Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BIG APPLE TWINS - GROUND AND SKY ZERO MEMORIAL

Default BIG APPLE TWINS-GROUND AND SKY ZERO MEMORIAL

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. *

ooooohhh!
    Why not?

I'm pretty sure that no one missed the point about the Big Apple, but that's okay, anyone who puts such time and energy into a new WTC design has their heart in the right place.

Yes, you're right. Especially we who are from Belgrade and know very good how it looks like when somebody destroys buildings and kill people in your city. We were victims, and this proposal is when victim forgives...

Indeed. Anyone who takes the time, heart and talent to conceptualize a WTC proposal is a good person in my book. I wish more people were more active and public in their ideas.

(Edited by DougGold at 4:35 pm on Jan. 30, 2003)

I'd like to see some more detailed information about it, like whether it will be a complete memorial, or museum or what. She went to great depths to describe the feeling it's supposed to evoke. I like the design, and I'd be content with it being in the NY Metro area, but I don't know if being in place of the WTC is the best idea. On the other hand, who knows, maybe if it was built it just might find a way into peoples' hearts.

I will send you a text about Memorial and we will put it on web site soon.

Ground floor of the Memorial is between two semicircular buildings. Elevating stairs and transparent elevators go to the Apple on top. Ground and Sky Zero. It is like travelling. Groud floor will have one central room which will be *Memorial room. It is a room of memories of those who come to do obeisance to those who were victims of the terrorists. There will be a flower disc and mirror disc. Flower disc is a place in that room for candles and flowers and the Mirror disc is above, so that every flower and candle and everything that people bring there will be in mirror on top too. The room will be like a big moving room, with cameras and big screens, with memories, with new technologies. Elevators can take us on top, inside the Apple (or elevating stairs, which are not so fast but the idea of Memorial does not need anything to be fast, it is contemplative). The Apple has *lot of space, so one lower part could be with restorants, cinemas. Upper part of the Apple can be a museum, with photos, films, pictures of NY and old WTC, with photos of those who were killed, with some voice telling their names, with stories and photos of all who took part in rescuing...
    The Apple will have colors depend on day, holiday, it will have a light like a pharos that will go round. It can have colors of American Flag, or special for some importan holidays...
    The stairs are like DNA, and they have red and blue, like our bloodflow.
    Maybe these images on my web site are not the best, but we still work on some, we will put them as soon as possible.
    Thanks

Olja Ivanjicki came to Forum. All questions on her proposal for WTC we will answer

This building is a great idea!!! but it does rank a distant second to the farm idea that was floating around, or the other idea about leaving the entire bathtub fully exposed and building nothing

TAFisher123, thanks!
    Olja and I will send more text and explanations. And, we are really open for all new ideas, it is not of importance who gave an idea, the most important is that NY gets what deserves, and NY deserves best.

One of the points is that NY was a center of Pop Art nad NY is still business and artistic center of the world.

I belong to the generation of Pop Artists (Warhol, Rauschenberg...) *and i was very happy for what New York gave me, and i would like to give something to New York. That was the idea of taking part in this proposal. I really love NY and I was a little bit desperate when I saw proposals.

All we can see is that the system is too closed for new people. Architecture is connected with art. Le Corbusier is a good example...

Or Leonardo and Michelangelo...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast