Page 263 of 666 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 9979

Thread: Newark Development

Quote Originally Posted by youryoyo View Post
    Attachment 13390Attachment 13391

This is a new boutique at 83 Halsey Street called Luxe, the owner is doing a pretty good business so far. They sell contempory ladies clothing at mid range prices about $50-60 for a dress or romper, $40 on shirts and blouses. The style is in the same vain as Zara, H&M, or BCBG.

I noticed construction for what looks to be a restaurant on the opposite end of Halsey Street across from Nick’s and the Irish Pub (I can’t remember the name). I don’t have a picture yet.
    There are two buildings on Halsey getting work done. One that has the doors on it already and looks like rather extensive interior work done as well. I posted picture of some of it but its righ over by the new sushi place, supposedly this isn't going to be a restaurant but rather a sort of collections of shops within one store. As for the renovation on Bleeker and Halsey, I'm rather curious as that one sat for a few years boarded up.

Quote Originally Posted by newarkdevil1 View Post
    There are two buildings on Halsey getting work done. One that has the doors on it already and looks like rather extensive interior work done as well. I posted picture of some of it but its righ over by the new sushi place, supposedly this isn't going to be a restaurant but rather a sort of collections of shops within one store. As for the renovation on Bleeker and Halsey, I'm rather curious as that one sat for a few years boarded up.
    Another storefront has appeared renovated with the nice glass and polished wood common for restaurants is located on lower Broadway, the one way stretch, between Bloomfield av and 7 th avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by newarkdevil1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	more 112.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	13392

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Very nice.

Default Prudential No. 3 in continental U.S. for earnings, publication says

Saturday, June 25, 2011 Last updated: Saturday June 25, 2011, 4:56 PM
    BY JOHN BRENNAN
    STAFF WRITER
    The Record
    Print | E-mail
    The Prudential Center in Newark has climbed to No. 3 in the continental U.S. and to No. 8 in the world in gross earnings for concerts and family shows for the most recent six-month period, according to a leading industry publication that will announce these results next week.
    Only New York’s Madison Square Garden and the Staples Center in Los Angeles — the East and West Coast’s iconic venues — ranked ahead of the four-year-old Prudential Center among continental U.S. arenas, according to an advance copy of the Venues Today obtained by The Record. The rankings are based on earnings during the period from mid-October until mid-May, and don’t include sports tenants, such as Devils, Nets and Seton Hall University. But such events as mixed martial arts and the NCAA East Regional men’s basketball semifinals and final in March are included.
    Facilities in London and Sydney ranked first and second, followed by the Garden, the Bell Center in Montreal, the Staples Center, venues in Berlin and San Juan, Puerto Rico, and the Prudential Center. Arenas in Oakland, Calif., and Tampa, Fla., rounded out the top 10. The capacity for the category is 15,001 to 30,000 seats.
    The news comes at a busy time for the Prudential Center, which was the host of the National Basketball Association draft on Thursday; a Wisin y Yandel Latin music concert on Friday; a Sade/John Legend concert on Saturday, and a performance by R. Kelly on Sunday. The Devils also held a free party at the arena early Friday evening for fans to watch who they chose with the fourth selection in the National Hockey League draft.
    Newark Mayor Cory Booker, taking advantage of the national media and fan attention afforded Newark by the presence of the NBA draft Thursday, conducted numerous interviews, professing his desire to lure an NBA team to the city once the Nets end their two-year run and move to Brooklyn following the 2011-12 season.
    The Izod Center was not among the 20 top arenas on the list.
    E-mail: brennan@northjersey.com
    Blog: northjersey.com/brennan
    Twitter: @BergenBrennan

^Surprising? Yes. Satisfying? You can bet your @*!!

Great News for Newark! Sad news for naysayers...lol!

^Thank you both for the links

Loft 47
    http://yourcovergirl-baileyli.onsugar.com/Your-COVERgirl-Bailey-Li-covers-LOFT-47-18058939

I think Edison Ale/Loft 47 will be a success. Unlike BCBG that totally depends on the Pru center for business or the 494 Martini that totally depends on Rutgers and office traffic (they still aren't open on the weekends, the owners of Edison Ale are already linking up with the right local promoters and bands to bring out the only people who care to hang out in Newark right now – Newarkers. The lady who owns it used to own a bar on Central Ave it was nice inside but the location was schetchy.

I think it will be a success as well. I've talked w/ a few of the folks at BCBG and they said they actually do get a good amount of traffic during the week and on non-event days. I think the 'Edison Pl district' is more of a requirement than a compliment (especially having the arena that close).

Also, I think if Newarkers were the only ones who wanted to hang out in Newark we'd be in trouble lol (better to get inside AND outside money)

I’ve only been to BCBG once for happy hour on a random week day, there were 5 or 6 including me at the bar aside from that it was empty as I was leaving a group of 20-25 people (Newarkers) came in to celebrate a graduation (UMD I think). But that’s just once on a random day. To be succussful you you have to make money off of everyone, I can't stand that 494 Martini isn't open on the weekends, they rather deliver breakfast and serve morning coffee to make up the difference. I hope Loft 47 will inspire other locally owned businesses to expand to downtown, I'd love to see a bigger, more up scale John's Place - it's my favorite place in Newark .

494 isn't open on weekends because it doesn't make sense to. It's a 9-5 area. As for BCBG they need to lower their menu prices with Edison Ale House and later on Dinosaur BBQ coming in if they want to have a steady flow coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
    494 isn't open on weekends because it doesn't make sense to. It's a 9-5 area.
    I don’t understand why they wouldn’t be open on the weekend, It’s a bar – people don’t stop drinking on Friday at 9pm, that’s usually when they start. I feel their closed on weekends because that 9-5 out-of-town is the only crowd they want to serve, not because they wouldn’t have any business. The right marketing and promotion could bring a nice weekend crowd. I think people on the outside have a very one dimensional idea of who lives in Newark – you can tell from this board.