Page 597 of 669 FirstFirst ... 97497547587593594595596597598599600601607647 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,955 of 10027

Thread: Newark Development

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
    I love when you, nexis and others periodically post pics, I hope it never stops. I often show the pics to my relatives down south who haven't been to Newark in decades. So you have more fans than just on this forum lol.
    Well im waiting for the weather to cooperate so I can do a massive Newark Update... I was going to walk from Mountain Ave station in Upper Montclair to Forest Hills via Downtown Montclair & Bloomfield....and also cover Downtown Newark & The Ironbound.... But I won't stop posting on here...I tend to post the same content on all the sites I use. The New Jersey section will be much more content overall....more photos and info... I plan on having Individual threads for each project along with the Main threads for smaller projects and news...

24jones.com

Website for residential component of Springfield Market Place. Starting price for a studio is $1,500! The floorplans don't have square footage but has some measurements, so the smallest studio looks to be around 500 sq. ft. Getting $3/sq ft is surprisingly high for Newark. Smallest one bedroom looks like it's around 650 sq. ft. with a $1,860 starting price = $2.87/sq. ft. Again, surprisingly high. Harrison is around that price per sq. ft. So are older "luxury" buildings along the Gold Coast. Best of luck with those rates. Leasing up with those rates, especially outside of downtown's core, will definitely attract more developers, investors and banks.

Are utilities included? If not I wanna know what are they smoking charging those rents in that section of town near HUD housing?

Quote Originally Posted by scrollhectic View Post
    24jones.com

Website for residential component of Springfield Market Place. Starting price for a studio is $1,500! The floorplans don't have square footage but has some measurements, so the smallest studio looks to be around 500 sq. ft. Getting $3/sq ft is surprisingly high for Newark. Smallest one bedroom looks like it's around 650 sq. ft. with a $1,860 starting price = $2.87/sq. ft. Again, surprisingly high. Harrison is around that price per sq. ft. So are older "luxury" buildings along the Gold Coast. Best of luck with those rates. Leasing up with those rates, especially outside of downtown's core, will definitely attract more developers, investors and banks.
    Yeah...that's CRAZY. They have no idea what the market is apparently. At the new Vermella building in Harrison (which has pool, gym, putting green, rooftop terrace with outdoor fire place & grills, etc., and is two blocks from the PATH and in a neighborhood that has alot of finance & IT professionals) they are charging the same for a studio. Well, good luck with that!

Forum Veteran

The New Jersey Section on SSC is live....I will still being posting updates on here... I decided to reduce the clutter in that section by giving Infill & large redevelopments their own separate threads. I'm not even half finished...so there quite a few more threads to create... The NYC & Chicago sections are getting a makeover..., its just taking slightly longer then expected. The SOMA , Four Corners , NJPAC , Airport , Port , PATH , Bloomfield , The Oranges , Montclair , Hackensack threads I have yet to create.

New Jersey Section http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3514

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
    Well im waiting for the weather to cooperate so I can do a massive Newark Update... I was going to walk from Mountain Ave station in Upper Montclair to Forest Hills via Downtown Montclair & Bloomfield....and also cover Downtown Newark & The Ironbound.... But I won't stop posting on here...I tend to post the same content on all the sites I use. The New Jersey section will be much more content overall....more photos and info... I plan on having Individual threads for each project along with the Main threads for smaller projects and news...
    Quote Originally Posted by milesq View Post
    I look forward to the photos as well. I love to see what is going on in Newark but don't necessarily make it there that often. Please keep them coming.
    Sounds good, looking forward to the updates. I think the going thought here is that the pics add a nice dimension to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by scrollhectic View Post
    24jones.com

I honestly don't know how they're going to get that price. I'd like to believe they did their research but it's really hard to say. That area is at least 10 years (maybe more) from those prices. Like others suggested it'd be different if it was downtown.

So it appears that the only thing that is unarmed in Newark is the clocks?

Quote Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
    Nike factory store the latest addition to Newark's downtown

The Nike factory store at 697 Broad Street in Newark, which opened on Thursday. (Dan Ivers | NJ Advance Media)

PrintEmail
    By Dan Ivers | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
    Email the author | Follow on Twitter
    on October 01, 2015 at 12:43 PM, updated October 01, 2015 at 2:36 PM

NEWARK – A new Nike factory store has set up shop on Broad Street, becoming the latest addition to a rapidly developing portion of the city's downtown.

The outlet, which opened its doors for the first time Thursday morning, sells sneakers, athletic apparel and sports equipment at discounted prices.

It is located at the corner of Broad Street and Cedar Street across from Military Park, on the same block as the newly opened Prudential Tower and a recently completed Starbucks. Property records indicate that the building is owned by Prudential, which purchased it in June 2012.

MORE: Newark officials break ground on facility aimed at attracting food trucks

The area is attracting a glut of attention from developers, with plans for a nearby mixed-use retail and residential building anchored by a Whole Foods supermarket, a new hotel and a high-rise apartment building already in the works.

A Nike spokesman was unable to confirm how many employees the store had hired.

On Thursday morning, dozens of customers browsed through the store's racks, many toting bright orange shopping bags as they filtered back out onto Broad Street.

Among them was Julio Moreno, a Newark resident and self-described "sneakerhead" who said he had no idea the store was on its way to the city until he walked by it late this morning. While he was excited to have another outlet to help build his shoe collection, he said he also felt a sense of possibility in the neighborhood.

"It's nice that it's here. It's something that can make us feel good," he said. "I just got to make sure I don't spend all my money."

------------------------------------

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2015/10/nike_factory_store_the_latest_addition_to_newarks. html

I think they are asking those prices because of the shoprite next to it. Most, if not all, of the apartments downtown don't really have a grocery store nearby. Its also close to downtown and the universities and has a nice view of downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
    Are utilities included? If not I wanna know what are they smoking charging those rents in that section of town near HUD housing?
    I disagree, harrison by path and 1180 when i lived there is super car unfriendly, actually it was a down right pain in the ass as the idea was you are downtown and dont need a car .. Yeah right. At 24 jones they have plenty of parking and i can get to 280 quicker than from 1180 or harrison when traffic is considered and 78. In 1180 you have to wait for conceirge to go get your car first which was another pain. Plus there is open free space for pets/dogs to do their business, in 1180 it was a nightmare. To top it off shoprite is right there and i can see umdnj students living their to. The other one by njit is way to rowdy with undergrad kids.

The biggest plus is our society hill security is now integrated into shop rites

Quote Originally Posted by KMD1227 View Post
    I think they are asking those prices because of the shoprite next to it. Most, if not all, of the apartments downtown don't really have a grocery store nearby. Its also close to downtown and the universities and has a nice view of downtown.

Exactly people dont eat out at chipotle and dinosaur bbq everday, its not healthy or cheap.

Flip side i see idiots in shop rite opening food and eating it in the store then chucking it... What low lives

I disagree, harrison by path and 1180 when i lived there is super car unfriendly, actually it was a down right pain in the ass as the idea was you are downtown and dont need a car .. Yeah right. At 24 jones they have plenty of parking and i can get to 280 quicker than from 1180 or harrison when traffic is considered and 78. In 1180 you have to wait for conceirge to go get your car first which was another pain. Plus there is open free space for pets/dogs to do their business, in 1180 it was a nightmare. To top it off shoprite is right there and i can see umdnj students living their to. The other one by njit is way to rowdy with undergrad kids.

The biggest plus is our society hill security is now integrated into shop rites
    Hmm, sounds like they're attracting people with suburban-style amenities, even though the developments is just outside of downtown. Sort of a trend in Newark's history...

The question is how many people will actually walk to varying local destinations from the Shoprite developments. If they are, they will contribute to the local economy. If not, they will all probably drive to the suburbs to spend most, if not ALL of their money there, while still contributing to the traffic and strain on services without any significant benefit to the city. That is the problem with the drive-in/drive-out economy that defines most of Newark. Prudential Center, NJPAC, Gateway Center, the Universities, the Colonnade/Pavilion, most public housing, and many buildings along Washington Park all have similar problems. A few people do shop and dine in local establishments, but most still live and shop in the surrounding suburbs, and drive EVERYWHERE!

I heard about this project and I believe it was approved. Between it, a few other buildings close to Shoprite, and several low-cost/senior housing developments along Irvine Turner Boulevard, there will be a large concentration of development in that particular area. Most of them have ground floor retail so hopefully they will help revive the neighborhood. Any pedestrian connections between them is key so they function together as a larger shopping area rather than individual isolated clusters that are too small to sustain themselves.