Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boulder Freaking Colorado

Default Boulder Freaking Colorado

Update - Here's a map of projects I'm "tracking." https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...I.kfHWlTThaAvk. I've number the photos below to reflect on the map. I will try to post photo updates with matching numbers.

---

Here it is, folks. The thread you have all been waiting for. It's the Boulder Construction Thread. I'm here, and I now have time on my hands, so I'll work to keep this thread updated. I'm starting with photos, but I'll have details to follow on all of the projects. Disclaimer, Boulder has what appears to be a strict 4 story limit on anything built by anyone not named The University of Colorado. Don't expect much altitude.

Anyway, if there is anything you know of happening out here that you'd like me to photograph, please don't hesitate to ask, and I will try to get to where it is and do so in a timely manner. I may start a Denver thread as well, but it's actually a pain to get down there, so I don't go too often.

And now...
    Full album (will be regularly updated): https://www.flickr.com/photos/779990...7645771414799/

Highlights:
    4.)

8.)

3.)

2.)

1.)

Last edited by RoldanTTLB; October 20th, 2014 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Added details

What this about Roldan: did you move to Boulder Colorado?

Indeed I have! I feel like we sorta discussed this in another thread, but that's ok. That thread had nothing to do with Boulder, while this thread will have everything to do with Boulder. Bonus pic for the day, here's a panorama from my building's roof deck:

Quote Originally Posted by RoldanTTLB View Post
    Indeed I have! I feel like we sorta discussed this in another thread, but that's ok.
    I don't recall: so I am surprised. I will be interested in seeing what you can share with us about Boulder: refreshing to see low building and wide open spaces. Enjoy that 'big sky' - I rarely get to see it......LOL

Oh, also, here's the album I'll be maintaining of just buildings I like. https://www.flickr.com/photos/779990...7645766185017/

I'll get a general album going sometime too and will link to it when I do.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Question Do I get to tease you about this?

Are you sure you didn't move to Jersey City?

You surely can! But the view from Jersey City would be wildly different (and my wife would be doing less mountain biking, I think).

Quote Originally Posted by RoldanTTLB View Post
    You surely can! But the view from Jersey City would be wildly different (and my wife would be doing less mountain biking, I think).
    Taking in any Buffs football games this fall?

I will have to see what their October schedule looks like, since I am back east for most of September. The college kids are starting to filter back into town and it's getting pretty crazy. Moving here in June did not prepare me for it.

Take two of these and call me in the morning -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pot.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	17974

If WNY is hosted in NYC and not here in Boulder, does that make this legal or not? Note, everyone out here drives like they are high. Holy Crap.

So I've been very neglectful with this thread. I'll spend some time this week sprucing it up. In the meantime, I hiked up the 1st/2nd Flatirons with my wife and some of her coworkers this morning:

Untitled

Default Wow!

VERY beautiful!

2.)

Untitled

9.)

Note, the city is building a new road and bridge over the creek that connects these two developments. Just for an idea of how much has changed, all of this was supposed to be one giant Lowe's a number of years back before falling through.

I can't believe I haven't updated this post in a year! I've since moved to Broomfield, but I should have time this week to bang out an update before I head back east for a while. And then, well then I get to start a Rochester thread. That'll be a much bigger blast than Boulder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast