Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York & All Its Glory

Default New York & All Its Glory

* * New York is one hell of a town. It is the greatest city in the world for that matter, a giant mixing of people from every religion, color, creed, culture, and any way of life that you could possibly imagine.
    * * People that have never visited New York are under a false impression that New York is just like any other city in the United States and the world for that matter. This statement is not only ignorant and false, but New York is really quite the contrary. We are not any average city, we boast an extremely low crime level, which just seems to be dropping more every passing year. We have the most diverse culture than any other city in the world, and lets face it, we are the city that created the phrase "the city that never sleeps." There is just so much to do in New York day and night! We also boast one of the worlds best transportation systems, and have light traffic when compared to almost any major city in California.
    * * The only way people can appreciate our city is if they actually witness being here themselves. From the Financial District to Midtown Manhattan, people do not realize how amazing this city really is until they drive up and down the wide avenues which seem like giant canyons surrounded by giant decorative buildings of glass, steel, and concrete. Manhattan has at least 20 of the worlds 100 tallest buildings which is a record still unsurpassed, and increasing every year. No other city on earth has so many tall buildings placed so densely one on top of the other, and no other city in the world can claim such a rich skyscraper history. Sure Chicago may be the birthplace of the skyscraper, but it was here, on Manhattan island, that those ideas were put to the test and tested to their limits. After over 100 years of skyscraper revolution, New York is and always has been the definitive skyscraper city.
    * * I am a resident of Manhattan, i live in this city, i work in this city, i play in this city, i drive in this city, i sleep in this city. Let me tell you there is no place i would rather be. I love everything in this city, to those stupid people that hand out fliers to those livery cab drivers that always try to cut you off. Every time i am walking or driving down a street or avenue, i cannot help but feel amazed at these tall structures that we built. From Lower Manhattan to Midtiwn i still feel the exhilarating thrill of bieng so densely placed, still so proud and astounded at buildings as if i was a little boy. You have to be proud of what we have accomplished, we as a city have been through a lot, the transit strike of 1980, lol, for those of us who remember and 9/11. We New Yorkers have been strong persistent people who never give up, we may have suffered some hard blows, but we can answer right back. I am a proud New Yorker and I am not afraid to show how much I love this city. We are back and stronger than we ever were, and this construction boom that has suddenly blossomed over the past few years is just one way of showing we are the greatest city in the world.
    * * You all may think i am rambling on, but i am just giving everyone some arrogant New York spirit. This is a very emotional from the heart opinion and i would love to re state this essay which i had written last year. Please feel free to comment, and remember GOD I LOVE NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to live in NY, *It looks like my state just elected Talent. * Yuck! It's Better off to be with intellectuals instead of farmer idiots!

Live in New York? *Hell *Yes!!!!!! * People knock that town, but, *where are the smartest people located? *

Rich, you weren't rambling at all! *That was absolutely beautiful! *Everything you stated was so true of NYC and a reader of that can tell it was truly heart felt.

Everyone needs to read that!

I would love to live in New York. It's my dream to live there and work there when I grow up. I love to be among all of the skyscrapers and culture. It rules. I wish I could do it more.

well thanks all, you should all come down and visit me sometime, lol, we can do lunch, lol.

This is true, as i have stated before, there is no city in the world that exceeds New York. We have the most skyscrapers in the world, 1/3 located here, not to mention about 32-37 of the worlds 100 largest/tallest buildings right here. We hold records that are unsurpassed and will never be broken. No other city in the world has so many tall buildings placed so densely, one on top of the other. No other city in the world has such huge dense commercial layouts so efficiently used. There is no other city in the world that can even come near the height of Midtown alone, and the thing that gets better and better is that midtown is expanding in all directions. We have over 200 years, set the prescident of what a city should be.
    * * I am so proud to be a New Yorker. *I live, work, play, drive, eat, party, and sleep in this city. There is no other place that i would rather be. This city is the financial and trend epicenter of the world, so many cultures all interacting within inches of eachother, sometimes even less in crowded train stations, street corners, elevators, shopping malls, and stores. So many different types of architecture from Citicorp, to the Seagram, to the GE Building, to the Empire State and to beyond.
    * * What lies in this cities future is just an amazing thought. An amazing test and showing off of mans building and ingenuity. We have NYTT coming up in the next few years, Bloombergs "area 51", Pfizers new building, Bryant Park, FSM Development, the WTC site, 237 Park, AOL Time Warner Center, 10 Times Square, and others that are popping up every day. We are in the start of what i am thinking of calling "NEW YORK'S MILLENIUM RENNISANCE." We have such a bright future ahead and i am enjoying every minute of it

* * I just thought of my model of Manhattan sitting in the crner of my room. It is on a 3 by 6 foot piece of wallboard with the buildings cut from wood, cardboard, and styro-foam. Its too bad my little brother destroyed some of it, i am working on replacing what was lost and adding some new buildings onto it, i have not added anything to it in about 6 years. I somehow got back into it, maybe it was from being back on this website.

6 years...many changes to make

Any pics of it to share?

I am envious of you Rich! *Being a skyscarper fanatic in the midwest is torturous.

lol, i see what you mean by that. Feel free to come up and visit us here

Bloody hell! It took me three minutes to find out how to reply to your posting. Am I a moron or what? I have just discovered this site and am still not sure what it is supposed to be all about. Is it a forum for neighbourhood discussions or what?

Anyway, Mr. Battista, I can't see your first nameas I type this so excuse the formality. You Americans should look at the layout of British websites and make yours less complicated.

You sure do love New York but tell me, Have you ever been outside the city? Have you ever travelled outside of America? The one thing that pisses us Europeans off about you lot is your total ignorance about the rest of the planet. I do agree with you though, New York is a great city. Well it used to be.

The one thing that pisses us Europeans off about you lot is your total ignorance about the rest of the planet. I do agree with you though, New York is a great city. Well it used to be.
    New York City is still a great city. *I don't know about Rich, since he is the one you are directing your questions at, but I have traveled elsewhere and NYC still stands above the rest as my favorite.

You mention Europeans...Europe gives an experience to tourists that no place in the USA ever can because of its long history. *There are many sites to see there and throughout the rest of the world that are unique and great experiences I hope to someday experience. *

We realize this and therefore are not ignorant at all. *

Yes, Europe is history. Bwahaha.

New York is a city of immigrants (myself included), so the statement about us not having been to other countries is definitionally incorrect. *If anything, New Yorkers may have a more objective view of the rest of the world, given an almost universal demographical representation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast