Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 Hudson Street - Goldman Sachs Tower - New Jersey's Tallest - by Cesar Pelli

Default 30 Hudson Street

Wow. Must be nice to have an extra 40 story Pelli tower in case they choose to expand some day.

I wonder if they will illuminate it at all at night, or will they keep it dark since no one is in the building.

And why wouldn't they want to rent it out? Seems like an aweful waste of potential revenue and badly needed office space.

(Edited by NYatKNIGHT at 5:06 pm on Jan. 9, 2003)

Default 30 Hudson Street

Quote: from NYatKNIGHT on 5:00 pm on Jan. 9, 2003
    And why wouldn't they want to rent it out? Seems like an aweful waste of potential revenue and badly needed office space.
    Badly needed ? The vacancy rate is currently pretty high. But of course, it's too bad modern offices are left without tenants.

Default 30 Hudson Street

Liberty Enlightening the World and 30 Hudson Street skyscraper on a cold January day. 12 January 2003.

Forum Veteran

Default 30 Hudson Street

Gorgeous photo. *Thanks, Edward.

Default 30 Hudson Street

"Another construction project in Jersey City. I am not sure what it is."

It's Plaza 10 Harborside, made by Mack-Cali

I'm sure the light and heliport will still be in operation when the building's done, even though Goldman Sachs isn't going to use it, I'm sure it'll be rented out to other companies.

I guess that means Flamingo, the restaurant 2 blocks away won't be destroyed. There were plans to destroy it to extend the road so the Goldman workers wouldn't have to be stuck in traffic in the area.

Staying in New York probably will help Lower Manhattan bounce back (I see that as a matter of when rather than if). Which building do they occupy anyway?

(Edited by JCDJ at 11:44 pm on Jan. 22, 2003)

(Edited by JCDJ at 11:53 pm on Jan. 22, 2003)

Default 30 Hudson Street

"I think this could be a real blow to Jersey City. *If Goldman stays, it might set the precedent for the other financial companies to stay in downtown. *Jersey City will have to settle for the support operations of the major financial companies."

- Evan

A burst of hope for Lower Manhattan definitely, but not a blow to Jersey City. On a Development map given to me by an architectural developer of Jersey City, there are 2 other companies planning to put up their own buildings in JC, not to mention all of the upcoming Houses and Hotels.

Best wishes and Power to Goldman, and the rest of the Lower Manhattan community!

Default 30 Hudson Street

The latest picture of GS taken on 01.27... Ain't she a beauty?

Default 30 Hudson Street

Thanks.
    I love that picture. It clearly reveals the details of the skin.
    I wonder what the hollow top will look like.

Default 30 Hudson Street

Wow! *I love it! *Do you have anymore from the other sides? *Does anybody know the official height??
    Frankie

Default 30 Hudson Street

What is that structure in the middle of the building? *Is it scaffolding or the elevator tubes?

Default 30 Hudson Street

It's scaffolding.

Default 30 Hudson Street

1.27? wow, it must've been hack trying to take that picture being how it was so cold that day. I probably would've taken pictures that day too if I didn't half freee to death walking to the bus stop . . . that and the fact that I forgot my camera

This picture was taken on 1.17.03 sorry about the blur, I was still trying to get used to it. This is from the north east.

(Edited by JCDJ at 12:20 am on Jan. 31, 2003)

(Edited by JCDJ at 12:23 am on Jan. 31, 2003)

Default 30 Hudson Street

Quote: from JCDJ on 5:30 pm on Jan. 28, 2003
    1.27? wow, it must've been hack trying to take that picture being how it was so cold that day. I probably would've taken pictures that day too if I didn't half freee to death walking to the bus stop *
    Yeah, It was pretty cold but I had my car close by so I took a few shots before my hands froze. *

Here's a closeup of GS:

Default 30 Hudson Street

I've been taking pictures of it for a while, I'll upload the rest when I have the chance.

I have a question though, what's with the wood panels that're on different parts of the building? They look like they're in place of some of the windows. Anyone know why these things are there?

Default 30 Hudson Street

From Hill International
    (I guess they do resolutions for construction problems or something, visit the site, the intro is awesome!)

http://www.hillintl.com/

Goldman Sachs Building
    Jersey City, NJ

Hill has been retained to negotiate a crucial Project Labor Agreement for construction of "Project Phoenix," a $1 billion office and commercial building on the Hudson River in Jersey City, New Jersey. The 840-foot building will house the new corporate headquarters of Goldman Sachs, one of the largest investmant banking firms in the world. The building also will include "Goldman Sachs University," hotel/corporate training center for Goldman Sachs' worldwide employees and "Crystal Hall," a glass atrium containing upscale retail and dining space for public use.

http://www.hillintl.com/index.cfm?pageid=3

That's awesome, I didn't know that's going to be where they're going to train investors too. And a dining place too? I had no idea how big this project is going to be. I hope all of these things will still be used and/or built even though Goldman has decided not to expand.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast