Page 618 of 666 FirstFirst ... 118518568608614615616617618619620621622628 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 9986

Thread: Newark Development

I posted about the plans related to the NJIT Gateway project. I still don't know what is happening with it. Can't find anything in the Planning board minutes. Its address is 368-390 Orange Street
    http://planning.ci.newark.nj.us/determinations-minutes/

Nice to see the old Murphys Varnish factory converted to residential. A few years back, corrupt school officials from defunct SCC (Schools Construction Company) rejected the site as a school reno.
    I remember they mocked the idea,claiming "the building is so toxic, the soles of our shoes melted & stuck to floors "

DUH!!! YOU'RE STEPPING ON SPILLED VSRNISH IN A ABANDONED FACTORY!!

Of course we knew it was the unions all along calling for a whole new Oliver street School to get more union contracts!!

The conversion to residential exposes the school officials reason for not converting it as rubbish.

Default Shaq Tower

I noticed that there's a fairly large new banner on the Shaq tower facing Rt 21...so I guess the project is actually for real this time. Good to see...can't wait to see some vertical construction above the existing structure.

http://www.mkwla.com/projects/#!playy19

Not sure how official it is but looks damned good. (click on 'Triangle Park, Newark' if it doesn't pop up automatically)

Forum Veteran

I saw those , that would be incredible if those turn out to be official... I'm somewhat skeptical...

Here is a PDF of the park renderings.

http://www.mkwla.com/pdf/Triangle-Park_cutsheet.pdf

Forum Veteran

I'm guessing the top rendering is the correct one since they did mention a band shell / amphitheater in the press release..

Could the glass towers in the rendering with the warehouse building be the matrix development?

Those were just a concept for the NHA. Notice the warehouse still labeled as a children's museum. We haven't seen the new design yet, and we won't until after the RFQ.

I was thinking the same thing. I think the RFQ submissions were due tomorrow or by the end of the month? Either way it should be interested as the mayor has made it known he was focused on ratables but Edison wanted control as I'm sure they want to deplete the retail so that they increase the likelihood they will have anchor tenants for their surrounding lots they are supposed to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
    http://www.mkwla.com/projects/#!playy19

Not sure how official it is but looks damned good. (click on 'Triangle Park, Newark' if it doesn't pop up automatically)
    Wow. That looks wildly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by newarkdevil1 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I think the RFQ submissions were due tomorrow or by the end of the month? Either way it should be interested as the mayor has made it known he was focused on ratables but Edison wanted control as I'm sure they want to deplete the retail so that they increase the likelihood they will have anchor tenants for their surrounding lots they are supposed to develop.
    Have to say I agree with Edison Properties here. I hope that horrible rendering showing a strip mall in the park, with the back of the stores facing the streets, never sees the light of day. There should be a couple stands in the park, like Burg in Military Park, with the bulk of the retail across the street as typical ground level retail (hopefully with wide enough sidewalks for outdoor seating).

Hi I visit Newark often and i have done a decent amount of streetview and I was just wondering is Newark actively trying to get rid of some of the blight it has? I noticed the blight in Newark is not as bad as I would have thought with such a bad reputation, seemed like a boarded up house or two on a block and then that was the extent of it compared to other high crime cities, so i was just wondering if Newark is trying to get rid of these properties or if there has been any progress with this in recent years

That rendering from MKWLA is from 2011. It has long since changed.
    The proposal for 2 strips of retail stores turning their backs on the rest of the site is also history. The new design will be somewhat similar to the MKWLA design, but will likely be better designed to integrate with the surrounding developments on the adjacent blocks. Only time will tell, as we have to wait until the design submission proposals are all in in mid-April.