Page 607 of 668 FirstFirst ... 107507557597603604605606607608609610611617657 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,105 of 10018

Thread: Newark Development

Forum Veteran

New Departure Board at Newark Penn Station

New Solari Board at Newark Penn
    by Corey Best, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by taxmanic View Post
    Does this count as site work for Shaq

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/20...art_river_home
    That article lists a groundbreaking ceremony for December 18th, the extra month mentioned in previous articles. Let's see what happens...

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

This property has had more groundbreaking than the San Andreas fault!

Quote Originally Posted by stache View Post
    Bwahahahahahahah!

Quote Originally Posted by stache View Post
    More than San Andreas Fault?��??
    Hehehe����������������

I guess Emoji doesn't work here. White question marks in black diamonds appear instead. (Oh well)

Forum Veteran

Whats going up on Union Street , poster wants to know http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...1855451&page=5

Man its crazy what developing one parking lot has done for a good stretch of Newark. We got a new office tower, starbucks, nike, Blaze pizza, Qdoba, and other smaller stores opening up along with the Hanes building being redeveloped into a major residential building for downtown. Now if we could do that with other Edison properties man Downtown would just be on a whole other level. I dream of a day where Prudential is surrounded on all sides by tall buildings with an active street level of people shopping, enjoying a meal before an event, or just enjoying a night on the town. If only we could do something about Edison, they are just waiting till land value jumps high enough to warrant selling their land. Though, still an exciting time for Newark to see an increase of mom and pop shops opening up with huge national brands and franchising investing in the city. Now if the city can start promoting more investment in neighborhoods outside of Ironbound and parts of the North Ward. I have heard that this current administration is in the works of trying to entice economic development in the main arteries which could be a game changer for the city. Lastly, does any one know the exact number for Newark's economic growth since the Prudential Center opened, and not just population growth like actual growth of the city's economy? Please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
    Whats going up on Union Street , poster wants to know http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...1855451&page=5
    The 11 Union Street project is unknown. No known planning data that I can find. There was supposed to be a 5 story office building around the corner on Market Street, but that site remains a tiny parking lot.

The 120 year old Bonnell building at 196-198 Market St is next on line to be revitalized. I love seeing these old half abandoned buildings brought back to their former glory.
    http://www.placenj.com/2015/11/apart...r-old.html?m=1
    Last edited by poppad; November 29th, 2015 at 06:29 PM.

Also, a Qdoba Mexican Grill will open in the Prudential Building on the Halsey Street side. They are already hiring and there has been quite a bit of interior work to break that side down into at least 3 storefronts. The 64 Halsey Street address would place it closest to the New Street corner, to appeal to Rutgers students.
    http://www.placenj.com/2015/11/qdoba...wn-newark.html

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/20...er_mobile_home

Finally a list that actually means something. We're punching well above our weight on this one, leading the state, and top of the pack in the US.
    Last edited by 66nexus; November 30th, 2015 at 06:40 PM.

I don't know if I'm misinformed about what he has and what he has not done, but so far I've been pleasantly surprised by what I've read about what Baraka and his administration have done in Newark.

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    I don't know if I'm misinformed about what he has and what he has not done, but so far I've been pleasantly surprised by what I've read about what Baraka and his administration have done in Newark.

Lol... Like what? All developments sprouting now is from all the hard work and pushing into mainstream Cory Booker has done, its a shame the world markets crashed when he came along and started to recover after he left. Baraka has done NOTHING, he hired his crony friends into office and maintained the status quo.