Thread: Wny administration--help me, please !!!

Default Wny administration--help me, please !!!

I've been patient for a few weeks, but no longer.
    For reasons beyond my understanding, I have been SHUT OUT from sourcing or communicating anything to the WNY website from my home computer. I cannot originate any new posts or reply to any threads. I can't read new posts or look at the old ones. The door has been closed. I'm outside, unable to look in. Somewhere, someone is having a great laugh at my distress, and I know who it is.

He --or she-- has prevented me from logging on to write about the problem or try to communicate with the administrators about the situation--as I've done for years-- and I can't reach WNY through the site's facebook portal either, because ANY access to the WNY empire from my home PC is now denied me..

Anyway, I couldn't get return messages from WNY staff about how to solve the problem because I can't access Wirednewyork.com to read the replies--unless I use another computer.

I can reach WNY using someone else's computer, as I am doing with this post, but I cannot do it from MY PC. Moments ago, using my user name and password, I was able to immediately get on-site and compose this, using a computer at ( wait for it...) THE PUBLIC LIBRARY!!
    Ironic, ain't it???

That has led me to one simple and obvious conclusion--

I--and Wirednewyork--have been HACKED!!!

I have a short list of suspects. Actually it's a list of one, a troll who has decided to become a true thorn in my side, and I can only wonder why this creep has chosen me to bedevil--well, actually, I DON'T have to wonder very hard. I know of many reasons why he ( or she) has targeted me for vitriolic punishment. And I'm sure my tormentor has the skills to find my URL and infect it with whatever malware he happens to possess. Based on some of the involuntary communication that I have had with this...person...he--or she-- seems to be sort of a computer-skilled antisocial nutcase.

I won't use the hacker's name in this post (EM) because I don't want to point a finger at someone ( EM) who may not have any part in this farce, but if any of the readers have been following my recent posts and have watched a simple exchange of ideas turn into a nasty feud, then I am sure you have a good idea about who (EM) is behind this sick joke.

I'm asking the Admins to somehow UNDO this curse and allow me access again to my favorite website. I don't know HOW that can be done, but please, come up with a solution. I await your reply to this, soon. The 15th Anniversary of the 9/11 attacks is next week, and there are a lot of reasons for me to want to communicate through Wired New York.

Also, I'd like you to locate the hacker who did this to me ( EM??) and subject HIM (or her) to some kind of sanction. WNY users should not be victims of this troll or insulted by his (or her) dark sense of punishment. I'd like to give you my email address or even my home phone so we can communicate directly, but I have no doubt that the pervert who blocked me from WNY would probably screw with that information as well. How may we communicate offline?

I live a few blocks from the Library, so it's no problem for me to stroll over here and look for your reply.
    Please help to undo this situation and get a devoted Senior Member back into the fold.

Regards,
    HOF

Sorry Hoff, but you sound like your full of Trumpian paranoia... have you tried clearing your cache?
    I've had the same problem in the past, and that was all it took to fix it.

I am so sorry I hacked into your home computer, Hof. Yes, it was me after all. I was just feeling very bothered and upset after you called me a pervert. I just unhacked your computer. Please try to log in again. I think it should work.

Please accept my sincere apologies.

Some quick references to things that went unsaid due to the nasty, deliberate 2 month hack on my WNY account--Something about 9/11, some things about my impending move, Trump, Clinton's Wikileaks, more Trump, a Venezuelan update, shopping for a car, Hudson yards, more Clinton things, Mexico, early voting in Florida, navigating the health care BS, etc.
    Maybe someday I'll attempt to put those outdated thoughts up on site.
    I STILL cannot enter the WNY portal from my home PC. This is written on the library's computer.

Oh, yeah--Never forget, never forgive...

Quote Originally Posted by Hof View Post
    Some quick references to things that went unsaid due to the nasty, deliberate 2 month hack on my WNY account--Something about 9/11, some things about my impending move, Trump, Clinton's Wikileaks, more Trump, a Venezuelan update, shopping for a car, Hudson yards, more Clinton things, Mexico, early voting in Florida, navigating the health care BS, etc.
    Maybe someday I'll attempt to put those outdated thoughts up on site.
    I STILL cannot enter the WNY portal from my home PC. This is written on the library's computer.

Oh, yeah--Never forget, never forgive...
    Hof, that's extremely unfortunate. I was looking forward to reading your thoughts. I definitely restored your account after I decided to suspend my hack on September 6. Are you sure you cannot log in at home? Try clearing your cache and rebooting your desktop.

Assuming it's all true, do we need this type of behaviour on here?

Hof, is everything OK now?

Forum Veteran

this is the most exciting thing to have happened here in many months

*grabs some popcorn*

Default Belated reply

End of January.

Still shut out.

I've cleared the cache, rebooted and even did a Restore, hoping to gain access, but no luck. I'm not well versed on undoing hacks, so my limited knowledge of repairing the damage inflicted by East Millinocket has served me poorly.
    Try as I might, any access to my favorite website has been stolen from me.
    I consider this an act of cyber warfare, as nefarious as the Russian hack. It's soulless, selfish and just plain mean. EM, wimp that he is, cannot stand the challenges I pose to his phony postings and has sucker punched me right in my pixels to make me go away. Hollow apoligies aside, he has done irreversible damage. This cannot be soothed over by a few humble postings.

I can almost feel his egotistical, self-satisfied smugness radiating from my screen. ( I'm typing this on a St Pete Public Library computer)

Anyway, I have moved on with my life, selling my home in Ocala and moving to St Pete, a cool beachfront city about 100 miles south. My family lives nearby and I have begun working as a docent at an automobile museum. I bought a new car--a 2014 Infiniti--and some new furniture. Soon, I'll get a new computer, and with any luck will be able to bypass EM's curse and rejoin WNY's community.

I had a lot to say about the 9/11 anniversary, even more to say about Trump's ascension to the throne and Hillary's crushing defeat. I also have a LOT of opinion about the ( liberal) media's obvious bias and the actions of the broken-hearted liberals, who demand that we treat ALL carbon based life forms as dignified equals--excepting, of course for Trump and the Republicans-- and anyone who does not think like a politically correct robot.

I'd love to expound on these subjects but haven't the time right now.

I wish all WNY members a Happy New Year (--except for one. I wish painful, incurable cancer on you--and you know who you are, you azzhole).

For now, adios. When I have more time to pontificate, I'll wear out the Library's keyboard with some of my pent-up observations.
    Last edited by Hof; January 31st, 2017 at 02:52 PM.

Hope you can get back on Hof, look forward to reading your postings ....

Now that you called me an asshole, I am re-hacking your computer and wishing you painful incurable butt cancer.

Forum Veteran

America just contracted the same thing, prognosis for recovery is 4-8 years

I am sorry to report that Hof has expired. May he rest in peace.

Default East Millinocket, You Sick Phony

Quote Originally Posted by EastMillinocket View Post
    I am sorry to report that Hof has expired. May he rest in peace.
    Mid February

East Millinocket, you sad little wierdo-- Hof has NOT expired, and there will be no rest, nor any peace, until I have been completely restored to these boards and YOU have been banished.

I has been illegally hacked--by you--and I am somewhat inconvenienced and decidedly angered by your tortuous interference of my right to speak freely on this site. By robbing me of my ability to communicate on WNY, you have given clear exhibition of your venal, nasty and small-minded lack of intellectual prowess to respond to criticism. Clearly, you cannot summon the basic intelligence needed to deal in an adult manner with things that make you uncomfortable, so you use the bully's way out and you electronically silence and censor a decades-long Senior Member of this website.

Your sick obsession to control and dominate my communication here by hacking my account is absurd, unreasonable, immoral and highly illegal. You are NOT a mod nor a controlling factor on this site, yet you have seized control and are damaging the website and the members of Wired New York's community by your evil, ego-driven actions.
    Who else will you pick on? If anybody has the nerve to challenge you, will you hack them as well, or do you think that by intimidating me in such a public manner will silence any future criticism?

-- I am saddened by the lack of action on the part of the Wired New York editors and/or moderators to rectify this control over the website by an obviously disturbed member.

The only correct phrase in EM's description in my premature obituary above is "I am sorry...".

You are indeed sorry.

More on this later...
    Last edited by Hof; February 21st, 2017 at 02:14 PM.

You are not a "decades-long Senior Member." You have only been a member for 14 years and 4 months. Stop flattering yourself.