Page 559 of 659 FirstFirst ... 59459509549555556557558559560561562563569609 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 9883

Thread: Newark Development

Forum Veteran

Out of curiosity. Has anyone been inside of the new Indigo hotel. I saw some of the pictures posted on the website but I'm curious about the new bar/lounge and restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by newarkdevil1 View Post
    Out of curiosity. Has anyone been inside of the new Indigo hotel. I saw some of the pictures posted on the website but I'm curious about the new bar/lounge and restaurant.
    I've been to the restaurant/bar in the bottom the first weekend that it opened. The food was good - probably the best out of the places on edison. The place is really nice and well done. The rooftop bar/lounge was not open yet and they said it will be in a couple of weeks (they have an indoor part).

Some pics - I'll get more next time I go back:

Part of the Lobby

A lot of the old bank cages/vaults were kept in place an restored. There is a really big cool looking vault door in the restaurant that I didn't get a pic of.

Funky floor in the bathroom:

Those are good shots, I've never really been inside that building.

This historic video from reddit Newark is cool, you can see a lot of the buildings up and down Market that are still there today:

http://theoldmotor.com/?p=135595

Also a decent read from njbiz:

http://www.njbiz.com/article/2014111...industry-in-NJ
    Last edited by 66nexus; December 23rd, 2014 at 08:05 PM.

Newark sees influx of new developments

Construction, financing for projects picking up in NJ town
    December 30, 2014 09:50AM

« PREVIOUS NEXT »

• Print

Rendering for RBH Group’s project in Newark, N.J.

Newark is booming with development.
    More than half a dozen projects have secured financing, broken ground or have been completed in the former industrial hub in the past year, according to the Wall Street Journal. Newark has about 280,000 residents.
    One of the projects is RBH Group’s Four Corners Millennium Project, which is slated to include 705 residential units, a hotel as well as retail and office space, the newspaper reported. Dranoff Properties is planning a 22-story building with 245 units. Dranoff is expected to break ground this winter. More than 470 residential units received permits in Newark this year through October, which is more than double than the average over the last few years.
    Newark was hit hard in the recession, which caused many projects to stall. Resuming development has been slower in Newark than in other towns, including nearby Hoboken and Jersey City.
    “I think this moment is really a new beginning,” Baye Adofo-Wilson, the city’s economic and housing development director, told the newspaper. [WSJ] Claire Moses

- See more at: http://therealdeal.com/blog/2014/12/....fqTbepRp.dpuf

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

^ The building in the rendering is more than 22 floors.

Forum Veteran

Its also not in the Four Corners area...

That building looks absurd. Why not fill in up to 10 city blocks with new mid- to high- rise buildings instead of building 2 stratoscrapers?

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    That building looks absurd. Why not fill in up to 10 city blocks with new mid- to high- rise buildings instead of building 2 stratoscrapers?
    Doubt that's the final design lol. Probably cut 2/3rds of it and incorporate it into mid-rises.

Forum Veteran

I think its part of a cluster of buildings , there were a few tall sections and a cluster of mid rises..

That building is atleast 20 years away from getting built. So much more development has to happen before that building even gets considered. I would hardly call 6 projects under construction booming however its a great start for a city that has seen next to nothing in terms of economic development for almost half a century but not a boom by any stretch.
    Last edited by JCMAN320; December 30th, 2014 at 02:26 PM.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JCMAN320 View Post
    That building is atleast 20 years away from getting built. So much more development has to happen before that building even gets considered. I would hardly call 6 projects under construction booming. Its a great start for a city that has seen next to nothing for almost half a century but not a boom by any stretch.
    Why are you so nasty...I doubt that building is 20 years away... Look how fast buildings are leasing out all across the region , Luxury and Market Rate. A few years ago you would have said the same for Journal Square which is similar to Downtown Newark. Downtown Newark is following the route of Downtown Brooklyn...

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
    Why are you so nasty...I doubt that building is 20 years away... Look how fast buildings are leasing out all across the region , Luxury and Market Rate. A few years ago you would have said the same for Journal Square which is similar to Downtown Newark. Downtown Newark is following the route of Downtown Brooklyn...
    I'm not being nasty at all. You assume because I make my opinion based on economics and isn't in line with yours and I'm not so quick to dismiss the litany of issues that Newark has to confront that I'm being nasty. Journal Square has the PATH running right through the heart of it and isn't several blocks from a mass transit hub. Journal Square is in a much better position than Broad and Market never mind a block 3 blocks west of it. That building and the other buildings proposed by this group around it realistically are many, many years away from happening. There is no catalyst nor precedent yet for that scale of residential construction Downtown. Look at the Theater Square development or Shaq's Tower and how none of those big projects that have been on the board for years now are no where near close to starting. 1180 went into foreclosure not that long ago. Downtown Newark at this point can't support that scale of development.