Thread: Alex Spourdalakis Killed: Autistic Teen's Mother, Caregiver Charged In Boy's Stabbing

Forum Veteran

Default Alex Spourdalakis Killed: Autistic Teen's Mother, Caregiver Charged In Boy's Stabbing

A suburban Chicago mother was ordered held without bond Tuesday on the charge that she colluded with her severely autistic 14-year-old son's caretaker to murder the boy.

Dorothy Spourdalakis, 50, and Jolanta Agata Skrodzka, 44, were both charged with first-degree murder in the stabbing death of Dorothy's son Alex Spourdalakis, NBC Chicago reports.

Alex Spourdalakis was found dead in his bed inside a second-floor River Grove, Ill. apartment he shared with his mother and the caregiver by his father and uncle on Sunday, the Chicago Tribune reports.

Prosecutors say the two women had grown frustrated with the teen, who required around-the-clock care, and had plotted to kill him using sleeping pills, according to CBS Chicago. When that didn't work, the boy's mother allegedly stabbed him four times in the chest before slitting his wrists. Skrodzka, Alex's godmother, also allegedly stabbed the boy multiple times.

The two women were also in the apartment at the time of Alex being found dead and were reportedly lying in a semiconscious state after taking sleeping pills in an attempt to take their own lives. The women were taken to a hospital for treatment before being questioned by police.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3429030.html

A few other things you should know that the Mainstream media chooses to ignore , Age of Autism , and the Autism Media Channel are 2 of 5 anti-vaccine and Medical care groups. They believe that Vaccines caused Autism when its been disputed heavily. They believe the that Doctors and Hospitals make things worse so they come up with these natural remedies to self medicate the person. Which often makes what every they had worse , and seen the lower functioning and non verbal autistic cannot communicate it often comes out through violent outbursts.

The Mother in this case was a part of one of these groups and refused treatment numerous times of course from the state because it didn't fit their agenda. They teamed up with that disgusting Doctor wakefield which is behind the Anti-Vaccine movement in the UK and now has some death tied to his anti-Vaccine stance over there. His medical license was revoked but that was about it...he can still go around and spew his crackpot snakeoil theories which are leading to deaths either from lack of vaccination or murder.

The Mother was also a "curebie" so she wanted to find a cure for his autism at all costs which often means making small colds or viruses into painful or life threatening illnesses... It all comes full circle to their anti-vaccine / help agenda... Part of it state of denial and they blame themselves for their son's illness... 95% of us with Moderate Autism and Aspergers are very anti-cure which most people don't seem to understand. But to us , a Cure implies theres something wrong with us and it comes off highly offensive with some extra help in School , College and work a person like myself or in general with Aspergers can merge and function in society... While its not the same for lower functioning autistics , there never given the chance or asked what they what. Which through a communication device its possible to ask them if their in pain or what they want. This applies to any disabled person...it often goes ignored. People often go by Society stereotypes and parents are often in denial to the point where they refuse to listen to their own children's cries for help or basic communication.

This may come to a shock to most of the people on this site , but this is around the 300th Murder of a autistic child or adult done by a parent or close relative. Most of these parents belong to these anti-Vaccine groups...some of them actually had the charges dropped against them which fueled them online to promote killing their disabled children. Its Sick...its the absolute evil and twisted side of the human race.

I don't think i've ever seen the Autism Community this saddened and angry at the same time , these groups and crackpot doctors have pushed all the wrong buttons. I think what makes this case strike some many nerves in the Main Community is the fact that these groups have tried to pull a 180 in Media and portray themselves as Autism advocates..when they're the ones that had a hand in it. And threatening us Higher Functioning autistic's for calling them out over the last few days only seems to add to the fire. Which has been raging for years....with no end in site...at the rate this going one side is going to cross the line within a few months.... One side is sad and angry and the other is nutty and homicidal. You would think in 2013 there wouldn't be some many people believing this crackpot / snake oil nonsense but it seems to be a huge problem.

Thank you Nexis. I wish I knew more about the topic than I do, but I appreciate your occassional attempts to educate and communicate. I admire your passion.

Forum Veteran

You can read more here , he was used for a disgusting cause.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...-spourdalakis/