Page 653 of 653 FirstFirst ... 153553603643649650651652653
Results 9,781 to 9,793 of 9793

Thread: Newark Development

Quote Originally Posted by Brick City View Post

Regarding the Lotus Equities plan for the stadium site posted above, while those buildings look nice and I am grateful for their investment, I would prefer one tall building instead of three short ones. I understand the value of Newark's land does not compel very tall buildings, but at the same time they need to stop wasting land downtown on less than 20 story buildings. Suburban office parks have taller buildings than those.
    Riverfront Square's website (as the area is being called) does show two proposed tall structures - here's hoping!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	896 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	18453  
    Last edited by scrollhectic; February 6th, 2018 at 07:49 PM.

What a waste of transit-oriented land!!! Is this really the best thing they could come up with?? The East residential buildings are configured like 1960s-era public housing projects.

btw - I would really not be surprised if they just flip the site to another developer.
    Last edited by West Hudson; February 6th, 2018 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scrollhectic View Post
    Riverfront Square's website (as the area is being called) does show two proposed tall structures - here's hoping!

This looks like they are redeveloping the new parking garage that is on the stadium site as well! I thought that wasn't part of the sale. If that is getting torn down and replaced with residential that would be huge!

Hey West Hudson, it looks like the plans that Scrollhectic posted above are almost the same exact plans as the renderings you posted of the development formerly known as Lotus Riverfront on post #9752. The tower (which will probably max out at 40 stories as per Aisha Glover's waterfront height restrictions reference) has a nice, modern look to it. And the smaller buildings look like Teacher's Village. I think these plans are fine and not too over saturated with the high-rises. The only thing that seems to have changed since the original plans, is the second smaller 15 story-ish high rise, which was moved from east (21 side) of the #2 building to west (Broad st side), north of the Cablevision Parking Structure.

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    What a waste of transit-oriented land!!! Is this really the best thing they could come up with?? The East residential buildings are configured like 1960s-era public housing projects.

btw - I would really not be surprised if they just flip the site to another developer.

West Hudson I completely agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by section08 View Post
    Hey West Hudson, it looks like the plans that Scrollhectic posted above are almost the same exact plans as the renderings you posted of the development formerly known as Lotus Riverfront on post #9752. The tower (which will probably max out at 40 stories as per Aisha Glover's waterfront height restrictions reference) has a nice, modern look to it. And the smaller buildings look like Teacher's Village. I think these plans are fine and not too over saturated with the high-rises. The only thing that seems to have changed since the original plans, is the second smaller 15 story-ish high rise, which was moved from east (21 side) of the #2 building to west (Broad st side), north of the Cablevision Parking Structure.

I wish there was just one more high rise building but overall I agree with you section08. Not every building needs to be a high rise. And this plan attains a useful yet sustainable level of density. When fully completed, the site will hold over 2 million sf of office space and 2000 apartments - that's the same as 4 One Newark Centers (Seton Hall Law school bldg) and 6 Eleven80s! Plus a hotel, retail and parking - that's a lot of people in a small area. I like the idea of a plaza in the center.

Quote Originally Posted by scrollhectic View Post
    I wish there was just one more high rise building but overall I agree with you section08. Not every building needs to be a high rise. And this plan attains a useful yet sustainable level of density. When fully completed, the site will hold over 2 million sf of office space and 2000 apartments - that's the same as 4 One Newark Centers (Seton Hall Law school bldg) and 6 Eleven80s! Plus a hotel, retail and parking - that's a lot of people in a small area. I like the idea of a plaza in the center.

My main problem with the design is that it looks like they took a suburban master-planned mixed-use community that belongs in a place like Parsippany or Bridgewater and put it into a dense urban area that is extremely transit-oriented and very highly visible (I also think the suburban-ish highrises on the north side of I-280 should be torn down and better use should be made of that land).

The design doesn't integrate at all with the surrounding community and has too much cohesion within itself. Have a city square/public promenade/plaza but build some density into that area to give it more life & energy and make it a smarter use of that land. As they tout on the website, Broad Street station is less than a 20-min commute to New York Penn. That's extremely quick compared to the average commute into midtown (and almost as quick as the trip on the PATH from Grove Street, where there are already several 40+ story towers and many more in the works).
    Last edited by West Hudson; February 8th, 2018 at 12:13 AM.

Thumbs up Ironside Newark Construction Photos & Newly-Released Renderings

Good location for a Staples...

My main problem with the design is that it looks like they took a suburban master-planned mixed-use community that belongs in a place like Parsippany or Bridgewater and put it into a dense urban area that is extremely transit-oriented and very highly visible (I also think the suburban-ish highrises on the north side of I-280 should be torn down and better use should be made of that land).

The design doesn't integrate at all with the surrounding community and has too much cohesion within itself. Have a city square/public promenade/plaza but build some density into that area to give it more life & energy and make it a smarter use of that land. As they tout on the website, Broad Street station is less than a 20-min commute to New York Penn. That's extremely quick compared to the average commute into midtown (and almost as quick as the trip on the PATH from Grove Street, where there are already several 40+ story towers and many more in the works).
    you don't need to demolish the high-rise Pavilion Colonnades north of I280 all you need to do is restore the grid around those buildings and build around them as infill. a parking deck that can accommodate the parking spaces lost.

Default Halsey & William Sts. getting a residential tower?

http://www.roi-nj.com/2018hobb/02/14...ues-80m-tower/

Weird place to put it. But if they're going with this then the whole stretch needs to be razed and start over. Teacher's Village is just a start.

Wow, that looks...damned good. I seems to be directly across the street from Teacher's Village, which in this case I think it'll do just fine. Once they finish that large building on the corner of Broad and William there'll be a nice long/continuous neighborhood there.

anyone think the Vibe really will happen...is so, when