Page 667 of 667 FirstFirst ... 167567617657663664665666667
Results 9,991 to 10,001 of 10001

Thread: Newark Development

Quote Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
    https://jerseydigs.com/development-p...-broad-street/
    Rendering of the approved 1010 Broad Street project, courtesy of Marchetto Higgins Stieve Architects.
    Wow she's a beaut. And it doesn't need to be a skyscraper either. Looking forward to this getting built.

Quote Originally Posted by scrollhectic View Post
    That's a beautiful, contextual design. One of the few renderings I'm actually excited about. Although I don't think they've built anything in Newark yet, I have faith in Paramount completing this sooner rather than later given their other projects (Halston Flats, William Flats and those two buildings on Clinton St)
    Yes indeed. It's those same smaller infill projects that Newark needs to stitch together to create that larger redeveloped downtown effect. I also have higher hopes for this since Newark seems to get these smaller projects done at a far faster rate than the larger ones with pretty renders.

Quote Originally Posted by section08 View Post
    Wow she's a beaut. And it doesn't need to be a skyscraper either. Looking forward to this getting built.
    Newark definitely needs the infill. If anything, a skyscraper might take away from what could otherwise be a nicely developed street-wall. I felt differently some years back, but as time moves on Newark seems better suited in getting its street-front tidy. A nice walkable downtown (or even just Broad for starters) from Broad St. station to South St.

Default Groundbreaking Takes Place for Ironbound's First Hotel -about time!-

I believe what the poster meant, Is the lack of any prominent supertall..
    It doesn't matter if it's 15 or 45 buildings. If all of them top off at 22 stories ,it's just a line of stubs.
    As an example, very few,if any Harrison's new residential buildings advertise Newark Skyline oh, get the all mention views of the NYC Skyline.

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    Probably not for a really, really long time. The Halo site is currently listed for sale at $41 million, so it appears that investors are just getting projects approved to inflate their land values.

There's still about 3 decades worth of developable land in downtown Jersey City alone, so there won't be much of a need for dense housing in Newark for the foreseeable future.
    And the New York City has over 100 Years of developable land in Brooklyn and Long Island City alone. It's not a zero-sum game. It's about location and expense, especially taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    All brick and mortar chains are downsizing - everything is going online. Ground retail is probably going to decline by at least 50% over the next decade
    People are shopping the less at brick-and-mortar stores and eating out more. I remember as a teenager in the 1990s, 8th Street & Ave of Americas was the place to go to buy shoes, novelty fetish gear such as gothic costumes, thigh high boots and shiny PVC clothing. There were many party/prom dress stores a couple of men suits locations. The other side of Broadway/Kmart/Village7LoewsCineplex was the Gothic Center of New York, where the name change from 8th Street to St Marks Place. There was even a Tower Records. All stores have been wiped out and replaced by all kinds of ethnic restaurants especially Asian Cuisine. It seems all over NYC stores are disappearing and being replaced by Cookie Cutter restaurant chains.

Default Renderings Revealed for 92-Unit Project on Newark’s Washington Street

https://jerseydigs.com/renderings-re...street-newark/

Renderings Revealed for 92-Unit Project on Newark’s Washington Street

Default Onyx Equities unveils redesign of Gateway Newark into city’s business hub

Looks phenomenal. Game changer!

^Agreed, and a long time coming.

^ If you walk through the Gateway concourse, they have window cling renderings throughout of what the space will look like. It includes upgrades to the retail, lobbies, exteriors and even the design of the skybridge. I just hope they also do some exterior work with the skybridges? I know it's been a point of contention but I actually think they look cool. They just need to be jazzed up a bit with some cool night illumination (i put some examples below.) i walk through them often and i thank God that they're there when it's cold, raining or snowing.