Thread: Employment opportunities: WNY community

Lightbulb Employment opportunities: WNY community

I am starting this thread for anyone on the Wired New York forums who is currently seeking employment: or has an employment opportunity to offer other Members of the WNY community.

To start things off I will provide my own listing: hopefully other members will post here also to get the word out on any type of employment opportunity.

I am currently seeking a part-time apprentice/helper for carpentry and painting: working exclusively in NYC residential
    Interiors. Pay starts at $11.00 per. hour: tools & training will be provided. Work is currently only on a part-time, as-needed basis.

Anyone interested can send me a PM message here in the Wired New York forum message center.

Thanks.

That's a fantastic idea, info. Thanks for the new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mariab View Post
    That's a fantastic idea, info. Thanks for the new thread.
    Thanks. I hope this can be useful to others as well. I am currently paying ad fees to monster.com & Craigslist.com for posting 'help wanted' opportunities : this is another - less costly - option.

If anyone knows of a good fit for this part time job: please PM me on the Wired New York message center.

Forum Veteran

My office (architecture firm) in Central Harlem is seeking a bookkeeper/office assistant hybrid. I have no idea what the pay is. Hours are generally 9:30 to 5:30. They're looking for someone who knows taxes and whatnot.

We are looking for a carpenter foreman/project manager capable of looking after multiple jobs in Manhattan. We will provide a van. Duties would include: visiting jobs on a daily basis, ordering and picking up materials, working with electrical, plumbing, tiling and other sub-contractors, finishing out punch lists etc.

Salary or hourly, both negotiable. On books. Actual carpentry experience a must.

If interested in the offer below, shoot me a message and I'll tell you where to forward your application.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Content Development Intern (Chelsea)

We're an online real estate business located in Chelsea looking for a content development intern. The internship will last 3-4 months, approximately 40 hours a week.

Qualified candidates should reply with a resume and cover letter.
    We will not read your resume without a cover letter.

Responsibilities:
    1. Aggregate and organize photo-related building content.
    2. Assemble an inventory of floor plans for residential properties.
    3. Execute audits of photos currently displayed on company website.
    4. Create and update a master document of completed / unfinished photo-related initiatives.

Qualifications:
    1. Prior experience working in an editorial or digital content setting
    2. Demonstrated proficiency using editing tools like Photoshop
    3. Strong eye for detail
    4. Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects

Big plus: Knowledge of New York City's residential real estate market, and an authentic interest in NYC buildings
    Compensation: Competitive hourly rate
    This is an internship job

I know this thread has sat dormant for a while but I thought I'd give it a shot. --

I'm a 4th year Architecture student at Pratt, just settled in an apartment in Brooklyn for the summer and looking for work. While I'm preferably looking for an architectural internship for the summer, I'm gladly looking at other options and jobs. If you have, or know someone looking to hire I'd truly appreciate it if you could pass my information along, or reach me directly by PM or email at: jerethsenese@gmail.com.

And I encourage everyone to have a look at my portfolio and website below, which shows a little bit of what I've been doing.

I've been reading and following these forums here for a long time, so I thought this would be a good place to reach out for this kind of thing.
    Thank you, and I really appreciate the time, not to mention the comments and opinions on this site.

-Jereth

Link to my website, which also has my resume, and a link to my portfolio.
    — Full Portfolio- http://issuu.com/jerethsenese/docs/c...194530/7570150
    — Personal Website- jerethsenese.com

Hey J whatta say - glad I spotted your post today. I am a former 'designer' turned 'builder' - specializing in residential interiors in Manhattan condo apartments. If you are interested in working as a 'helper' at one of my job sites that would be a great opportunity for both of us: you can earn and learn, and I can get a helper who is educated and interested in the field. Totally win-win IMHO. Please PM me if interested or email me at BUILD63@verizon.net

Hope to hear from you and bye for now.

Paul Peterson