Page 359 of 364 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 5447

Thread: Jersey City Rising

Default J2 Phase 2 & 235 Grand

^That's good news...at least a positive sign. Figure it will take them at least 6-8 months to do the demo & environmental cleanup though..

Speaking of which, piling for the tower at 235 Grand started on Monday, so it looks like that one is a go.

Nothing yet at 321 Warren Street (site between Modera Lofts & 50 Columbus), but I think that might be the next to break ground downtown.

And I don't know if it was ever mentioned on here, but Hamilton House Phase II broke ground back around April...that's across from Mary Benson Park between 9th & 10th streets. I'm not sure how many units it will have but the first phase had 76.

anybody know how leasing/buying are going at Journal Squared/Urby or any other completed development? Good/bad/average?

I've heard very strong leasing in both

^I've heard that they've been able to lease up units quickly with extraordinary discounts. Nothing magic there...just snagging renters from other buildings by offering them brand-new construction for the same or lower rents.

(btw - if you want to see where rents really are, look at rental listings posted by people renting out their condos...)

The Art House building at the site of Journal Squared Phase II is coming down

Default More Demo Pictures of Journal Squared Phase 2 Site

how many floors is 99 Hudson up to?

I just saw a pic on SkyscraperCity. It shows a photo dated today. The June 15 photos appear to show about 6 floors underway. Today's pic looks like 7 (maybe 8 is now going up?). Is this slow progress or am I just not seeing this correctly?

Default Condo vs. Rental

Quote Originally Posted by coralridge View Post
    I just saw a pic on SkyscraperCity. It shows a photo dated today. The June 15 photos appear to show about 6 floors underway. Today's pic looks like 7 (maybe 8 is now going up?). Is this slow progress or am I just not seeing this correctly?
    That's slow progress. And it's because it's a condo building. If you look at 90 Columbus, which is a rental building, that building started foundation work 6 months after 99 Hudson and is already topped off at 50 stories. The other condo buildings (10 Provost and Park + Shore) are all dragging along as well, and I'm pretty sure it's because of hesitation about the condo market. 75 Park Lane South (part of Park + Shore) is going to be 37 stories - much shorter than 90 Columbus (again, a rental building) - but will have taken three years to build, 50% longer than 90 Columbus (despite having the same type of foundation system and same type of superstructure). I think 99 Hudson will have taken 4 years to build, while Urby, which required a similar type of foundation system and superstructure, took 3 years. I really think it's because the developers want to drag out the pre-construction sales period as much as they can without getting buyers upset.

btw - still no tower crane at 75 Park Lane, even though it's been U/C for about a year.
    Last edited by West Hudson; July 29th, 2017 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
    Thanks towerpower for that really in depth pictorial update, hadn't had one here in awhile and we have some really great projects under way that your latest tour of JC development shows. Always look forward to them!

Interesting project going on by the Square, JCMAN... would have preferred rooms closer to 400-450 sq ft, but these micro apartments look well though out and cleverly and creatively furnished to do more with less and it serves an important niche in the market. Try to get an apartment like that in Manhattan, even that small, at market rate... lol not happening so a good move here in Jersey City to serve the young professional market for the New York City area.

JCMAN... I know you're from the West Side Avenue area(as am I currently) and the West Side/440 area is set for a big push topped off this fall for developers for the massive Bay Front site to be chosen. Already you see significant work on West Side Avenue with a five story apartment building where Mac's Videos once stood(the next door lot can probably support a similar sized development) and one side of the NJCU/West Side development through Stegman has a massive four or five story building in progress that wraps around one whole half of the block already. Any more info on what else is next and what do you think of the West Side additions? The Greenville/ West Side area hasn't really been talked about much at all compared to downtown/ waterfront and the Journal Square area but the more development spreads throughout the city away from the more glamorous, publicized areas, the better!
    Sorry for the delay City been away for vacation and work in real estate here in JC never stops. Yeah the West Campus is moving full steam ahead and marking a really exciting chapter in development for West Side of Jersey City. This City is seeing development throughout literally every neighborhood and that is something the City should be very proud of.

-The first market rate residential building is topped out and now joins the new dorms on the West Campus. The second one across Stegman Pkwy should start construction soon after this one is completed.

-The 5 story building on former Mac Video site is moving along nicely.

-There is a new apartment building on Claremont Avenue across from the JCBOE and around the corner from the West Side Avenue light rail station that is just about finished.

-The warehouse at 151 West Side Avenue next to Metro Field that is slated to be converted into 119 units got approved for interior demo permits in June and I've noticed a bit more activity around the building.
    https://jerseydigs.com/jersey-city-d...enue-proposed/

-The 63 unit building at Bennett Street near Route 440 is under construction and beginning construction on the 2nd floor.
    https://jerseydigs.com/jersey-city-r...-construction/

-Around the corner from the Bennett Street project, environmental remediation work has begun on the former site of a trucking depot. I am not sure what the plans are yet but it is a large site that stretches from Culver Avenue to Clarke Ave. along Water Street.

-Plans have been submitted for a 4 story tall 16 unit apartment building to be built on a parking lot on Danforth Avenue near the intersection of West Side Avenue.
    https://jerseydigs.com/jersey-city-d...enue-proposal/

-4 of the 6 townhomes on Culver and Fisk Avenues have been completed.

-68 Unit project at 1542-1558 Kennedy Blvd. is under construction with foundation work taking place.
    https://jerseydigs.com/jersey-city-d...vard-proposal/

That's basically whats going on right now. I'm hoping those two parking lots at Pollock and West Side an the last lot at Culver and Westside go the way of the dinosaur soon to really complete the street wall on that end.

West Hudson in regards to 99 Hudson they are going slow but I'm hopeful once they top out the garage portion, the project really flies considering the tower portion is very slender. They put up banners around the construction fence showing the latest renderings.

Thank you as always for your updates, JCMAN... so glad Greenville and the West Side is now starting to get in on development as it spreads city wide!

There is a project on Culver Avenue too(lots 181-191 Culver) that originally were going to get several three story identical homes where the developer has re-applied for studies to determine if instead it should allotted as a single mid rise development that got preliminary okay at the Planning Board a few weeks back.. this one too bares watching and could be a very interesting development if it winds up in the 12-18 story zone.

Thank you as always for your updates, JCMAN... so glad Greenville and the West Side is now starting to get in on development as it spreads city wide!

There is a project on Culver Avenue too(lots 181-191 Culver) that originally were going to get several three story identical homes where the developer has re-applied for studies to determine if instead it should allotted as a single mid rise development that got preliminary okay at the Planning Board a few weeks back.. this one too bares watching and could be a very interesting development if it winds up in the 12-18 story zone.
    Yeah I think I know the lot your talking about. It's across Culver Ave. from the warehouse to residential conversion right? Yeah I saw the preliminary plans and it may end up being a larger building which will be great. The redevelopment plan for that area may be changed to accommodate that proposal. Currently that lot is a doughnut hole in the plan. It should just take a simple amendment to include it and get that project going.

Yes, that's the one! Hopefully this happens pretty soon.

Yes, that's the one! Hopefully this happens pretty soon.
    Yeah so do I. Oh I also forgot to mention that there is a new 5 acre linear park in the works next to Country Village. It will be a segment of the Morris Canal Greenway which already has a few sections built most notably as part of Berry Lane Park.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...y_village.html
    https://sites.google.com/site/morriscanalworkinggroup/

Thumbs up Massive Towers Proposed Next to Holland Tunnel Toll Plaza

According to the August 15th Planning Board meeting agenda, two massive towers are being proposed between the entrance and exit lanes of the Holland Tunnel. Looks like these would go one block east of the Home Depot, where a freight truck storage lot and an old industrial building currently sit. This is a big project:

27. Case: P17-025 Preliminary and Final Major Site Plan
    Applicant: The Fourteen Florence Street Corp
    Review Planner: Matt Ward
    Attorney: Charles Harrington
    Address: 560 & 580 Marin Blvd and 130-150 12th Street
    Block: 8901 Lot: 1 and 2
    Block: 7201 Lot: 1
    Zone: Newport Redevelopment Plan
    Description: Proposed construction of two mixed-use high-rise towers (57 and 59 stories) with a total of 750 dwelling units, 240,000 square feet of non-residential uses, 1,098 off-street parking spaces, road widening of Marin Boulevard and other right-of-way improvements.