Thread: Furnishing a 1-bed apartment

Default Furnishing a 1-bed apartment

Where's the best place to furnish a 1-bed apartment, and by 'furnishing' I mean the the whole lot, everything you'd need to survive - and of course at a reasonable price! I'm talking 'new' rather than 'second-hand'.

Any advice or suggestions would be welcomed.

I admit I have a problem

Cheapest, Ikea. If you don't want to DIY, Gothic Cabinet Craft is probably as cheap as Ikea + hiring someone.

Second-hand has its charms too.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

I'm just going to say this - Gothic customer service is EXTREMELY BAD.

When it comes to fitting out the windows with blinds, shades or curtains you can contact me directly: I do both sales & installation of window coverings. I am definitely the best "value" in town - but not necessarily the "lowest price" in town.

I use a facebook business page for social network marketing, you can find me here - http://www.facebook.com/pages/DB-int...82408442000683

Also, you can get lots of good ideas on how to dress a NYC window here on the thread about, guess what: NYC window blinds. - http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showth...+window+blinds

Many thanks for your comments, I've come across Bed Bath & Beyond which seems to provide many of the basics - incredible store, we left with a taxi-full of stuff!

Finished off by visiting CB2, have now got most stuff - it's not been for me but for my son who has moved into his new apartment on Hudson Street.

BB&B has beautiful stuff, but they're not cheap. In the future, just until you're flush, try the middle-of-the-road department stores. Target, KMart, etc. They ain't sexy, but you'll save money, and when you trade up, you can sell on ebay, craigslist or donate your used stuff.

Anyone want a black wall unit that has a central space for a TV, shelves and drawers plus a chest-of-drawers in the same dark wood - free, all you have to do is collect.