Page 376 of 377 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377 LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 5646

Thread: Jersey City Rising

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
    What the fudge are you even talking about? And no, greed is not good, either.
    you mean you didn't know? This website was abandoned several years ago following extensive infighting. Everyone went their separate ways but they kept the lights on. The only activity is by a handful of New Jersey contributors, most threads have no posts in many years

Ah... I've checked up on your previous posts and you're right... almost a ghost town compared to the bustling metropolis a decade or so back. But yet I'm still going to hang around, you never know who or what you can run into these days.
    Last edited by citybooster; July 23rd, 2019 at 01:45 PM.

Great news if it gets approved next week! Obviously, to fit the tower, part of the current low rise Avalon Cove will be demolished but probably half will stay up. I just never liked the gated community concept here, it isn't a good look for the street and I think the 70 story tower is a far better way to work density into the neighborhood more sensibly. About 500 of the 905 apartments will be roughly 500 square foot studios.

I can't wait to see a rendering. What's the height do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
    Great news if it gets approved next week! Obviously, to fit the tower, part of the current low rise Avalon Cove will be demolished but probably half will stay up. I just never liked the gated community concept here, it isn't a good look for the street and I think the 70 story tower is a far better way to work density into the neighborhood more sensibly. About 500 of the 905 apartments will be roughly 500 square foot studios.
    It's unclear what they'll do exactly, but nearly all of the current complex will remain. A filing with the city that I read about a month ago said that less than 5 apartments would be demolished in the current complex.

It would be interesting to see where then they would fit a 70 story tower in that vicinity.

Msands…. I read when they were first talking about this project a few months back it would be 741 ft.

So all but about 5 existing remain, plus 905 new? That's solid!

Quote Originally Posted by msands7 View Post
    So all but about 5 existing remain, plus 905 new? That's solid!
    Yes, the total will be 1,448 apartments: 950 new plus 498 old. The total to be demolished is 6 apartments, plus 40,000 square feet of parking garages.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dLv...paYtplaZJ/view

My guess is that they'll try to squeeze this building into the northwest corner of the site right against Washington Blvd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    Yes, the total will be 1,448 apartments: 950 new plus 498 old. The total to be demolished is 6 apartments, plus 40,000 square feet of parking garages.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dLv...paYtplaZJ/view

My guess is that they'll try to squeeze this building into the northwest corner of the site right against Washington Blvd.
    Going to be an interesting fit. Looking forward to it though I wish it replaced at least half of the original development rather than essentially expand on it. One of the largest residential towers in JC... taller and denser than Urby I, a bit under Journal Squared II at 759 ft currently rising.

So they are going to squeeze it into the northwest corner (bottom left in this pic)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	444-Washington-Boulevard-Jersey-City-2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	18517

Thumbs up 444 Washington Blvd. Rendering

Here is a rendering from New York Ymiby as to what it could possibly look like.

https://www.newyorkyimby.com/2019/08...rsey-city.html

Looks like it could be great! Also saw Mack-Cali purchased a lot next to Modera for $67M. Says they will put 800+ units there

Quote Originally Posted by msands7 View Post
    Looks like it could be great! Also saw Mack-Cali purchased a lot next to Modera for $67M. Says they will put 800+ units there
    That's old news, happened several months ago. Don't expect anything to go up there anytime soon, especially now that Mack-Cali bought it. Mack-Cali has cornered the market in Harborside and they build out their sites slowly to keep rents from dipping too much from oversupply. The first URL (Urby) building opened in 2017. Their next building (25 Columbus Dr) doesn't open until 2022. And there are several other sites in the pipeline before this Morgan St lot: Harborside Plaza 8 (679 units), Harborside Plaza 9 (1060 units), URL 2 (760 units), and URL 3 (760 units).

The lot next to Modera is their newest purchase but earlier they also bought that huge lot behind Harborside 5 that had been owned by Evertrust. Harborside Plaza 8-9's first phase and Urby II was supposed to start this year but was pushed back to spring and summer of next year... 25 Columbus Drive is the one they're focusing on this year. I doubt that building will open that late since it's already above ground and should be topping out by the end of next year, unless they build at a snail's pace...I think more sometime mid 2021 or so.