Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The 2016 Presidential Race

Quote Originally Posted by scumonkey View Post
    [Deep, Exhausted Sigh] Ben Carson Thinks Joseph From the Bible Built the Pyramids

By Ben Mathis-Lilley

Well,
    Ben Carson thinks Joseph from the Old Testament built the pyramids. BuzzFeed found this claim in a speech Carson gave at Andrews University, a Michigan school that describes itself as the "flagship educational institution" of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that Carson belongs to:

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson told graduates during a commencement address in the late ’90s that he believed the pyramids in Egypt were built by the biblical figure Joseph to store grain, and not, as most archeologists contend, as tombs for pharaohs. ... “My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain,” Carson said.

The Old Testament Joseph is said to have been sold into slavery in Egypt by his brothers before rising to prominence after interpreting one of the pharaoh's dreams (a dream involving grain and famine).

More from Carson's speech:

“And when you look at the way that the pyramids are made, with many chambers that are hermetically sealed, they’d have to be that way for various reasons. And various of scientists have said, ‘Well, you know there were alien beings that came down and they have special knowledge and that’s how—’ you know, it doesn’t require an alien being when God is with you.”
    Video:
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...t_egypt_s.html

Other notable Carson claims:

Gah. Gonna be a long day.
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...t_egypt_s.html
    Do you know what the pyramids were for?? The Egyptians used them as tombs, but there is no definite proof that they weren't used for something else before. For all we know, they could have been built BEFORE the time we'd associate with Joseph, and Joseph just came upon them and used them (if there really was a Joseph). At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what your (potential) politician thinks or theorizes about the pyramids of Giza...

Regarding "Jewish gun control in Germany," are the Jews not free human beings that should have been able to defend themselves against usurpatious government under Hitler? So because their success would have been a futile set of odds, they should not have even bothered?? How is his statement really that ridiculous???

Darwin's theory of evolution has been used to give merit to the eugenics movement in its various forms, so yes. Unless of course you belong to the mega elite class that promote eugenics, the theory of evolution has been cited to advance a movement that is an enemy to you and me for the basis that it does not value our lives based on ideas of superiority and inferiority.....

The United States is in fact at the helm of a massive intelligence gathering operation against its own people. Your rights have been reduced to mere "pretended powers" by executive orders. You can be taken into custody without due process...so yea, that is like Nazi Germany. Is this Nazi Germany? No, it's the United States, under leadership that can ignore the constitution under any claim made against you (false or legitimate).

Prison can make you gay, we all know that is a potential outcome. So what? Just about anything can make you gay.... Ben Carson is guilty of taking part in a dumb conversation....I wonder what crazy garbage would have come out of Nixon's mouth on a similar topic..

I'd rather this guy make his money hawking cheap supplements rather than Middle Eastern oil, minerals and gas. I doubt our troops will be utilized to "Die For Glyconutrients"
    Last edited by brunfuss; November 23rd, 2015 at 11:49 AM.

I started to rebuff your reply
    (like with this interview)
    http://www.thetakeaway.org/story/fam...about-pyrmads/
    ...but as I read further, I saw with your views it would be a pointless waste of time.

Ben Carson: I Didn’t Want To Endorse Trump, But He Promised Me A Position

by Josh Israel Mar 15, 2016 11:13 am

Dr. Ben Carson, who endorsed Donald Trump’s presidential candidacy on Friday, appears less than
    enthusiastic about that decision. And the real reason the unsuccessful GOP presidential hopeful
    endorsed his former rival could be a violation of federal law.

Carson told the conservative online site NewsMax TV on Monday that he backed Trump based on
    a practical calculus.

“I didn’t see a path for [John] Kasich, who I like, or for [Marco] Rubio, who I like. As far as [Ted] Cruz
    is concerned, I don’t think he’s gonna be able to draw independents and Democrats unless has has
    some kind of miraculous change… Is there another scenario that I would have preferred? Yes. But
    that scenario isn’t available.” Pressed to clarify, Carson said he meant he’d prefer to have backed one
    of the other candidates.

Carson then said that Trump had promised him a role in his administration, “certainly in an advisory capacity.”
    Asked by NewsMax’s Steve Malzberg whether this meant a cabinet position, Carson declined to
    “reveal any details about it right now, because all of this is still very liquid.”

Federal law expressly prohibits candidates from directly or indirectly promising “the appointment of any person
    to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy.”
    The penalty for violations could include fines or a year in jail — two years if the violation was willful.

vid:
    http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.html...on-by-trump%2F

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a ThinkProgress inquiry about whether such
    an illegal offer was made to Carson. Prior to Carson’s departure from the race, Trump suggested
    that Carson might be “pathological,” like a “child molester.”

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...tion-by-trump/

I must say Ben Carson does NOT impress me in any way whatsoever.

Forum Veteran

Dr. Carson believes that aliens built the pyramids, so that's pretty much all you need to know

I guess that somewhere in here, if anyone ever reads this again, it should be noted that Trump won the election.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789