Page 665 of 666 FirstFirst ... 165565615655661662663664665666 LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 9986

Thread: Newark Development

Quote Originally Posted by nignog View Post
    Puuuuhleaaazee why not open in one of dozens of existing store fronts at 1180 or where crab shack was or teachers village. iHOP is getting a huge break to move into yet another newly created retail space. Once the special deal is up ihop will move right out and one more empty store front in newark.
    Curious, why do you feel that iHOP will leave once whatever breaks they may get are over? The iHOPs I do know about usually stick around for a good long time.

Also remember, even though there are other available storefronts downtown, this building is across from City Hall and if no retail goes there it sit empty just like the others. So it moving here or wherever won't change the overall amount of empty storefronts.

Quote Originally Posted by nignog View Post
    Puuuuhleaaazee why not open in one of dozens of existing store fronts at 1180 or where crab shack was or teachers village. iHOP is getting a huge break to move into yet another newly created retail space. Once the special deal is up ihop will move right out and one more empty store front in newark.
    The iHop is owned by the same woman who operates the Irvington and Burgen Ave iHop she's from Newark and pretty dedicated to the city.

Quote Originally Posted by youryoyo View Post
    The iHop is owned by the same woman who operates the Irvington and Burgen Ave iHop she's from Newark and pretty dedicated to the city.

Dedication is great but when you loose money and stop getting abatements and hand outs... Its time to close up shop.

Where the heck are all the shops at teachers village!?!?!?

Good to see some movement in Newark. No reason for all the development to be in JC.

Another residential high rise proposal.

https://jerseydigs.com/developer-pro...street-newark/

Good news is we've had 3 large residential projects open up in the past year and about a dozen more smaller projects under construction/recently open including the two on Clinton Street, Kislak, the Griffin, Broad Street across from City Hall, a couple on Market Street, 325 Ferry, about 4-5 more in Ironboud, etc.

So far, none of the other large residential developments have broken ground. The building where Vibe will ultimately be does have signage up now showing that it's coming soon, so hopefully groundbreaking will be around the corner. No word on the others.

From my count there are 11 large projects including this one at 500+ units and the Vibe at 250+ units. The other 9 are: The Halo on Washington (590+ units), the tower on Broad Street and Clinton (480+) , 36 Columbia (26+ stories), the Russo development on Broad past Broad Street Station (255+ units), the RBH development on Market and Washington (220+ units) , the first residential tower at Riverfront Square (700+ units) and the Jose Lopez project in the Ironbound (380+ units), PF Holdings on Broad Street next to Hallmark (170+ units), 777 McCarter Highway - second Shaq Tower (370+ units). Can't think of any others. That's a lot of proposed units, not to mention all the other smaller projects. That will greatly change the landscape of downtown Newark but I honestly don't think there's enough demand to absorb all these apartments.

^I think it's great if they can get anything built there since William Flats is done and the iHop building is under construction. That'll make a nice little neighborhood. I definitely think there's demand to absorb the units, provided they don't all come on line at the same time. They'll be fine as long as they keep prices lower than points east.

Quote Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
    ^I think it's great if they can get anything built there since William Flats is done and the iHop building is under construction. That'll make a nice little neighborhood. I definitely think there's demand to absorb the units, provided they don't all come on line at the same time. They'll be fine as long as they keep prices lower than points east.
    Yeah that will have everything to do with pricing. Needs to be definitely cheaper than east

Equipment at Stadium site, demo should be starting soon

They are clearing brush and homeless from Lombardy Street jughandle and lot next to Lit21

Quote Originally Posted by taxmanic View Post
    Equipment at Stadium site, demo should be starting soon

They are clearing brush and homeless from Lombardy Street jughandle and lot next to Lit21
    They actually started demo on scoreboard a couple of days ago. They started on the actual stadium this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by msands7 View Post
    Yeah that will have everything to do with pricing. Needs to be definitely cheaper than east
    That'll probably always be the case, and I'm certainly good with that.

Quote Originally Posted by milesq View Post
    They actually started demo on scoreboard a couple of days ago. They started on the actual stadium this morning.
    It was a good stadium, but I think better use for the land lies in the days ahead.

Default A first look at Walker House, Newark’s historic Bell Telephone Building conversion

https://www.6sqft.com/a-first-look-a...ng-conversion/

Looks good.

-thanks rpaquirre on reddit for the find-

Unfortunately the website is locked. And I'm not about to start an account with yet another password to remember just for one article.

Quote Originally Posted by Newarkguy View Post
    Unfortunately the website is locked. And I'm not about to start an account with yet another password to remember just for one article.
    Hmm, that's strange. It definitely wasn't locked before as I myself definitely don't have an njbiz account. I wonder why they would do that, usually they unlock 'special' articles after a time.