Page 604 of 669 FirstFirst ... 104504554594600601602603604605606607608614654 ... LastLast
Results 9,046 to 9,060 of 10027

Thread: Newark Development

So I missed this article. I have been to MR. Adams once before and didnt' know they were even developing it. I think in 2-3 years if they can get the walkway moving that way, they will be in a great spot to capitalize.

http://www.brickcitylive.com/lifesty...tio-extension/

Forum Veteran

The Burg has been averaging 250 ppl during lunch...and was packed for dinner tonight... Blaze Pizza opens on the 19th...and 2 more High Quality chains are coming to Halsey Street...

It'll be interesting to see how it fares against longtime Newark institution Queen Pizza 600 feet away on the corner of Cedar and Halsey streets.

Does anyone know whats rising on the Newark city limits-East Orange border? NEXT TO INTERSTATE 280?
    Its on Sussex Ave (but on the stretch from W Market to the city line called "Gould ave & S14th st.")

Quote Originally Posted by Newarkguy View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how it fares against longtime Newark institution Queen Pizza 600 feet away on the corner of Cedar and Halsey streets.
    Queen has pasta dishes and sandwiches, right? And Blaze is more of a personal pizza made to order, I think. They're probably different enough to both be fine.

Curious, has anyone else noticed the sheet pilings being drove into the Passaic right by Mr. Adams? I couldn't find anything on it and it doesn't look like it's part of the 280 work. Nexis, can you say what other chains are? On a side note, Edison is passing around flyers to allow them to expand their parking lots with lifts.

Smh, its like Edison doesn't realize how unpopular they are in the city. People want you to build actual businesses and housing on those lots not expand by building lifts to fit more cars. I would be more willing to say yes if they built a parking garage with retail on the bottom, but they have no interest to actually use these lands for anything more then parking. I can't wait for the city to somehow kick then out of Newark that way we can actually get rid of some of the sour spots downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by newarkdevil1 View Post
    Curious, has anyone else noticed the sheet pilings being drove into the Passaic right by Mr. Adams? I couldn't find anything on it and it doesn't look like it's part of the 280 work. Nexis, can you say what other chains are? On a side note, Edison is passing around flyers to allow them to expand their parking lots with lifts.
    a couple pages back mention it as flood remediation

Yelp is not being very nice to Burg or WingStop

Quote Originally Posted by taxmanic View Post
    Yelp is not being very nice to Burg or WingStop
    Can't speak of WingStop, but I did try Burg last week.

The good:
    Loved the vibe it adds to the park. Walked over from Rutgers campus in the early evening. Having a well-lit park, with a decent crowd heading to a destination, felt a little bit like I was in Manhattan.

Good drinks. They had some decent beers on tap, and the happy hour special was nice, 4 dollars for anything by RiverHorse seems a good price.

Service. Was like their third-day open, so the staff seemed a bit green, but also friendly and hard-working.

Food. The burger I got was quite tastey, and seemed to be made from good ingredients.

The Bad:
    '
    The price. My burger seemed rather small for the 9-10 dollar price. I'm probably influenced by the mega-burgers sold at chain restaurants, but I walked away still hungry. Their fries were not very good either.

Internal atmosphere. Tables and chairs seemed kinda cheap, very much a lunch-counter or diner feel, which is ok I guess. I wish they had a TV to watch while at the bar.
    Overall, it's a nice spot and I hope they succeed, because they really add to the park. Given the spartan interior, I can't fathom what delayed their opening by over a year. I'd go back for the drinks or an event in the warmer months. If I just want a burger though, I'd probably just go to BurgerWalla since it's about the same price and closer to R-N, where I usually am.

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    Anyone know if Boraie started construction in October as they claimed they would in that editorial on NJ.com a few months back? They claimed they would be starting on an "aggressive" construction schedule last month...
    No.
    The following images are from my blog, http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

As of this afternoon,

Now for actual development progress

NJIT Central King Building

Rutgers Life Sciences

NJIT Life Sciences

NJIT new Parking Deck

Hahne's Building

494 Broad Street

Waterfront Walkway prep

VIVO Ferry Street

11 Union Street

Renaissance Towers Renovation

Rock Plaza/Novelty Burger

They will open very soon!

196-198 Market Street

Teacher's Village

Bamberger's Store to Corporate Data Center

127 Halsey Street

14 Summit Street

Piling machine by the Matrix waterfront development project site

Nice pics towerpower! Was there a ground breaking for the Matrix site? They said they were starting early '16. Also, any news on the Four Corners project?

Forum Veteran

Whats the Matrix development site?

Matrix is planning as many as three towers on the waterfront north of Penn Station. The first phase has 220 apartments and a hotel. I am not entirely sure the piling unit is for the development or the waterfront storm defenses like closer to the Bridge Street Bridge. It seemed to be about 25 feet away from the river, much too far to work on a riverfront wall. The site that was recently parking lot was torn up in apparent preparation for the project while part is still a parking lot.
    http://www.njbiz.com/article/2015030...newark-project

I'm still confused about a few of these when it comes to the developments on the river:

Piling driving sheets by Bridge St.: I see you call it the extension of the walkway but I have yet to see they had gotten approvals or started that portion of the project. I know the open space fund was approved but I had thought they hadn't even gotten to design on the portion of the park between Horizon and Jackson st bridge.

Matrix: I don't remember seeing anything for site plan proposal in any minutes or really anything for that site. I know there is a 30 ft easement for the walkway so I'm curious as to who will pay and do what. In theory if they build on the lot the are responsible for providing the walkway from what I remember in the original waterfront plan rules.

Does anyone have anything showing planning or approvals for either of these sites?