Page 377 of 378 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378 LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 5661

Thread: Jersey City Rising

The lot behind Modera is the same as the lot behind the Evertrust building. Look up the address for 107 Morgan St. JerseyDigs is crap and report old news that's available in financial statements and on forums months before they report it.

Second, Mack-Cali's financial statements and presentations say 25 CC Dr will open in 2022, five years after they opened their last building, URL Harborside I.

They continually push back the URL Harborside buildings. Their stated timelines are the *earliest* they'll build, but the almost always start construction after the dates they originally state. Even 25 CC Dr started about a year after they originally said it would begin.

They are buying out all the lots near Harborside so nobody will build competing buildings that could hurt their rents. Yeah they'll eventually build on them, but they're gonna take their time.
    Last edited by Hamilton; August 29th, 2019 at 02:49 PM.

Cool Lights, Camera, Action..JC!!

State’s largest movie, TV studio coming to Jersey City in 2020
    By Meg Fry
    Jersey City | Sep 12, 2019 at 12:30 pm

Jersey City
    A rendering of the planned Caven Point Studios in Jersey City.

Following the passing of the Garden State Film and Digital Media Jobs Act last year, the spotlight is now on Jersey City, as it plans to open the state’s largest movie and television studio complex next spring.

“Jersey City has seen an influx of major productions utilizing all parts of our city to film large-scale projects, ultimately creating a heavy demand for the proper space studios and networks struggle to find,” Jersey City Mayor Steven M. Fulop said. “Not only will this bring even more production activity to the area, but this also will benefit Jersey City further as production companies stimulate the local economy, provide various employment opportunities and contribute to the redevelopment in the southern part of our city.”

The 135,000-square-foot complex will utilize existing infrastructure at 21 Caven Point Ave. while providing 70,000 square feet of studio space and three sound stages.

“We are excited to bring Caven Point Studios to Jersey City and Canal Crossing,” said Shibber Khan, founder and principal of the New York City-based Criterion Group LLC, the owner and real estate developer of the project.

Criterion Group LLC’s current portfolio covers 2.25 million square feet and 2,400 apartments, primarily in Long Island City and Astoria in Queens.

“We believe the development of Caven Point Studios is a natural progression of our business because of its proximity to New York City and the creative community, (and) that the sheer size and quality of (the studio) will make Jersey City competitive with other film production facilities, not just in the tri-state area, but on a national basis.”

The revitalization of New Jersey’s motion picture and television industry is due largely in part to the reinstatement and replenishment of the state’s incentivizing tax credits for film and digital media productions, bringing recent productions such as Warner Brother’s “Joker” and “The Many Saints of Newark,” NBC/Universal’s “The Enemy Within,” HBO’s “The Plot Against America” and Apple TV’s “Little America” to Jersey City, which serves as a versatile and conveniently located city backdrop.

“The state-of-the-art studios being constructed by Criterion Group LLC is a huge step forward for Canal Crossing and will help pave the way for Canal Crossing to move forward with the promise and potential that the redevelopment plan was built around,” Bob Antonicello, project adviser with GRID Real Estate LLC, said. “The marriage of film, the creative community and a high quality mixed-income residential community will make Canal Crossing unique among Jersey City’s 94 redevelopment areas.”[

“We are looking forward to opening the doors to the film community in the near future,” Khan said.

http://www.roi-nj.com/2019/09/12/lif...-city-in-2020/
    Last edited by JCMAN320; September 12th, 2019 at 04:28 PM.

^That's great for Jersey City! Hopefully that won't be the only studio to open, maybe get a couple more. With the rise of filming of movies and television around the area , it's a no brainer Jersey City makes a major move to get a sizable piece of the pie!

351 Marin's new rendering, which can be seen on YIMBY, is really cool... love the base twisting glass. Wish we could have more updates and postings, though I realize posters may already have a heavy plate in their real world work situations. Still a lot of developing and unfolding plans and would love to hear more updates about them whenever possible.

Cool 351 Marin Blvd. Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
    351 Marin's new rendering, which can be seen on YIMBY, is really cool... love the base twisting glass. Wish we could have more updates and postings, though I realize posters may already have a heavy plate in their real world work situations. Still a lot of developing and unfolding plans and would love to hear more updates about them whenever possible.
    EXCLUSIVE: Renderings Revealed, Ground Broken on 351 Marin in Jersey City
    By Chris Fry -October 18, 2019

351 Marin Boulevard, Jersey City, designed by Hollwich Kushner with HLW International. Rendering courtesy of Hollwich Kushner.

Following years of planning and revisions, two companies have teamed up to break ground on a mixed-use development that will construct a sculptural tower through a stretch of Downtown Jersey City that continues to rapidly evolve.

We first reported on KRE Group’s plans for a high-rise development at 351 Marin Boulevard back in 2018. The 31,000-square-foot lot, directly across the street from Hudson Hall, was formerly home to several auto-related businesses that were razed in recent months.

A new vision for the land was initially approved by the city’s planning board in November 2018 and the development’s plans were slightly amended earlier this year. Now, KRE Group and financial services giant Northwestern Mutual have disclosed to Jersey Digs that they’ve entered into a joint-venture agreement to develop a 38-story tower at the property that includes a new 4,500-square-foot public plaza.

“We’re excited to partner with Northwestern Mutual to bring a new, mixed-use development to this prime location in Jersey City,” said Jonathan Kushner, President of Bridgewater-based KRE Group. “351 Marin will offer its residents an exceptional downtown location and urban lifestyle with unmatched walkability, and we’re thrilled to work alongside Northwestern to bring this project to life.”

The development, which is being branded as 351 Marin, will include 507 luxury apartments. 205 of them will be studios, while 243 one-bedroom units and 59 two-bedroom spaces will complete the residential portion. No units will be designated as affordable. None are required to be since the property falls within the Morgan Grove Marin Redevelopment Plan.

351 Marin Boulevard Jersey City 1351 Marin Boulevard, Jersey City, designed by Hollwich Kushner with HLW International. Rendering courtesy of Hollwich Kushner.

The tallest portion of 351 Marin will rise about 383 feet, while a shorter eight-story base will connect to the tower. The development is utilizing a Community Benefit Bonus in the redevelopment plan that allows extra height and as a concession, the developers will build a 4,500-square foot pedestrian plaza outside the building.

Two floors of amenities for residents are included in the development and the building’s ground floor will sport almost 8,000 square feet of commercial space. A garage with 203 parking spaces, 95 of which will be designated for compact cars, will also be built.

The development’s final plans were drawn up by architectural firm Hollwich Kushner in collaboration with Madison-based HLW International. Significantly redesigned from earlier renderings, 351 Marin will feature a faceted base with angular planes slicing through it. A soaring double-height facade will rise to a geometric crown that hopes to harmonize with the existing skyline, while a freestanding pavilion defines the edge of the pedestrian plaza at the tower’s base.

351 Marin is getting built along one of Jersey City’s busiest two-block stretches. A Canopy by Hilton is under construction diagonally from the development site and across the street, Silverman’s 41-story MGM Marin Boulevard is scheduled to break ground soon. Additionally, phase two of Shuster Development’s The Oakman is rising just one block north.

KRE has developed several notable projects throughout Jersey City, with 485 Marin being their most recent completion. 351 Marin is expected to be delivered in 2021, with the start of leasing tentatively slated for the fall of that year.

https://jerseydigs.com/351-marin-bou...oken/#comments

It really looks very good... love the lower part with all the angling...really does look sculptural and not just typical of residential buildings going up these days.

Thumbs up Port Liberte Expansion

Plans Advancing for Hundreds of New Units Near Jersey City’s Port Liberté
    By Jared Kofsky -October 29, 2019

Port Liberté, Jersey City. Red outline shows the developable portion. Photo via Bluegate Partners.

Over a year after Jersey Digs broke the news that additional development could be coming to properties that are situated adjacent to the existing Port Liberté condominiums in Jersey City, it appears that plans to bring new apartments and townhouses to the area are advancing.

The Jersey City Redevelopment Agency’s (JCRA) Board of Commissioners approved two resolutions during its October 15 meeting in connection with Toll Brothers’ proposals for three currently undeveloped tracts off of Chapel Avenue near Freedom Way. Both resolutions state that Toll Brothers, which is based in a suburb of Philadelphia, has entered into an agreement of sale with the New Liberty Residential Urban Renewal Company in order to buy all three properties, though the purchase price is not listed.

The resolution involving 1 Constellation Place and an adjacent tract mentions those properties are where a five-story building with 400 “market rate rental units” and a parking garage are being proposed. Meanwhile, the other resolution pertaining to 200 Chapel Avenue states that a complex consisting of 69 four-story “market rate ‘for sale’ townhouses” is in the works for that tract.

Although the New Liberty Residential Urban Renewal Company is the officially designated developer of the lots, as the new owner, Toll Brothers would transfer those designations to its TB Port Liberte and Toll NJ I affiliates. As part of the two resolutions, Toll Brothers is expected to work with the JCRA on “pre-development activities,” the negotiation of a redevelopment agreement, and the execution of a funding agreement.

In its most recent corporate profile, Toll Brothers mentioned future plans for 402 apartments at Port Liberté. The company, which is responsible for local projects such as 10 Provost Street, The Morgan at Provost Square, and 1425 Hudson Street at Hudson Tea, previously referred to a proposal for 284 units at Port Liberté in a 2018 corporate profile.

https://jerseydigs.com/toll-brothers...ans-advancing/

Cool University Place Just Keeps Going!

Luxury apartment City Line West opens at Jersey City’s University Place
    By Emily Bader
    Jersey City | Nov 1, 2019 at 12:45 pm

Circle Squared Alternative Investments
    A ribbon cutting was held for the official opening of City Line West, a luxury apartment building located in Jersey City's University Place.

A ribbon cutting was held on Thursday to celebrate the opening of City Line West, a luxury apartment complex part of the $400 million University Place redevelopment area.

The ceremony was hosted by Circle Squared Alternative Investments, The PRC Group of Companies and Del-Sano Contracting Corp.

The 132,000-square-foot building located at 33 University Place Blvd. has a total of 144 studio, one- and two-bedroom floorplans stocked with some of the top amenities and technology, the trio said.

After the ribbon cutting, representatives from Circle Squared and PRC celebrated the groundbreaking of the next phase of the multifamily project — City Line East. The site, which is larger than City Line West, will have 198 luxury units with smart home technology as well as 8,564 square feet of retail space.

“It didn’t seem that long ago that our team was just starting to discuss University Place and reviewing preliminary ideas and sketches on paper,” Jeff Sica, CEO and president of Circle Squared, said. “Now, fast forward to this morning, and we’re coming together again to celebrate another momentous achievement in the master plan for this location. The joint venture we’ve formed with PRC has yielded incredible results here and we could not be more thankful to have a partner such as them to bring City Line to life. We’re looking forward to the next chapter in the City Line project with the groundbreaking of City Line East and hope to be standing here again next year at this time, alongside PRC, to celebrate its grand opening and begin to welcome residents to their new homes.”

Each unit at City Line West is outfitted with smartphone door access; smart thermostats; and Amazon Alexa Ready on select switches. Amenities throughout the complex include WiFi throughout, a pet washing station; on-site parking; bike storage; a cafe; meeting rooms; a fitness center with a yoga studio; common areas; rooftop BBQ; lounges; and more.

“We are celebrating the grand opening of City Line because of something very powerful — an idea,” said Robert Kaye, Chairman and CEO of The PRC Group of Companies. “But an idea is a lone thought without motivation, action and teamwork. We brought together the best in each discipline to ensure success. City Line is here today because of our partners and the hard work of many people. We look forward to our next phase with all of our partners and friends.”

http://www.roi-nj.com/2019/11/01/rea...versity-place/

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

City Line East will be located between University Place and Audubon Ave. Also not mentioned in the article is Building 5, between Audubon Ave. and Carbon Pl. is pile driving and will be going vertical soon as well!!

That buildings design in that pics looks super odd. I hope it looks better in person

Are they expanding the number of buildings here? Earlier renderings were that after this building, the Rivet II would be going up opposite the Rivet, the Performing Arts Center with its expanded 320 residential units and there would be a couple of slightly smaller buildings butting against Carbon Place as well as the Shop Rite(when will that start, heard so many different rumors?) I didn't see a slightly larger additional "City Line" building, as great as it sounds. To msands… I often cut through the development on my way to work on 440 and the overall appearance is pretty good... I assume you're not enamored about the concrete portion on that one facing the Rivet I?

Quote Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
    Are they expanding the number of buildings here? Earlier renderings were that after this building, the Rivet II would be going up opposite the Rivet, the Performing Arts Center with its expanded 320 residential units and there would be a couple of slightly smaller buildings butting against Carbon Place as well as the Shop Rite(when will that start, heard so many different rumors?) I didn't see a slightly larger additional "City Line" building, as great as it sounds. To msands… I often cut through the development on my way to work on 440 and the overall appearance is pretty good... I assume you're not enamored about the concrete portion on that one facing the Rivet I?
    The entrance black windows don't match the rest of the facade. And because of that the normal white windows and brick with obvious air units looks bad. Just looks all not very cohesive

I see what you mean... I don't dislike it really, though I just don't care for the vents when it's not really that expensive anymore to have central air/heating as opposed to the HVAC systems which have those vents under all the windows. I think the air unit vents are the problem more than anything when you judge the appearance, though overall I like where they were going.

It's in my general neighborhood and I love seeing a community develop where nothing existed in recent years but empty lot and closed factories... I wish there were an affordable component but it's not in the requirements for the area affected, but I'm glad the rents help serve the purpose of keeping NJCU students costs reasonable... really looking forward to the Performing Arts building breaking ground with its now expanded 320 additional residences above it(now ten floors rather than the original 160 units and 6 floors) and the other buildings described in the original renderings. I can understand your not really liking how City Line I looks awkward but it's okay with me, I do like the window arrangement overall (hate the HVAC vents, though)and the brickwork... I think it's going to overall really look nice there in a few years. I live directly across the light rail and can see the progress on 400 Claremont as well, which looks massive already in its footprint(600 or so rentals on 6 floors, guess no choice than to make it so expansive)… indeed so much work going on going up to Route 440 in the area and I'd love an idea when the first news about development starting in Bayview spreading from 440 to the Hackensack River waterfront will be available.