Page 621 of 666 FirstFirst ... 121521571611617618619620621622623624625631 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 9986

Thread: Newark Development

We talk about this a lot but I thought this article was pretty good in regards to potential street changes that could improve the gateway area:

http://www.businessinsider.com/urbi-...ampaign=buffer

There are signs in the windows of 494 Broad St, The Cablevision building, that the Newark PD is coming soon

Default ? Really how many "mini" precints do we need?

? Really how many "mini" precincts do we need?
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmanic View Post
    There are signs in the windows of 494 Broad St, The Cablevision building, that the Newark PD is coming soon

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by newarkdevil1 View Post
    ? Really how many "mini" precincts do we need?
    I believe that is the one from the NJPAC site...

Default Total Transformation of Blanchard Street Site

I don't know if I've seen an anywhere that's going through a transformation quite like the one that the North Ironbound is going through right now (thanks to the Panamax revolution). Below you can see the Blanchard Street redevelopment area where the Morris Companies are performing site cleanup & prep ahead of the construction of the second largest logistics buildings in north Jersey:

Here's the site a few years ago, before cleanup started (note all the disparate eyesores):

Here's the site about a year ago, after cleanup of several properties that are being merged together for this enormous project:

As of this morning, there's just one last building standing on the site, which itself has been gutted and looks like it will be torn down in the next week or two.
    Last edited by West Hudson; April 6th, 2016 at 10:15 PM.

Default 77 Apartments Coming to University Heights in Newark

I was waiting for this to happen as part of the NJIT gateway initiative. I couldnt find further information

http://www.placenj.com/2016/04/77-ap...niversity.html

Newark, New Jersey: The redevelopment of Newark properties is continuing in the Central Ward.

According to a legal notice, the City of Newark approved an ordinance last month for a new building to be constructed in University Heights on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard at the northeast corner of James Street. The building will be five stories tall, and will be attached to an existing neighboring building at 240 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard, which will be renovated and expanded to include a penthouse.

When completed, the development will contain 77 apartments and commercial space. 240 MLK Urban Renewal Company, which is part of the Newark-based Hanini Group, is managing the project.

The lot where the new building will be constructed was previously used for parking, and the existing building was previously owned by the New Jersey Institute of Technology. 240 MLK is receiving a 30 year tax abatement from the City of Newark.

Quote Originally Posted by poppad View Post
    I was waiting for this to happen as part of the NJIT gateway initiative. I couldnt find further information

http://www.placenj.com/2016/04/77-ap...niversity.html

Newark, New Jersey: The redevelopment of Newark properties is continuing in the Central Ward.

According to a legal notice, the City of Newark approved an ordinance last month for a new building to be constructed in University Heights on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard at the northeast corner of James Street. The building will be five stories tall, and will be attached to an existing neighboring building at 240 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard, which will be renovated and expanded to include a penthouse.

When completed, the development will contain 77 apartments and commercial space. 240 MLK Urban Renewal Company, which is part of the Newark-based Hanini Group, is managing the project.

The lot where the new building will be constructed was previously used for parking, and the existing building was previously owned by the New Jersey Institute of Technology. 240 MLK is receiving a 30 year tax abatement from the City of Newark.

Are they actually going to build there?! The project is a 5 story new build apartment building and a renovation of a nice brick warehouse to lofts at the corner of MLK Blvd and James Street. They quickly started digging the foundation of the new part and starting interior demolition on the existing building the second they received approval last year, and then suddenly stopped. I can't wait for the project as it will put new housing and retail on MLK Boulevard on a site that acts as a gateway to Downtown Newark from the universities along James Street, simply the most beautiful path down there.

A Message from Mayor Ras J. Baraka16h ago

Nextdoor Advocate Zakia Bilal from Office of The Mayor

Today we broke ground for the construction of a $20 million luxury residential complex on Ferry Street in the #Ironbound. Upon completion in 2017, “The Continental” will offer 89 residential units and 10,000 square feet of commercial space. Residents at the 135,000 square foot complex will enjoy a 3,000 square foot “contemplation” garden, a 1,200 square foot outdoor recreation area, indoor parking, a Wi-Fi lounge, a special event space and an exercise room. We are continuing to transform #Newark not only by bricks and mortar, but through the hope and #prosperity these projects provide for our residents.

Forum Veteran

Is a wifi lounge really needed...seems like a waste of space...

Great news! What's the address of this project? (I assume this isn't the one on the site of the former Burger King that was torn down 2 years ago).

And any news on the Carvi hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    Great news! What's the address of this project? (I assume this isn't the one on the site of the former Burger King that was torn down 2 years ago).

And any news on the Carvi hotel?
    The address of the project is 325 ferry st.
    And for the hotel, there is a new partner that will develop the hotel. Not sure if you speak portuguese but there is an article in portuguese if you want to read it.
    http://www.lusoamericano.com/?p=19089

Default April 6th Development Updates

All of the following are on my blog, http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

Norfolk and Sussex Street

1160 Raymond

NJIT Events Center

NJIT Integrated Sciences Center

NJIT Parking Garage

NJIT Central King Building

Rutgers Life Sciences II

Hahne's Building (Extension topped out at 9 floors)

Carlton Hotel

Matrix Waterfront Development and Riverfront Park site

TD Bank

What a miserable waste of space to have a drive-thru bank with surface parking just 1000 feet from Newark Penn Station and across the street from the future mega-project that will occupy the two block Iberia Restaurant site.

11 Union Street

14 Ferry Street
    All of the above are on my blog, http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

Default Newark Development Updates April 7th

All of the following are on my blog, http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

Four Corners by RBH site

Teachers Village

Newark Parking Garage site

Minor renovation at 238 Mulberry Street

84 Walnut Street and 23 Cottage Street

58 Elm Street

New Oliver Street School

14 Hermon Street/127 Chestnut Street Apartment conversion and extension

90-94 Garden Street

172 and 174 New York Avenue

63 Napoleon Street

360 New York Avenue

Wilson Avenue and Jabez Street

9 Barbara Street

124 Polk Street
    All of the above are on my blog, http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

Default Newark Development Updates April 12th

Rutgers Life Sciences II

127 Halsey Street

Qdoba Mexican Grill and Halsey Cleaners

Hahne's Building and Extension

1-21 James Street (Audible office conversion)

490-494 Broad Street

I-280/Route 21 Interchange renovations

New Newark Police Internal Affairs office (likely replacing NJPAC precinct)

40 Rector Street (Shaq Tower)

NJPAC Tower site

Military Park Carousel

NJIT Intergrated Sciences Center

I decided to break the many images up into 3 separate posts, the first titled "Newark Development Updates April 6th."