tectonic. The top of the "spire" is going to look awkward since it represents the original design.
    where do I sign up for the hidden new york tour of inside that spire tip??

Man, i just don't get how this is going to look right with the big bulge on the top but the rest of the spire being skeletal. I like the spires on NYT and BoA, and while the BoA one is certainly skeletal, it seems to end more gracefully than this.

Forum Veteran

3/27/13

What percentage of the spire is up?

Quote Originally Posted by James Kovata View Post
    What percentage of the spire is up?
    It's not half way yet. It has stalled for over a month now. Over 200ft to go still.