Page 234 of 379 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 5673

Thread: Jersey City Rising

Went to Mack Cali site and saw their renderings of their new Harborside project.....not sure exaxtly how they are developing it(it appears three towers now,in two or three stages)with the first one slated for groundbreaking late this year at a height of 69 stories(approximately 700 feet)with 766 apartments.Interesting in that the proposed apartment sizes will range from a quarter being 430 sq.ft.studios...59% one bedroom 650 or so square feet and 16%two bedroom,830square feet.I know they plan a ton of amenities and see the towers as part of a living community but is that a bit cramped?Guess though with the cost of Manhattan apartments,ANYTHING fairly decent quality will get snatched as a rental option in the downtown waterfront area,particularly with the views across towards Manhattan.Some think the towers look odd but in the skyline rendition they sure would make Jersey City pop a little....really does look like the modified Koolhaus approach suggested earlier.The most unique and impressive buildings so far on our waterfront...hope others continue to look to stand out more and give our side of the Hudson some style!

Any renderings of Harborside available online?

Only so far I saw on the links to Mack Cali.Looks very impressive in the skyline,if odd due to the 11 First Rem Koolhaus staggered influence.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmac47 View Post
    Those will be huge in comparison to the 300 sqft studios Bloomberg wants built.
    I actually think Bloomberg starts at 275 square feet. It's kind of cramped but I bet the prices will look sane compared to Manhattan. Just think they are a bit small.

Yep,the Journal Squared proposal.I don't want to hear about them....I want to see them done.We've heard about developmentment in the Journal Square area for years now.I thought the city was giving the developers of the main two tower project six months or the city was going to find new developers to expedite development.Another 42 story tower on Summit Avenue..and this three tower project by HWKN/Kushner.Enough time for talk.....let's get something developed down there!And for good measure replace that god awful New Jersey Transit piece of shit with a world class tower/transit center.Hey,one can dream!
    Last edited by citybooster; August 8th, 2012 at 10:18 PM.

That project will probably only start construction only if MEPT doesn't start first. And even so, I'm sure that won't break ground until at least Spring 2014 (even though the developer claims to be aiming for late 2013 right now).

They are totally separate projects,though I do hope for once a groundbreaking claimed for late 2013 actually means late 2013.With the price of apartments in New York,rental projects like these could offer a much more reasonable alternative.The article basically formulates that once actual development starts,there could be a slew of high rise construction in that area designated for high rises.Of course there are the namby pamby "Oh it's too big for the neighborhood "types but the area is in need of a major overhaul,and it's not going to mean a high rise ALL over the area.

These look way too big to be official Silver Dollar Pancakes.

And the scoop of butter makes it look like a Pancake Sundae. Kind of disgusting.

I like me pancakes thin. With a little butter. And a splash of good (real) maple syrup.

But not in August.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    These look way too big to be official Silver Dollar Pancakes.

And the scoop of butter makes it look like a Pancake Sundae. Kind of disgusting.

I like me pancakes thin. With a little butter. And a splash of good (real) maple syrup.

But not in August.
    Hehe , I hate syrup....unless its strawberry. There Pancakes are huge and i never finish them....nor anything there. I always take it home.... My mom makes Silver Dollar pancakes thin....these were thick but rich and good.

My brother looked on the Mack Cali site and saw that the planning phases are three...there will be three buildings overall,not four and the buildings look a little taller with more apartments to cover the difference.
    69 stories for the first one,and a street between the projects leading to the light rail.Wish that there would be more info overall though it looks like the most ambitious, largest residential project we've seen so far.

Forum Veteran

What happened to the Jersey Avenue Extension to Liberty State Park?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
    What happened to the Jersey Avenue Extension to Liberty State Park?
    City submitted an application for a USDOT TIGER grant last year to match local funds for the extension. The application was not successful. I'm not sure what Plan B is (or if there is a Plan B at this point).

Default JC Construction Update

These pics are actually from August 5th, and I've been meaning to post them since but have been really lazy lol. Anyway, here are a few updates on major projects:

340 Third Street (with three more levels to go, this should be much taller than its 4-story neighbor; notice how the first floor is almost as tall as the two-story building on the left in the second picture):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0908.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	16144Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0912.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	16146

18Park(first wall going up - Ironstate doesn't waste time once they start going!):

Name:	DSCF0902.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	16145

The Madox (facade almost complete):

Name:	DSCF0901.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	16148Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0899.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	16147

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Looks nice, like a 1920's building.