Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hoboken Ferry Terminal Renovation

Thumbs up New foodcourt

Food court to come to Hoboken Terminal, approved by NJ Transit
    Published: Friday, September 10, 2010, 1:26 PM

Katie Colaneri/The Jersey Journal

Journal file photo
    A new food court is coming to Hoboken Terminal, shown above, as approved by the NJ Transit Board of Directors today.

As of today, a new food court is in the works for Hoboken Terminal, according to a press release from New Jersey Transit.

The NJ Transit Board of Directors has signed a 10-year lease with Gateway Foods, LLC for the 3,800 square-foot food court that will include Subway, Sbarro's, Cinnabon, Carvel and Einstein Bros. Bagels and a "satellite snack bar" along with the existing Railhead Bar.

Gateway Foods will pay NJ Transit an annual base rent of $759,000 or a mixed percentage rent between 16.5 and 18 percent of annual gross sales, whichever is larger, according to the release. Gateway Foods will also invest $1.2 million in capitol improvements to the leased area of the Terminal.

"The new retail spaces will be welcome additions to customers of these busy stations," said NJ Transit executive director James Weinstein. "As we look for ways to maximize the value of our property, we are also focused on improving the overall customer experience for our riders."

The Board also today approved a 5-year lease for a new coffee stand at Princeton Junction Station.

Hoboken Terminal and Princeton Junction Station are two of the state's busiest rail stations, according to the release, with Hoboken serving an average of over 50,000 people each weekday.

http://www.nj.com/hobokennow/index.s...o_hoboken.html

Forum Veteran

Whats the story on the Ferry Terminal Renovation? It seems none of the workers (no suprise) can give me an opening date?

I find that annoying as well. When you finally do get an announced date it's never accurate, so why not issue an early projection anyway?

Erie Lackawanna terminal's ferry slips have been under reconstruction for quite a while. I hope they renovated more than one ferry slip/dock.

There will be 4 working slips, to replace the 4 temporary slips being used today to the south of the building. (Those temporary slips have been in use for ~20 years). There was talk of housing a museum boat in one of the extra slips.

It should be open in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for the heads up.

I can't wait this is one of the most beautiful and finest examples of an intermodal transit hub in the Country and its coming back to be even better than it once was. I mean think about it the terminal connects NJT commuter rail, PATH subway, NJT lightrail, NJT bus, taxi, ferry, and now a waterfront walk/bike way!! It's just astounding how important, beautiful, and practical this place is. One of the best terminals/stations in North America IMO.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Question

JC do you have a link for the waterfront walkway?

Quote Originally Posted by JCMAN320 View Post
    I can't wait this is one of the most beautiful and finest examples of an intermodal transit hub in the Country and its coming back to be even better than it once was. I mean think about it the terminal connects NJT commuter rail, PATH subway, NJT lightrail, NJT bus, taxi, ferry, and now a waterfront walk/bike way!! It's just astounding how important, beautiful, and practical this place is. One of the best terminals/stations in North America IMO.
    Very well said. And I'd like to add, one of NJ's finest pieces of architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by stache View Post
    JC do you have a link for the waterfront walkway?
    Google "Long Slip pedestrian bridge". It opened a couple years ago.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Thank you Sid! I'm always looking for interesting new places to take a walk.

Forum Veteran

It has a New Car smell to it...

DSCN2358 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSCN2362 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSCN2361 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

Default Hoboken Ferry Terminal Repoens

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_lvw11tcwsS1qhuet4o1_500.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	14504

Ferry service returned to the historic Hoboken Ferry Terminal Wednesday for the first time since 1967.Known originally as the Erie Lackawanna Ferry Terminal, it opened in 1907 and operated for 60 years until few commuters used ferries to get to and from work between New Jersey and New York City.Passengers have been using a barge with a tent on it since ferry service resumed in 1989.As part of the $120 million renovation, commuters will pass through a waiting room that includes original Tiffany glass in the ceiling. The piers were rebuilt and ramps leading to the boats were made handicap-accessible.NY Waterway carries as many as 8,000 riders a day out of Hoboken.NJ Transit and PATH trains also operate out of the terminal.

via http://online.wsj.com/article/APbe46...4776aa7b9.html

Forum Veteran

Some pictures from yesterday i found the Terminal cold and uninviting it needs some shops and stores and more seating...

DSCN4819 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSCN4824 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSCN4826 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSCN4828 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSCN4829 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

DSCN4831 by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast