Page 152 of 666 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 9986

Thread: Newark Development

Default Paramount/Proctors theaters

I would love for both of theses buildings the paramount and proctor to become theaters expecially the proctors as a real movie theater with multiple screens i truly hope they do something and quick

Quote Originally Posted by alex@newark View Post
    i would love for both of theses buildings the paramount and proctor to become theaters expecially the proctors as a real movie theater with multiple screens i truly hope they do something and quick

lol lol lol :d

Love hate relationship. Block If you look at those post you will notice a almost 50/50 split on people that either hated it or loved it (I excluded what seemed to be a subcontractor that voiced his complaints in there). One of my current tenants lived there and loved it but just was saving a lot by moving into my building. The primary issue for 1180 is it's still the premier building in Newark and therefor people like me will always look to poach clients at the lower price point.

Quote Originally Posted by block944 View Post
    http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...-Eleven80.html

Eleven80 is still falling apart, looks like there is extensive water damage on the upper floors and they aren't getting repaired. They are just moving tenants down lower.

Director of Public Safety

show details 10:54 AM (7 hours ago)

The Essex County of Department Works has informed us that Central Avenue will be closed for resurfacing between Dr. MLK Blvd. and Norfolk St. from 7:00 PM, Thursday, October 16 and 6:00 AM, Friday, October 17. Please adjust your travel plans accordingly. We will advise you if any further updates concerning the project are received from the county.

Quote Originally Posted by block944 View Post
    Director of Public Safety

show details 10:54 AM (7 hours ago)

The Essex County of Department Works has informed us that Central Avenue will be closed for resurfacing between Dr. MLK Blvd. and Norfolk St. from 7:00 PM, Thursday, October 16 and 6:00 AM, Friday, October 17. Please adjust your travel plans accordingly. We will advise you if any further updates concerning the project are received from the county.
    They should re stripe the white lane markings that were painted when the NJPAC opened in 1997. It was striped for two lanes in both directions. the tight right lane was meant for small compact cars, but SUV drivers tried sneaking between the cars on the left lane,and sideswiping parked cars to the right. Newark allowed the stripes to fade away after many broken left side view mirror complaints. There is room for a third center lane for turns. Just like Park avenue in East Orange.

i wonder when will we see some construction and who would actually stay in that hotel??? OHH WILL IT EVEN HAVE A POOL THAT WOULD BE NICE =)

Default Crane Spotted Again

I saw the huge crane again today on my way home from the office...there's a large steel-construction building going up near Rutgers/NJIT it seems. Does anyone know which project this might be? It looks like it's at least 8 stories or so at this point. I will try to snap some photos tomorrow or Saturday morning. There's also a project that looks like it's near Broad Street station, covered in yellow foam/insulation board right now (I noticed this from the Harrison PATH station). Is this part of Teacher's Village or some other project? Looks like it is slightly Northeast of Broad St station.

btw - wasn't a Marriot supposed to go U/C this summer? Does anyone know the status of this project?

The project near Rutgers is the private school going up on Central Avenue next to Halsey St, which was discussed in here. I don't know any other mid-rise buildings going up in that area, otherwise I'd be one of the first on here to let you know. The other one with the yellow foam is the Studebaker Lofts, also talked about here. And the Courtyard is supposed to break ground this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
    The project near Rutgers is the private school going up on Central Avenue next to Halsey St, which was discussed in here. I don't know any other mid-rise buildings going up in that area, otherwise I'd be one of the first on here to let you know. The other one with the yellow foam is the Studebaker Lofts, also talked about here. And the Courtyard is supposed to break ground this fall.
    Curious, this hotel that's supposed to be in 'a historic building near the Prudential Center', what is its relation to the Courtyard? I ask b/c when I first read the article (in newarkdev's post) I thought it was the Marriott, but then I quickly realized that:

A) the Marriott was a ground-up construction (no historic building relation)
    B) the article says it would be operated by Indigo

What's the story?

Additionally, (and I know I've said it before but...)

I really wish they wouldn't put that Marriott where they're gonna put it. Just sayin

The building on Broad and Edison where Foot Locker stood a few years back will be home to the Hotel Indigo. The Marriott has nothing to do with it as it's planned for behind the parking deck further down Broad by Lafayette. Here's where the Indigo is being put in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCm1bsu9N0M

LOL. Don't like that spot either. But if Marriott has confidence in that spot, who are we to complain? There's a Sheraton next to the prison for pete's sake. Who knows? Another hotel chain could be put somrwhere on or near Mulberry by the Rock. Wouldn't surprise me as newarkdevil was right about this one.

I figured it would be different. I had only vaguely heard of another hotel in that area but that's where any knowledge I may have had stops there.

But hey, if the Marriott approves then they approve. If they like it I love it (I would just love it a little more on the Mulberry St. side lol)

Excellent youtube link.

Default Love the Youtube finds...

Marv,

I love the Youtube finds there, some great shots from the building tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
    The building on Broad and Edison where Foot Locker stood a few years back will be home to the Hotel Indigo. The Marriott has nothing to do with it as it's planned for behind the parking deck further down Broad by Lafayette. Here's where the Indigo is being put in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCm1bsu9N0M

LOL. Don't like that spot either. But if Marriott has confidence in that spot, who are we to complain? There's a Sheraton next to the prison for pete's sake. Who knows? Another hotel chain could be put somrwhere on or near Mulberry by the Rock. Wouldn't surprise me as newarkdevil was right about this one.

Arrow 810 broad st hotel

Is it going to have a pool and when are signs of consrtuction going to happen????