Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why did NYC demographics change so rapidly in 60 years?

Suicide post.

You don't want to see it; maybe the worst post ever at WNY.

I like blood & guts (sometimes).

But you're the boss.

more like Belgium chocolate...you really wouldn't have wanted to see it.

Damn Asians......

(maybe I shouldn't have married one...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Valley View Post
    I grew up in Flushing. I left in 1975 Not many Asians. I came back in 2007 and was majority Asian. Wasn't expecting to see a China Town. When I left whites were Majority. I here they're doing this all around the city. Taking once white neighborhoods and making them their own. When I visited I went to Littly Italy, I knew itwas a tourist trap but was surpised how little of it is actually left. If your white you don't care that they're taking the city and making it own? NYC. I miss the good old days where you would look down the street and see a sea of white faces. A place where everyone in the neighborhood knew each other. The best of times and the worst of times.

In Flushing's case, the local politicians saw heavy white-flight out to long island, and the incoming replacement resident group was shaping up to be black & hispanic. Well, they didnt want that, so they decided to make the place inviting to asian groups, who they saw as the lesser of two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by LemSkroob View Post
    Well, they didnt want that, so they decided to make the place inviting to asian groups, who they saw as the lesser of two evils.
    Who were these local politicians, and exactly how did they do it?

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LemSkroob View Post
    In Flushing's case, the local politicians saw heavy white-flight out to long island, and the incoming replacement resident group was shaping up to be black & hispanic. Well, they didnt want that, so they decided to make the place inviting to asian groups, who they saw as the lesser of two evils.
    I have confidence I can accurately state 3 other views of yours from this post alone

1) The World Trade Center attack had assistance from the Israeli government & Mossad
    2) Barack Obama was not actually born in the United States and he an illegitimate president
    3) Global Warming is a fabrication invented to scare you into giving up your car

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234