Page 406 of 519 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 7774

Thread: Newark: Real Estate, Development, News, & Politics

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
    They weren't really good either however alot of the new businesses in Newark are doing very well always crowded , good food , good prices....
    Yeah even on game nights its wasnt very packed and in the am the coffee shop would be dead empty while back in the day star bucks on broad would be packed and that closed. True story i was at bucks and picked out a wedgie while in line and turned around and it was cory booker in line behind me! Dude is big and has really blue eyes, totally embarassed but he was on his phone so he may not of noticed.

Anyway they should convert uber burger to smash burger and i would be there everyday

Quote Originally Posted by Don31 View Post
    I don't disagee with you Newarkguy, those are good points. Maybe I should have qualified it: For a country its size, the rail service puts most to shame. You never wait more than three minutes for a connecting train and the trains are almost always on time.

What's with the crack about "sophisticated" enlightened people? It doesn't really add to the point you're making.
    Its that the swiss have always been a rich people, and I consider them a nation of SNOBS. Thats all.

Uber Burger and Brick city cofee were the same busines, basically. They failed or refused to attract. Newarkers, desiring the "suburban" (code word) costumers. Aside from City Hall & Post office,MLK courthouse....No one ever heard of them. THE NFL LOCKOUT KILLED THEM.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Newarkguy View Post
    Its that the swiss have always been a rich people, and I consider them a nation of SNOBS. Thats all.
    Snobs don't invest billions in their Railway , Highway , power , Education and water systems , they're also upgrading all Inter-EU links like the North-South Railway and the High Speed links to France and Italy... The Scandinavian Countries will dump 50 billion into Highways , Transit , Education , water etc over the next 5 years even building bridges to connect tiny towns and small cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Newarkguy View Post
    Maybe so, but it didn't really add anything to your argument.

I agree with Nexis, they've invested billions into infrastructure while all we do here is argue about it.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

If you want snobs, try France.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by stache View Post
    If you want snobs, try France.
    Nah , Even there not Selfish....pouring billions into Trans-Alp & Pyrenee's Highway & Railway Upgrades along with New Metro & Tram systems in small cities like Rennes or Lille.... Social Services and the Power/ Water Grid are getting billions in upgrades despite the debt problems. Island's like Majorca , Sicily , Sardinia & Corsica having Regional Railway Networks and Tram networks in their cities....which I find pretty amazing although Oahu will join one of the few dozen Islands with a Metro System by 2021 with their network so were not entirely behind in that department.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nignog View Post
    Yeah even on game nights its wasnt very packed and in the am the coffee shop would be dead empty while back in the day star bucks on broad would be packed and that closed. True story i was at bucks and picked out a wedgie while in line and turned around and it was cory booker in line behind me! Dude is big and has really blue eyes, totally embarassed but he was on his phone so he may not of noticed.

Anyway they should convert uber burger to smash burger and i would be there everyday
    A Smash Burger / Starbucks

One Killed, Two Wounded at Newark IHOP Restaurant Shooting

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/03/23/3-shot-at-newark-ihop-restaurant/

People working at these places overnight are brave as I wouldn't dare work that late based on the riff raff I 've seen wandering on Bergen Ave at night. Wondering if Walmart will be 24x7. The one in kearny have drunk riff raff at night that knock over soda bottles, tear up bags of chips and hoot/holler/harass girls (why those girls are wearing yoga pants with their ass showing at such a young age is beyond me)

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nignog View Post
    One Killed, Two Wounded at Newark IHOP Restaurant Shooting

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/03/...op-restaurant/

People working at these places overnight are brave as I wouldn't dare work that late based on the riff raff I 've seen wandering on Bergen Ave at night. Wondering if Walmart will be 24x7. The one in kearny have drunk riff raff at night that knock over soda bottles, tear up bags of chips and hoot/holler/harass girls (why those girls are wearing yoga pants with their ass showing at such a young age is beyond me)
    Why is anything even open past 11pm....aside from Highway eateries.... After 11pm the only people to patronize these businesses are usually criminals or up to no good thugs , same with New York City. If Businesses would just close at 11pm I could see the Crime rate dropping by 50%. And your right the Suburban chains that stay open late get the drunks or mental unstable so its not like the suburban chains or locations after dark are any better.... The Majority of Violent crime in this region happens between 11pm and 4am....

Lets see, Ive gone to Walmart late at night. I see...Kearny PD. NOTHING GOING ON WHATSOEVER. Theres no Bar there and Its not anywhere near any residential areas. Harrison' s closest neighborhoods are 3/4 mile away to the west. Ive NEVER seen any drunks stumbling around. All I see are overnight workers moving and unpacking skids. You sound like a typical Walmart basher, and NO, I've never seen custumers wearing "walmart" fashions. Shopping wearing thongd and pot bellies. ( like all those websites claiming walmart shoppers are white/black trash types. If Walmart goes UNION at midnight,tonight, I garantee ALL the anti walmart crap disapears overnight!
    Second. 2 people died....SO WHAT!!! AS a Newarker, Im sick of all the stupidity concerning Newark.
    * YES! OF COURSE WE HAVE ELECTRICITY!
    * YES! WE HAVE FLUSHING TOILETS and RUNNING WATER!
    *NO! WE DO NOT GO DOWN THE STAIRS BACKWARDS!
    *YES! HE HAVE TVs AND SOFAS TOO!
    * FUNNY HOW WHEN YOUR PARENTS(some of you)GREW UP IN NEWARK,DESPITE THE NEGLECT AND DELAPIDATION OF THE 50's and 60's "IT WAS BEAUTIFUL" (yeah, beautifully WHITE and Jewish!!) Now, despite areas like Weequahic having been preserved, some of you call it "GHETTO" !! Same homes...some restored and in better conditions than ever......but blacks residents.....automatic ghetto designation for some of you.
    * I DONT SEE ANYONE DEMANDING ALL WHITE HOBOKEN TO SHUT DOWN AT NIGHT!

THE DAMN IHOP HAS BEEN THERE OVER 21 YEARS along with A&PPathmark and Kentucky Fried Chicken WITH NO INCIDENTS !!! All of a sudden Newark cant have 24hr eateries?!!!
    Ill tell you what, the day mayor BAMBERG! Yes, I said "BAMBERG" !! The day your dictator mayor Bloomberg decrees that NYC will shut down at midnight, We'll do the same here. People die at all 5 boros, yet no one suggests shutting down NYC overnight eateries...........

Maybe " Block 924" or whatever# is back
    Last edited by Newarkguy; March 24th, 2013 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
    Why is anything even open past 11pm....aside from Highway eateries.... After 11pm the only people to patronize these businesses are usually criminals or up to no good thugs , same with New York City. If Businesses would just close at 11pm I could see the Crime rate dropping by 50%. And your right the Suburban chains that stay open late get the drunks or mental unstable so its not like the suburban chains or locations after dark are any better.... The Majority of Violent crime in this region happens between 11pm and 4am....
    The "police industry" (their money making division)wouldnt have any other way.

(JUST KIDDING!)

What dilapidation in the '50s and '60s?

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

After 11pm the only people to patronize these businesses are usually criminals or up to no good thugs , same with New York City.

************************************************** *********************************************

Um, no.

Geez, I go to drug stores, banks, restaurants and bars after 11 all the time, and often ride the subway, bus, or commuter rail well after 11, and same goes for most people I know.

I guess we're all "criminals or up to no good thugs", when all this time I thought I was just going to my local 24h Duane Reade for toothpaste!