Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Posting Images and Photos

Default Posting Images and Photos

I have some digital photographs that are high resolution (2200x1700). Where would be a good place to store them online, so that I can link the photos into a forum message? Is there a way to resize the photos so they fit comfortably on a computer screen? And (I know this has been discussed somewhere before, but) how do I link a photo into a message?

Default Posting Photographs

Here is the procedure for posting images on Wired New York Forum.

1. *If the image you want to post is already on-line, you have to know its URL. If the image you want to post is on your computer, you have to transfer it to some server on the web. Wired New York Forum does not store your images, it just displays the images in the forum post, while the images are located on some other web-server. There are web sites that allow to store your images for free, however, some sites do not allow to view the images from another server (so called "hot linking" ).

2. Once the image is on-line and you know its URL (if you enter the URL into your browser, you would see the image), you can make the actual post. It involves typing a tag [ img] at the beginning of the image URL and [ /img] at the end (without a blank space between the square brackets, however). For example, this line

[ img]http://www.wirednewyork.com/times_square/images/times_square_25_2.jpg[ /img]

will post the following image:

You can click on button "Edit" above any post with images to see and learn the code.

The images wider than 800 pixels do not display well on a forum page, so large images should be rescaled using any image editor.

nice pic Edward, still got the photography in you huh

Can a user use HTML coding to add pics, links, etc.?

I was able to view the image, so the url is correct.
    The problem must be that the Road Runner site does not permit hot linking. The only way to view the image is to go to the site.

Go to this site. http://www.andromeda.com/people/ddyer/photo/albums.html

It describes many photo hosting sites.

CMANDALA,

take out the spaces. *Edward would not have been able to show you the syntax if he didn't put those spaces in... think about it...

It actually kills !
    How come this boat could go his way ? Looks like it's higher than the bridge !

I'll try one form my website. I mean I never get o photo up on the forum when I want to.

Dominicano, here how you do it. Click on "Edit" above my post to see the code.

Thanks.

Just testing if I can post pics.

I'm doing exactly what the instructions say, putting
    [ img] before the image url and [ /img] after(without the space, for show), but some of my images still arent appearing.

If it's some of your images, then the problem is with the images. Is there direct linking capability on the webpage they are hosted?

Quote: from ZippyTheChimp on 7:30 am on Aug. 27, 2003
    If it's some of your images, then the problem is with the images. Is there direct linking capability on the webpage they are hosted?
    Never had a problem before, perhaps it just doesnt work well with the operating system of the board. I'm just baffled.

I'm just having a problem finding somewhere that will host my images. Does anyone know a *good free place to have images hosted?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast