Page 325 of 377 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 5647

Thread: Jersey City Rising

I think the average unit will be 600-800 square feet, not quite "micro" in the most literal sense but smaller than the usual offerings and probably most geared towards young professionals... not affordable housing by any stretch but compared to other developments probably more reasonably priced. I don't want however to overemphasize transitory housing from struggling professional to future luxury high end rental or condo owner. I would hope the other two also are built with an eye on keeping its residents rooted in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
    I think the average unit will be 600-800 square feet, not quite "micro" in the most literal sense but smaller than the usual offerings and probably most geared towards young professionals... not affordable housing by any stretch but compared to other developments probably more reasonably priced. I don't want however to overemphasize transitory housing from struggling professional to future luxury high end rental or condo owner. I would hope the other two also are built with an eye on keeping its residents rooted in the community.
    I think that that "middle ground" type of unit is exactly what URL is going to contain. I think the units are going to be priced several hundred $$ below the market rate (which is still many hundreds of $$ above affordable housing) by making the units much smaller than what has been built in other buildings, and maybe including baseline appliances/finishes instead of the high-end stuff. Middle class housing instead of the upper middle class housing they have been building in all of the other new buildings (Mack Cali has been using the term "workforce housing" to describe the URL tower).

Quote Originally Posted by Newarkguy View Post
    ALEXANDER HAMILTON WAS PROVEN RIGHT.

" One day a great city will rise along the west bank of the Hudson River"
    BUT WAIT...HE SAID MORE.....
    "And it will be called the city of Jersey."
    Could Newark be JC'S future Brooklyn?
    I say either consolidate into a Greater Newark Jersey City, or consolidate Newark& Oranges,Bayonne,All Hudson county and Elizabet,Union,Hillside as a Greater New Jersey City.
    1. BORO OF HUDSON. ( HUDSON COUNTY)
    2. BORO OF NEWARK ( ESSEX CO.)
    3. BORO OF ELIZABETH ( UNION CO.)

* "Greater City of New Jersey" ( NEW JERSEY CITY)
    I strongly believe that in time, JC, Hoboken, Union City, West New York, Weehawken, Guttenberg and North Bergen should consolidate into 1 city. Phase out the police departments and the other various "hometown" departments.

Ultimately, I believe Jersey's principal city centers should all do this. Geographic dominance is what makes a city.

Cool 99 Hudson Parking Lot Permanently Closed

So for all the hand wringing over if China Construction was land banking or not should be put to rest with this information. Today on my way to work I noticed that 99 Hudson parking lot has been vacated with the exception of a few contractor vehicles and workers. Also large signs are on all the entrance gates that read "DANGER..Parking Lot Closed For Future Development". Looks like the tallest building in the State and the tallest all residential building in the US outside of Manhattan is getting ready to break ground.

99 Hudson had their building permits approved on August 12, 2015 for footing and foundation work. It's status is open.

Alexander Hamilton was indeed right that a great city would rise on the West Bank of the Hudson; the greatest City in New Jersey!
    Last edited by JCMAN320; September 30th, 2015 at 01:56 PM.

Default Jersey City September 25th

^^^That is huge news about 99 Hudson Street! They missed the summer by a week, but at last they are finally starting! The signs were not out on Friday.

The following images and more are posted on my blog, http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot.com/?view=sidebar

Journal Squared

Grove Street/Newark Avenue

532 Jersey Ave

Jersey Ave and Wayne Street

265-271 York Street

28 Bright Street

26? Bright Street garage demolition

Boys and Girls Club project, untouched

Unused Light Rail

33 Park Place

55 Hudson Street Site (95 Story Supertall)

99 Hudson Street, as of Friday (76 story, 900 foot tower)

30 Montgomery Street

URL Harborside (Topped out at 713 feet!) and Trump Plaza II

Modera Lofts

M2/Marbella II

110 First Street's whacky ad

Why the hell would you create an advertisement for your building that does not show your building in the skyline?!

Pep Boys Development

143 Second Street

The Oakman

Provost Square I (The Morgan)

Site of second Provost Square/The Morgan tower

Based on the landscaping, I was half expecting them to sit on it for a couple years, but it turns out the second tower will be built soon and larger!

70-90 Columbus

Great news about 99 Hudson being close to groundbreaking, JCMAN! It just didn't make sense with it's location and views(of course once you get over the Colgate building rooftop level midrise across the street) that they would suddenly put the tower in mothballs for a good while and thankfully now we are seeing signs of imminent groundbreaking. I still would like to know once construction begins if they will retain the slight downsizing to 76 stories, 900 ft. or push it back up a bit. Can't wait too when the other undeveloped lot on that side of Hudson Street, 55 Hudson, goes before the planning board in the near future for approval which according to plans already has been lotted and preliminary plans are for a 95 story tower in excess of 1,000 ft.... our first supertall! Is there any consideration about the lot right next to the GS tower which is allotted for 781,000 square feet? I know I did see that allotment to the property but no word on potential size.... they can go tall and keep it mainly residential with a hotel element, sizable retail amenities as well.. THAT is the perfect location for a residential ... overlooking the Hudson with the lower Manhattan skyline in fully unobstructed view.

90 Columbus will have more apartments and be bigger and larger, Towerpower? How many altogether and how high do they want to go here? Glad to hear it's going to likely break ground fairly soon... and GREAT pics as always!

Lightbulb 99 Hudson Lot Closed (Evidence)

Great photos as always Tower. I'm really excited to see the Powerhouse Art District come alive and I must say I've used CitiBike atleast 5 times in the last week and it is definitely a game changer and a welcomed addition to Jersey City's extensive mass transit system.

Here is the picture I snapped of 99 Hudson yesterday Tuesday 9/29/2015.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JCMAN320; September 30th, 2015 at 12:58 PM.

^^^ Great news! I cross posted your photo to SkyscraperCity.

Quote Originally Posted by towerpower123 View Post
    ^^^ Great news! I cross posted your photo to SkyscraperCity.
    Awesome! Thank you!

Seeing this building rise from that parking lot will be something to be hold and where my job is I'll have a front row seat .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	99-Hudson-Street-2.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	18193  
    Last edited by JCMAN320; October 1st, 2015 at 01:10 PM.

^Does anyone know if the units will still be condos? Or are they going rental like all the other developments?

Does anyone know when 99 Hudson will be ground breaking?

Quote Originally Posted by West Hudson View Post
    ^Does anyone know if the units will still be condos? Or are they going rental like all the other developments?
    I haven't heard any change from condo to rental. There a handful of condo properties under construction in JC right now.

Citybooster I would think they would try and break ground before Winter.

Quote Originally Posted by JCMAN320 View Post
    I haven't heard any change from condo to rental. There a handful of condo properties under construction in JC right now.

Citybooster I would think they would try and break ground before Winter.
    That includes 213-215 Bay Street & Gull's Cove II, right? Any news on GCII? I thought they were going to open a sales office in mid Sept but it looks like that didn't happen.

^Yes and also the Butler Bros Building is condos I believe as well.

KW Citylife office on Grove Street is doing a marketing at their real estate office for Gulls Cove II.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gulls Cove II KW.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	18194  
    Last edited by JCMAN320; October 5th, 2015 at 05:36 PM.

It's about time they build there! That huge concrete pad is begging for development and about a 16 story tower will be a good use for it. Combined with a couple others (Boys/Girls Club site, 33 Park, another Liberty Harbor building on Tidewater Street, and that development south of the sports fields) and this will finally feel like a complete neighborhood rather then scattered buildings.