Thread: Visiting manhattan for a month where to stay?

Default Visiting manhattan for a month where to stay?

Hi I'm a 19 year old guy creative and fun, not into drinking or partying that much who's moving to manhattan for a month end of jan-start march 2013 solo. Im coming over from australia where i live but was born in the usa so am looking to get a job or an internship while im over, mainly going for a holiday though. Been looking on air bnb but cant seem to decide on an area! I want to be close to times square and all the buildings there, plus the museums and shops near central park, but also want to be around a quiet area where younger creative types hang out. I know its only a month but i would like to hopefully meet some people and be able to setlle down yet sight see aswell! My budget for the month is hopefully keeping it under $3000(Accommodation that is).Anyone have any suggestions of areas or even websites to find apartments/hotels on? THANKS!!!!
    Last edited by Lucian Clifforth; December 22nd, 2012 at 02:49 AM.

If you don't mind small spaces, try Pod39, then you can taxi or use the subway to wherever.

http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9173