Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MLB Playoffs, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by hbcat View Post
    He took a calculated risk and paid the price, which includes a big hit to his reputation.
    Yes, but the alternative was to end his career. He traded off 50 games and some bad press for a few extra productive, well-paid years. Probably a good investment in shame equity

A new sports metric! ROI/SE: Return on Investment / Shame Equity. Let's just call it Return on Shame (ROS). "Hey this guy's ROS is off the charts!"

>>><<<

Dodgers are my last team left in the playoffs. They have to win to complete a comeback from 1-3 in the series. (They won today with Krankie on the mound.) If the Dodgers fall, then it's "any team but Boston."

Quote Originally Posted by hbcat View Post
    A new sports metric! ROI/SE: Return on Investment / Shame Equity. Let's just call it Return on Shame (ROS). "Hey this guy's ROS is off the charts!"
    Probably said sarcasticly, but honestly, in this case it works for me!

Nah, but I hear ya. I save my sarcasm for things that truly matter.

Crap. I tuned just in time to see Victorino hit a grandslam over the Monster. If Detroit cannot comeback in the last two innings, it will be a Sawks - Cards WS.

The two teams I least wanted to see.

I'd take the Cards over the Braves, but yeah it there're not on my wish list either.

Yeah, I despise the Braves too. Like you, I hate the 'chop'. But Larussa is so arrogant.

So, Red Sox then? Although they are the "enemy," I have to admit they have a lot of exciting players. I would love to live in Boston; St. Louis, not so much.

At my previous job, I used to visit Boston fairly frequently, at least once month for a couple of days. I find it overrated. To me it is like this giant collage town.

“Tigers just got beaten by a bunch of dudes that look like Happy Gilmore’s caddy.”
    —@MarcCarig, Newsday’s baseball writer, after the bearded Red Sox won Game 5 of the American League Championship Series.

Get your rolaids ready. Red Sox are only a few outs away from another title.

I am ok with it. They played well.

Quote Originally Posted by eddhead View Post
    At my previous job, I used to visit Boston fairly frequently, at least once month for a couple of days. I find it overrated. To me it is like this giant collage town.
    I did live there (heart of the back bay), and it's not "like" it IS a giant college town (couldn't move away fast enough)!
    I'm so sad the sux ...errr sox won, my partner (born in Boston) is a sox fan and is driving me crazy-i'll never hear the end of it!
    Last edited by scumonkey; October 31st, 2013 at 01:14 PM.

They dominated last night in every regard. StL made too many errors...pitching was hapless....it was a foregone conclusion as soon as Boston brought a couple of guys home.
    Hey, good for them, they were a joke at the outset of the season and look what they did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast