Page 317 of 379 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 5684

Thread: Jersey City Rising

99 Hudson? Anybody?

I'd love to know, myself. Last I heard it was approved at the Planning Board meeting with conditions. It will be 79 stories and at least 900 ft. Will see an increase in square footage from around a million to nearly 1.4 million square feet, which will make 99 Hudson promising and imposing looking across from Lower Manhattan. No other news that's concrete and I don't understand why...also where is everyone else who usually posts here?

Seems like ever since that debate about JC vs Newark population, the activity on this thread has dropped. I keep checking SSC and SSP for any updates on 99 Hudson. Nothing yet.

Thumbs up Two 25 Story Towers Proposed for Baldwin Ave in JSQ

I haven't found any renderings but this could really be a transformative project that will boost Journal Square into the Midtown that it was originally planned to be. Hopefully they plan on breaking ground soon and spread vertical architecture a few blocks away from the center of the Square, where most of this has been concentrated. These two towers would be accompanied by two 7-story midrise buildings, according to the Planning Board agenda for next Tues; it appears that they would replace one or more warehouse buildings currently occupying the site.

Link to Planning Board Agenda (see items 12 & 13): http://cityofjerseycity.com/uploaded...0June23agn.pdf

Forum Veteran

New NJ Route 7 Whitpenn Bridge over the Hackensack River between Jersey City & Kearny,NJ

New Whitpenn Bridge over the Hackensack River in Jersey City,NJ
    by Corey Best, on Flickr

Nice find, West Hudson! Where exactly I this? Seems really bold and though at 25 stories each the main towers won't have the height of the two main Journal Square projects(of which currently only the first of three towers of Journal Squared is under construction) but they will be prominent in the neighborhood for certain and it's nice to have the smaller couple of 7 story towers to lend contrast and variety.

Thanks Nexis... great pic! How long will it take to reopen?

Forum Veteran

2021 , Construction began in 2009....typical NJ corruption...

Wow, 2021... I was figuring by 2017 the latest. It's inexcusable the lack of public accountability no matter what administration or party is in charge.

I wish this site had more activity...I go by Jersey List and there's complaints everywhere when a new project comes up. Here we're almost always excited and positive, critical when need be but welcoming to most development. But we need more posting more frequently though I'm glad for the latest burst, especially with the fantastic development on Baldwin Avenue! If I were on Jersey City List or Wired, NJ lol would hear almost nothing but complaints or insults directed at "yuppies"... wish I had an excuse to come here more. No doubt the best update site for Jersey City development!

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
    Wow, 2021... I was figuring by 2017 the latest. It's inexcusable the lack of public accountability no matter what administration or party is in charge.

I wish this site had more activity...I go by Jersey List and there's complaints everywhere when a new project comes up. Here we're almost always excited and positive, critical when need be but welcoming to most development. But we need more posting more frequently though I'm glad for the latest burst, especially with the fantastic development on Baldwin Avenue! If I were on Jersey City List or Wired, NJ lol would hear almost nothing but complaints or insults directed at "yuppies"... wish I had an excuse to come here more. No doubt the best update site for Jersey City development!
    Some of those complaints are legit... JC List is just a reflection of the residents.... Its balanced enough for me... I think JC vs Newark bashing have killed this forum...although you don't see that on JClist... I have proposed an overhaul to NYC section on SSC... Hopefully that will spark more discussion on that site... Its messy layout is the reason why a lot of people don't sign up or post often.. WNY seems to have other issues...

New Jersey would replace the naked in NY sub forum & CT/Suburban forum would replace WTC...

New Jersey

Sticky #1 , Newark Development News & Photos
    Sticky #2 , New Jersey Gold Coast Development New & Photos
    Sticky #3 , New Brunswick Development News & Photos
    Sticky #4 , Paterson - Hackensack Development News & Photos
    Sticky #5 , South Jersey & Jersey Shore Development News & Photos
    Sticky #6 , New Jersey Transit News & Photos
    Sticky #7 , Visitors , Tourist , Relocation Questions

A Connecticut & Suburban/hudson Valley NY Sub forum should be created & follow the same format as the New Jersey Sub forum...,some of the threads should be moved from the Northeast section

Sticky #1 , White Plains-Stamford-Norwalk Development News & Photos
    Sticky #2 , Bridgeport-New Haven Development News & Photos
    Sticky #3 , Hudson Valley & Westchester Development News & Photos
    Sticky #4 , Long Island Development News & Photos
    Sticky #5 , Hartford/Knowledge Corridor Development News & Photos
    Sticky #6 , Eastern Connecticut Development News & Photos
    Sticky #7 , Long Island Railroad & Metro North News & Photos
    Sticky #8 , Visitors , Tourist , Relocation Questions

New York City should reorganized like this...

Sticky #1 , Manhattan Developments - News & Photos
    Sticky #2 , Brooklyn - News & Photos
    Sticky #3 ,Queens Developments - News & Photos
    Sticky #4, The Bronx Developments - News & Photos
    Sticky #5 ,Staten Island Developments - News & Photos
    Sticky #6 , Subway , PATH , Bus News & Photos
    Sticky #7 , Visitors , Tourist , Relocation Questions
    Sticky# 8 , Manhattan Photos
    Sticky #9 , Outer borough Photography
    Individual threads would be linked back to World thread like SSP...

Maybe it just seems it but I see JC List as more skewed to anti development, though it's true some criticisms are valid regarding developments and/or city policy on developments. This forum here is much more geared to a pro development agenda though certainly includes critical posts as well. There certainly are legitimate criticisms on here as well. I really hope the Jersey City/ Newark squabble is not going to permanently damage this forum.. it's bad form for Newark boosters to come in and rip on Jersey City as it would be for anyone from Jersey City or any neighboring town to bash on Newark. The topic of the forum is "Jersey City Rising" not only vertically with towers... but of culture, restaurants, events that trumpet a revived Jersey City for the 21st century from our dying industrial past. It should remain Jersey City focused.. Newark boosters have every right to promote their city, but bashing Jersey City or picking fights with the perspectives of those who post about Jersey City just doesn't belong here and I'm sad it's come to this. Of course, it would help if those offending posters just are ignored and don't get their bait taken.

I'm glad you've come back in and I look forward as always to your development updates, Nexis. Really crappy though with this ridiculous bridge boondoggle.

As for SSC, I like the idea of updating the forum that you propose to more specific local interests... sometimes things get too broadly spread out and it gets kind of unwieldy. Your plan for SSC sounds like a better way to more readily access projects by locality/region plus it gives each area served a more local, distinctive spotlight. I hope something like you propose does get adopted at SSC.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
    Maybe it just seems it but I see JC List as more skewed to anti development, though it's true some criticisms are valid regarding developments and/or city policy on developments. This forum here is much more geared to a pro development agenda though certainly includes critical posts as well. There certainly are legitimate criticisms on here as well. I really hope the Jersey City/ Newark squabble is not going to permanently damage this forum.. it's bad form for Newark boosters to come in and rip on Jersey City as it would be for anyone from Jersey City or any neighboring town to bash on Newark. The topic of the forum is "Jersey City Rising" not only vertically with towers... but of culture, restaurants, events that trumpet a revived Jersey City for the 21st century from our dying industrial past. It should remain Jersey City focused.. Newark boosters have every right to promote their city, but bashing Jersey City or picking fights with the perspectives of those who post about Jersey City just doesn't belong here and I'm sad it's come to this. Of course, it would help if those offending posters just are ignored and don't get their bait taken.

I'm glad you've come back in and I look forward as always to your development updates, Nexis. Really crappy though with this ridiculous bridge boondoggle.

As for SSC, I like the idea of updating the forum that you propose to more specific local interests... sometimes things get too broadly spread out and it gets kind of unwieldy. Your plan for SSC sounds like a better way to more readily access projects by locality/region plus it gives each area served a more local, distinctive spotlight. I hope something like you propose does get adopted at SSC.
    I don't plan on doing any updates for JC till the Fall... Just Downtown Newark/Harrison/Ironbound & New Brunswick-Woodland Park-Edison in July or August. I was going to let a few projects break ground and build up. Ive been told the reason a lot of people don't join SSC is due to its mess so I propose that overhaul plan which will hopefully drawn in a lot of people from City Data , SSP , WNY , Reddit & many other sites to contribute. Of course it will spread to other parts of the site...

As someone who participated and didn't mean to, but started the last debate I would like to apologize and take full responsibility for what happened a couple of weeks ago. I never meant for a debate to start just was trying to spread positive news about both cities and show that after so many years and constant belittlement of both cities by people in the suburbs it was great to see them (JC and Newark) defying the odds and growing.

I got a little to defensive because I wanted to know where the study came from that was showing a different sign of what is truly going on in Newark. Ive been believing Newark was finally redeveloping and seeing it first hand beut if something was actually going on behind the scenes that showed a different picture I really wanted to know. I realize now I didn't convey it properly in this forum back then, and that led to a misunderstanding that started a debate that has led to this current situation. I never wanted that as a forum that promotes development is very much needed in a state that is extremely hostile to its urban centers. I apologize again for what happened and hopefully this forum can be as vibrant as it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynor Diaz View Post
    I got a little to defensive because I wanted to know where the study came from that was showing a different sign of what is truly going on in Newark. Ive been believing Newark was finally redeveloping and seeing it first hand beut if something was actually going on behind the scenes that showed a different picture I really wanted to know. I realize now I didn't convey it properly in this forum back then, and that led to a misunderstanding that started a debate that has led to this current situation. I never wanted that as a forum that promotes development is very much needed in a state that is extremely hostile to its urban centers. I apologize again for what happened and hopefully this forum can be as vibrant as it once was.
    I don't think you should have to apologize for asking for sources for claims of a factual nature. As it turned out, you were right that the claims were false. You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. This is a forum for information and news about our metro region's great cities. We come here to learn, so nobody should be taking it personally if you are asking for sources or want to know more.

It's when people start letting things get personal and injecting their opinions into every piece of news about JC/Newark/wherever that things get ugly on this forum. There had been a simmering flame war on this board for a long time before you joined, Jaynor, and it was because people were attacking JC or attacking Newark based on opinions, and taking the attacks personally. Nobody's self-worth or ego should be tied up in whether Newark is the greatest city on Earth or JC is the greatest city on Earth or whatever. All that bickering makes for tedious reading.

As I said before, I don't have anything personal against JCMan, and I don't have any dog in Newark vs Jersey City flamewars (if anything, I am more pro-Hudson County since I was born in Bayonne). I appreciate how he used to contribute to this forum by posting interesting news, and I hope he comes back. Few people did as much as he did to gather news about development in Jersey City. I hope we can all exhibit more self-control and civility and make this forum about news & development again, not putting down or boosting cities.
    Last edited by Hamilton; June 22nd, 2015 at 05:56 PM.

I agree... we should strongly be supportive of both cities growth and development without sniping against the other. Let's concentrate here though on projects Jersey City oriented, and therefore keep it to the topic at hand of this thread.