Page 367 of 367 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367
Results 5,491 to 5,499 of 5499

Thread: Jersey City Rising

Thumbs up 331 Marin Site Prep Begins

Demo has started at the site of Silverman Building's upcoming tower by the Grove Street PATH station:

The three-story building below is about to get torn down:

Here's what the new tower will look like:

View from roughly the same angle as the first two demo pics above:

Last edited by West Hudson; June 16th, 2018 at 05:49 PM.

I am a student of urban mass transit. Does anyone know the following:

Grove St. PATH station, I believe, currently has 3 entrances/exits: a "gazebo"-looking structure in the pedestrian plaza, , a round, ugly entrance at Marin (which apparently replaced an entrance that was the same as those still at Hoboken), and an entrance across from the "gazebo" with escalator and enclosed in a "glass bubble". Was this "glass bubble" part of the original station? If so, did it replace one of the ancient kiosks still at Hoboken (and formerly at Marin)?

Quote Originally Posted by coralridge View Post
    I am a student of urban mass transit. Does anyone know the following:

Grove St. PATH station, I believe, currently has 3 entrances/exits: a "gazebo"-looking structure in the pedestrian plaza, , a round, ugly entrance at Marin (which apparently replaced an entrance that was the same as those still at Hoboken), and an entrance across from the "gazebo" with escalator and enclosed in a "glass bubble". Was this "glass bubble" part of the original station? If so, did it replace one of the ancient kiosks still at Hoboken (and formerly at Marin)?
    The original station entrance was actually in the middle of the of Columbus Dr., (at the time known as Railroad Ave.) at the intersection with Grove St. under the elevated Pennsylvania Railroad tracks. The entrance at Marin Blvd. (then Henderson St.) was like the entrances at Hoboken Terminal. it was later closed but reopened at that circular round house. The entrance gazebo and and glass bubble are modern entrances I believe.

I know that J2 is not happening but what about all of the other high-rise projects that have been proposed over past few years for Jpurnal Square area? any of them happening?

I know that J2 is not happening but what about all of the other high-rise projects that have been proposed over past few years for Jpurnal Square area? any of them happening?
    J2 is under construction now.
    1JSQ is the one embroiled in litigation and not moving forward anytime soon.

87 Newkirk is under construction now

with all the plans and false starts, I've lost count. Is J2 the project Jared Kushner was involved in? If so, I thought that was still on hold. If not, which project is this? How many stories tall? How far has construction gotten and are they still working or has there been work stoppage? thx

with all the plans and false starts, I've lost count. Is J2 the project Jared Kushner was involved in? If so, I thought that was still on hold. If not, which project is this? How many stories tall? How far has construction gotten and are they still working or has there been work stoppage? thx
    No. J2 (Journal Squared) is the three-tower complex on the corner of Pavonia and Summit. The first tower stands (54 stories), second tower (72 stories) is now under construction. Well, tons of earth work is happening on the site every day, but nothing rising out of the ground yet. The developer of this project is Kushner Real Estate (KRE), headed by Murray Kushner and his son Jonathan Kushner.

1 JSQ is the approved (for now) two-tower complex on Bergen/Sip Aves. This one was to be developed by Kushner Companies and KABR. Kushner Cos. is headed by Charlie Kushner and until 2017 his son, Jared Kushner. Charlie and Murray (KRE) are estranged brothers, and Jonathan and Jared are cousins. This project is stalled and has made tons of news over the past year, including over the EB-5 visa controversy, project changes and loss of state and city incentives, and most recently, Kushner Cos' lawsuit against the city and JCRA, alleging bias. Kushner Cos. and KABR also own the former Jersey Journal building with approved plans to build a 72-story building behind it. Given the issues with 1 JSQ, I doubt that project moves forward anytime soon.

It's easy to confuse Journal Squared and 1 JSQ because of their similar names and similar names of the developers, but the two branches of the Kushner family hate each other and the Journal Square neighborhood is the front line of their family feud.

The Hudson County Courthouse was supposed to move toward 139. Is anything happening with that?

Quote Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
    The Hudson County Courthouse was supposed to move toward 139. Is anything happening with that?
    Last I heard (quite a few months ago now), the county was still working on acquiring the properties needed.