Page 664 of 665 FirstFirst ... 164564614654660661662663664665 LastLast
Results 9,946 to 9,960 of 9965

Thread: Newark Development

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    That was quick.
    That's a tough location. There's little walkability to that area so they're getting very little if any of the office workers downtown. And although it's in a highly visible location, because it's relatively inaccessible, whatever business opens up there really has to be a destination for that location to be viable, IMO.
    Last edited by scrollhectic; May 9th, 2019 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scrollhectic View Post
    That's a tough location. There's little walkability to that area so they're getting very little if any of the office workers downtown. And although it's in a highly visible location, because it's relatively inaccessible, whatever business opens up there really has to be a destination for that location to be viable, IMO.
    The leasing office is open in the Verizon building and the condos on the other side of the river are stating to sell/lease so that will help

Borders was poorly run
    Last time I was there both food and beer were a tepid temperature

Default After Years of Planning, Newark’s Mulberry Commons Park to Finally Open Next Week

Default Two New Buildings Planned for Large Empty Lot near Newark Broad Street Station

wow..."all of 5 floors"...what a waste of potentially buildable space yet, I suppose, better than an empty lot. I hope I'm wrong,, but with all the development that has been "proposed" over the last few years, and the absence of anything new, that Newark's skyline will never be anything more than it is today

Quote Originally Posted by coralridge View Post
    wow..."all of 5 floors"...what a waste of potentially buildable space yet, I suppose, better than an empty lot. I hope I'm wrong,, but with all the development that has been "proposed" over the last few years, and the absence of anything new, that Newark's skyline will never be anything more than it is today

LoL, yet we have two new mid-sized buildings in Shaq tower and NJPAC that have added to the skyline. We need to build on the ground first, then up. It's happening.

lol it's not that bad... that section of Gibson Blvd (eeek!) is mostly low-rise anyway. The new 5-floor building should fit well within the fabric of that part of the Blvd and should nicely compliment the 5-floor H&R Block building @ 368 Broad across the street. Although I do hate that Bayonne Box next door. Hate! Who's bright idea was that?

5 floors is pretty common for that area. I'd be more upset if it was on the other side of the 280 overpass with the larger buildings. And yes, certainly better than a parking lot.

https://jerseydigs.com/four-corners-...street-newark/

Wasn't that a skyscraper once upon a time?

EDIT: regardless of the changes to the building itself, if the developers (same as Teacher's Village) and the city are serious about this then they're really going to have to do more to bring up the retail along that stretch of Market St. Teacher's Village worked because it was multiple buildings at once filling a space which created a decent area. This building on the other hand will be surrounded by blight.
    Last edited by 66nexus; June 3rd, 2019 at 08:51 AM.

Broad street development from planning board meetingsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190603_194656.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	18516
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190603_194659.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	18514  
    Last edited by youryoyo; June 3rd, 2019 at 08:17 PM.

New Broad Street development Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190603_194711.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	18515

Default More retail coming to mixed use building (IHOP) across from City Hall

Puuuuhleaaazee why not open in one of dozens of existing store fronts at 1180 or where crab shack was or teachers village. iHOP is getting a huge break to move into yet another newly created retail space. Once the special deal is up ihop will move right out and one more empty store front in newark.

Quote Originally Posted by nignog View Post
    Puuuuhleaaazee why not open in one of dozens of existing store fronts at 1180 or where crab shack was or teachers village. iHOP is getting a huge break to move into yet another newly created retail space. Once the special deal is up ihop will move right out and one more empty store front in newark.
    Just BeClaws is in the old Crab Shack spot