Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 701 Seventh Ave - new Marriott Edition hotel

At the simplest level, money. At a more complicated level, it's more about the sites one is able to acquire and the money that particular firm can produce to realize a project. I own land to build myself a house (feel free to talk to me about this some time - in no selfishly uncertain terms, I would love to gush about it), but I do not own the land for a skyscraper. Thanks to zoning (medium density residential) and my budget (next to nothing), I'll get a house out of the deal and not a skyscraper. If I owned a different lot in a different place and had a bunch more money, I'd have a tower. Such is life. Ideally, the value of building a tower would compel someone to purchase the property and build something larger, based on budget. Unfortunately, uncertainty always creates a pretty large range of performance, and it is not always the case that someone for the money with a super tall can extract a piece of land on which someone was already planning to construct a pedestrian sort of filler-tower.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

So you'll mortgage the land to finance the house?

Sadly, land is rarely worth the amount necessary to mortgage in advance of construction to be able to afford it. No. This is WAY off topic for this thread, but many lenders have started offering convertible construction loans for residences that require only a single closing. You put 20% down and get a draw schedule for your contractors, then when the CofO is issued, you begin making regular mortgage payments. It's a pretty neat product, actually.

I thought you wanted to gush a little.

I think I meant PM me, but rereading it is clear that is not what I wrote!

I'm teasing you (again).

my new next job

Quote Originally Posted by RoldanTTLB View Post
    I don't believe it's even replacing it. I think they're building it right up on top of/through the low rise. And yes, it IS completely covered in signs.
    Part of the building below the 9th floor is staying and being reinforced. All steel below 9th floor. All concrete structure above with window walls and terraces. The sign will look pretty much the same shape.

Quote Originally Posted by londonlawyer View Post
    These wangs could have come up with something better than this.
    youre pretty much a cocky ****. I would love to know what you do to criticize every building being built in NYC. I think almost every post I have seen you make has something negative to say about every project going on. You think every building should be yours and funds are unlimited. Get over it!

Go milk your cows in Harrisburg, dude.

Default Times Square’s Marriott EDITION Hotel Breaks Ground, Will Boast 76,000SF of Food Spac

Times Square’s Marriott EDITION Hotel Breaks Ground, Will Boast 76,000SF of Food Space
    By Ondel Hylton
    October 29, 2015
    http://www.6sqft.com/times-squares-marriott-edition-hotel-breaks-ground-will-boast-76000sf-of-food-space/

Earlier this week, the five-star Marriott EDITION hotel, slated to tower over Duffy Square, broke ground. The 39-story, 517-foot tall building is being developed by a partnership between the Witkoff Group, Howard Lorber’s New Valley LLC, Winthrop Realty Trust, and Maefield Development. Going by the invented address of 20 Times Square (701 Seventh Avenue), the 370,000-square-foot tower will be the first hotel to rise directly along the Square’s “bow-tie” area since Gary Barnett opened the W Times Square in 2000.

More info and images in the post here.

Quote Originally Posted by BStyles View Post
    Lfn?
    Must not have had permission to use NFL logo.

Oddly the NFL is going to occupy 2 full floors in this building.....and Hershey's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12