Page 602 of 666 FirstFirst ... 102502552592598599600601602603604605606612652 ... LastLast
Results 9,016 to 9,030 of 9986

Thread: Newark Development

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
    Thank You!!! I have been looking for renderings for those developments for a while!!!

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    The Ironbound is doing great and it's easy enough to get capital to build these smaller projects without much subsidy. The fancy large stuff in downtown requires a heavier lift right now.
    It needs more projects...I would to see 50 New projects by next summer... Which would put it near Jersey City...in terms of newer apartments...

The ironbound update was great. Thanks!

I received my 1rst voting solicitation on the Rivefront Park expansion (i.e. a flyer to vote yes). I was surprised to see renderings for the north side of Jackson st for the 1rst time. What surprised me more is that the renderings showed the expansion of the park up to NJPAC, (given they haven't even acquired the land and it's not part of this bond I was a bit thrown by the optimistic picture).

here is the link to the solicitation: http://newarkcedc.org/riverfront-park-expansion/
    Last edited by newarkdevil1; October 30th, 2015 at 08:59 AM.

Forum Veteran

What are they building north of the Dock bridge? There was a pile driver...and decent amount of dirt has been moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
    What are they building north of the Dock bridge? There was a pile driver...and decent amount of dirt has been moved.
    Could that be the Matrix site? They said back in march they were planning to build a few towers between the Panasonic and FBI buildings and break ground beginning of next year.

Does anyone know what they are are planning to build around bridge st and rt 21? I saw a crane between the river and the steakhouse across the st from the IDT garage.

Quote Originally Posted by KMD1227 View Post
    Does anyone know what they are are planning to build around bridge st and rt 21? I saw a crane between the river and the steakhouse across the st from the IDT garage.
    That's the flood mitigation project, which is designed to minimize erosion and is linked to the riverfront park plan.

Forum Veteran

So the park is moving forward?

The flood mitigation proyect is going thru with or without a park. So...yes and no?

In case you haven't seen the news yet, President Obama and Cory Booker will be visiting tomorrow somewhere between Noon and 5 PM to discuss police violence. The two stops will be the Integrity House (with the beautiful mural by Lincoln Park) and Rutgers Law School building. Many streets in the downtown will be blocked by security. Unfortunately, they are both private meetings with community leaders and a few invited guests.

Quote Originally Posted by towerpower123 View Post
    In case you haven't seen the news yet, President Obama and Cory Booker will be visiting tomorrow somewhere between Noon and 5 PM to discuss police violence. The two stops will be the Integrity House (with the beautiful mural by Lincoln Park) and Rutgers Law School building. Many streets in the downtown will be blocked by security. Unfortunately, they are both private meetings with community leaders and a few invited guests.
    Is Obama going to stay the night in Newark or is he leaving after coming back from Mannhattan?

Obama is coming back to Newark (Airport) tonight to fly back to Washington.

Also BURG in Military Park has opened today, finally!!!

Quote Originally Posted by towerpower123 View Post
    Also BURG in Military Park has opened today, finally!!!
    http://www.nj.com/entertainment/inde...art_river_home

just saw this right after I picked up lunch

maybe tomorrow