Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why did NYC demographics change so rapidly in 60 years?

Ok. I will take it easy.

Born in 57 came here in 59.

First immigrants to New Amsterdam where Dutch so I have as much right to be there as the Native Americans do.

^
    Your right to be here isn't questioned; but it has nothing to do with 17th century Dutch people.

I assume that you're here to try to convince the white people among us of something:
    If your white you don't care that they're taking the city and making it own?
    OK, convince me. What's our common heritage as White people?

Don't really understand what your asking. When it comes to whites we don't have a "heritage" as a race alone. Our heritage comes from where we track our ancestry from. White people in this country don't have a heritage together. We have just always been the dominat race in the country. I mean when you think about it whites built this country. We were the the majority and everything was done our way. The WHITE way. Today it just isn't.

You already know im not going to convince you on anything, and i'm not quite sure why you asked.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Valley View Post
    We were the the majority and everything was done our way. The WHITE way. Today it just isn't.
    This white way you speak of, is that the slider combo??

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    This white way you speak of, is that the slider combo??

Have to admit that made me laugh and fall out of my chair. One of the funniest things i've heared in quite a long time.

Don't really understand what your asking. When it comes to whites we don't have a "heritage" as a race alone. Our heritage comes from where we track our ancestry from. White people in this country don't have a heritage together.
    It's really simple. If you're talking about a white group banding together against the others [Asians, Hispanics, etc], I want to know what it is about your group that would make me want to join. Don't say it's because we're white.

When my grandparents came here, they wound up in ethnic enclaves like Little Italy because of the commonality of culture and problems - as Italians, not Whites. When they became comfortable with American society, they bought a house in Brooklyn, and became citizens. And they were subject to discrimination by the Whites that were already here.

We have just always been the dominat race in the country. I mean when you think about it whites built this country. We were the the majority and everything was done our way. The WHITE way.
    So the German-White way was was the same as the Irish-White way, the same as the Dutch-White way? The Catholic-White way, Protestant-White way, Jewish-White way - all the same? Check the history books.

And what do you mean by we? My family had nothing at all to do with this country before the 20th century. Yours nothing before 1959.

You already know im not going to convince you on anything, and i'm not quite sure why you asked.
    To find out what you're all about, why you are the way you are. So far all you've shown is illogical bigotry.

Why did your parents leave South Africa?

Seems you can take the boy out of colonial South Africa but not the colonial South Africa out of the boy ...

I'm Duth South African.
    *Dutch* South African I assume ...

Born in 57 came here in 59.
    ... We have just always been the dominat race in the country. I mean when you think about it whites built this country. We were the the majority and everything was done our way. The WHITE way. Today it just isn't.
    And if you really think only whites built the USA then you need to do some reading up on history.

And it wouldn't hurt to dig into why the Dutch lost this colony, too.

After you ban him (read: it ) please get rid of that picture.

I guess that was his racial heritage.

Forum Veteran

Well that was predicatible

He found a more receptive audience on city data
    http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...change-so.html

Just found a picture of the guy:

Did I miss a deleted post that led to the BAN?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast