Thread: Pier Village -- Long Branch

Forum Veteran

Default Pier Village -- Long Branch

Very out of place for the Jersey Shore , its like 5th Ave meets Seaside Heights meets Upper Roseville. I don't have any pictures of normal Long Branch which is on full display across the street....the development attempts to shield the world from everyday life of the residents of the area and fails.

Pier Village -- Long Branch,New Jersey by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

Yeah the main strip did a 180 compared to what it was right up through the early 2000s. but if it's a choice between this and what it used to be during its decline, I'll take this. If I find any old LB pics, and I think I will, I'll post. LB would have died if they hadn't turned it around, and NJ can't afford a dead shore town. Even though it's way more upscale than it used to be, I guess they felt they didn't need another Point Pleasant or Seaside.

Guess this must have been last weekend with that gorgeous weather. Excellent pics.

Edit:
    Btw Max's Hot Dogs is still there but it's on 36 a bit south of there.
    Last edited by mariab; April 15th, 2014 at 09:49 PM.

Near Long Branch. Transformation of the Monmouth Mall site in Eatontown. Same developer as Pier Village.

http://www.mattsandelands.com/#!Monm...f2fd311cddd477

Default Massive Expansion Planned for Pier Village

In addition to the new project, the town of Long Branch is investing $20 million in a new, additional performance space, esplanade, boardwalk revamp, carousel, and landscaping. This development will certainly give more of a legit downtown feel to the area.

From Jersey Digs:

More Resort-Style Residences and Retail Coming to Long Branch

By
    Gillian Blair -

October 17, 2017

Rendering courtesy Kushner Cos/Extell

Pier Village in Long Branch, New Jersey, is entering its third phase of development. Extell and Kushner Cos. have announced plans for 269 condo units called The Lofts at Pier Village, a boutique hotel, and 40,000 square feet of retail space, plus new retailers have signed on to the existing space.

Tamar Rothenberg, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Extell said, “This new phase of Pier Village will bring unmatched quality, resort-inspired living and urban sophistication to an already beloved destination on the Jersey Shore. This is a place where residents and visitors can come to spend time with friends and family while enjoying all of the beachfront activities and, of course, the ocean view.”

Beach House, an organic Mediterranean restaurant, and Luke’s Lobster are joining Pier Village as well as high-end retailers Lululemon and Havaianas. Les Canebiers, Sundaze, Booskerdoo Coffee and Baking Co., Coney Waffle, Playa Bowls, Fin Raw Bar & Kitchen, and Faustini Wines will also open at the property.

The Lofts at Pier Village, designed by Shore Point Architecture and the Childs Dreyfus Group, will offer concierge service, a country club-style lap pool with cabanas and towel service, an outdoor lounge with fire pits and grills, a children’s playroom, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a yoga studio.

“We’re thrilled to launch this next phase with unparalleled public amenities for the entire community alongside a boutique hotel and luxury residences,” said Nicole Kushner Meyer, Principal at Kushner. Construction is expected to begin this fall and the sales office for the condos at The Lofts at Pier Village will open this month.

Link:
    https://jerseydigs.com/kushner-extell-pier-village-long-branch-real-estate/

Additional rendering:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PVL Overview.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	18367  
    Last edited by West Hudson; October 17th, 2017 at 10:12 PM.