Thread: NYC "Ghost Doctors Ghost Hunting Tours"

Default NYC "Ghost Doctors Ghost Hunting Tours"

Hello people from the greatest city of the world!
    Only a couple of weeks before my wife and I are visiting NYC again. We're spending half of our days now planning our trip with pleasant anticipation. We can't wait to finally come back.....
    Now my wife found a website that recommends Ghost Hunting Tours in locations like Grand Central, the MoMa, Central Park or other locations. I don't like the idea too much I must admit - but she is fascinated about those tours and thinks it could be a real experience. And like in every marriage she is the one to decide ;o)
    Has anybody heard of these tours (www.ghostdoctors.com) and can recommend them??

Thanks for your help!!!

Oh, it's actual ghosts.

I thought it was something else, like ghostly history.

Good luck.

Dude, the Ghostbusters cleaned out all the ghouls back in the '80s. Nothing to see now.

Stay puffed man.

Stay puffed.

If there's something wrong in the neighbourhood...... ;o)

Has anybody heard of these tours? We will see whether we're joining in or not. I don't like the idea of meeting ghosts (or fraud ghosts) anyway. Or are there any other tours (not necessarily a ghost tour) which you would highly recommend??

Seeing as there is no such thing as ghosts in the first place I would stick to some of the more traditional and much more informative tours....Circle Line Cruises or any of the bus tours are very interesting....some of the lesser known tours could be the Subway Art Tour or Metropolitan Walks. Take Me Out are cool for discovering nightlife.

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    Has anybody heard of these tours? We will see whether we're joining in or not. I don't like the idea of meeting ghosts (or fraud ghosts) anyway.
    I've never heard of them, but my first impression (my other post) was that it was storytelling - which might be a good experience.

I Googled "ghost tours new york city" and most were like this
    Explore the shadow-filled streets of New York’s most haunted neighborhood, Greenwich Village. Dressed in Victorian costume, your tour guide will lead you by lantern light to discover the true ghost stories of Washington Square Park and the 15,000 souls buried there, the phantoms within the tragic Mark Twain House, and the mysterious ‘rappings’ heard by occupants at the Edgar Allen Poe House.
    But the Ghost Doctors:
    These are not your typical run-of-the-mill “little storytelling” ghost tours. This is the real deal! Actual ghost hunts through the microcosm known as New York.

LEARN HOW TO USE:

Actual Ghost EMF Meters
    Seek Out Electronic Voice Phenomena
    Infrared Temperature Detectors
    Night Vision
    Dowsing Rods
    Do you really want to walk around GCT looking for electromagnetic fields? My refrigerator has one. "Honey, Aunt Clara is in the kitchen!"

If you go, bring a flask and stay lit. I'll make you more attuned to paranormal phenomena.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    My refrigerator has one. "Honey, Aunt Clara is in the kitchen!"
    Kudos on the fridge joke!