View Poll Results: Given the opportunity, would you like to live in One57?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I love it

12 80.00%
  • No, it's too pushy.

3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Poll! Would you like to live in One57?

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Default Poll! Would you like to live in One57?

Given the opportunity, yes or no? (And why not?)

Sure since it's already there. The views, the amenities, the views, the room, the views... But not if it had a conventional floor layout, then I may as well live at 200 E 69th. And not if it turns into a co-op.

Edit: Plus I'd get to design the interior myself.

Then again, with my luck I'll end up next to the Opulence I has it guy with all kinds of crazy parties and mini giraffes wandering the halls.

I didn't think much of this tower at first but after seeing the PBS documentary, the building is fantastic. Yes.

I just watched the show as well this afternoon. It inspired me to do this poll. I couldn't figure out how to attach it to the main 157 thread -

The mini-giraffes could be cute. I've been run over in my hall by a thundering herd of Golden Retrievers, and that wasn't a problem.

Would I live in the building? As a yes or no only choice, damn yes. If was an oligarch, with $XX,000,000 to spend on an apartment, would I buy there. I'd certainly give it a looking over. But it would depend on the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by mariab View Post
    Then again, with my luck I'll end up next to the Opulence I has it guy with all kinds of crazy parties and mini giraffes wandering the halls.

If someone was giving me a free place to live, sure. But if I had that kind of money, I would not be buying there. There is just so much more appealing options on the market in my eyes.

^ A very reasoned response. Thank you from the pollmeister.

Although I don't mind the design, I think it's a huge intrusion on the skyline in that location and clashes with the beauties around it. I wouldn't buy there for that reason alone.

I agree with Pete, too. Much better choices elsewhere. And better value for money. I wouldn't spend that much for something without an outdoor area.

It's a crazy hypothetical, but even if I were given an apartment in the building, I'm not sure I would live there. After finding out I make less than one tenth the average salary for the building, the condo board would probably be working overtime to get me out.

Hell, after tips, the doorman would probably be making more money than me.

I would buy, but not move in....then sell as an investment.