Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round-Up 2003 - Big Frat Party Weekend

Default Round-Up 2003 - Big Frat Party Weekend

Last night I went to Round-Up at my school. Its when fraternities have huge parties and high schoolers and other college students from different universities come to party. Its really wild :biggrin:. I met lots of hot and fine girls :wink: :biggrin:. Unforunately I continue to harp about the World Trade Center . I am gettin some sense of closure though. Do you think its appropriate to talk about the World Trade Center? Otherwise I had a great and fun time despite the war in Iraq. :wink: :biggrin:.

(Edited by Ptarmigan at 1:16 pm on April 5, 2003)

Default Round-Up 2003

Quote: from Ptarmigan on 2:16 pm on April 5, 2003
    Do you think its appropriate to talk about the World Trade Center?
    Only if those hot and fine girls were interested.

Default Round-Up 2003

Quote: from ZippyTheChimp on 1:47 pm on April 5, 2003
    Only if those hot and fine girls were interested.

Well, they are :biggrin:. Hehe. Also, they feel bad for me about my dealings with the World Trade Center . I have said it a lot, I really miss the World Trade Center, because it was my favorite building in New York and my all time favorite buildings. Man, it really hurts .

(Edited by Ptarmigan at 4:36 pm on April 5, 2003)

(Edited by Ptarmigan at 9:51 pm on April 5, 2003)

Default Round-Up 2003

I don't know how to help you.
    Try taking a camera to the top of this building.

Default Round-Up 2003

Quote: from ZippyTheChimp on 6:07 pm on April 5, 2003
    I don't know how to help you.
    Try taking a camera to the top of this building.
    I have been on top of the Empire State Building before. I have taken a camera on top of that building. Its really cool and I took photos of it. Something to look back at . The last I went on top was in August of 2000, when the World Trade Center was still there. Empire State Building is a classic and one my favorite besides the late World Trade Center.

(Edited by Ptarmigan at 9:52 pm on April 5, 2003)

Default Round-Up 2003

Don't worry Ptarmigan...wether they are rebuilt or not, we'll always remember...

Default Round-Up 2003

You said it MaNiAc. *Ptarmigan I wouldn't give up--it ain't over yet. *To quote a prominent New Jersey native, "It's up to you, New York, New York!"

(Edited by Bennie B at 3:16 pm on April 6, 2003)

Default Round-Up 2003

I am no defeatist. Actually, I talk how glorious of the former World Trade Center is and how important it was for New York. It was my all time favorite building. Last night, I went partying again and it was crowded like the previous night. A live band was there also. I also met many fine girls :biggrin:. During Round-Up I met people as young as Junior in high school to Seniors in college. Mostly Freshmen and Sophmores in college. I met people from different states, high schools, and universities during Round-Up. Good way to talk about New York and how cool the city is :biggrin:.

Default Round-Up 2003

There ya go Ptarmigan! *(heh) *

Default Round-Up 2003

Great Quote there, Bennie.

It's not dont yet. I mean, we already got lot's of people that are involved with the site disapproving Libeskind's buildings.

That dosn't mean we will get Twin Towers in there place, but it's possible.

New York, New York reaching up to the sky
    Those beautiful Twin Towers-Oh!-how high
    They came down that frightful September Day
    Don't worry though-No Doubt-They are here to stay

I just made that up, and I think that qualifies for the national anthem for the Twin Towers rebuilding movement Have Faith!

Default Round-Up 2003

Even a hard core pessimist such as myself, can occasionally enjoy a breath of optimism. *

Default Round-Up 2003

Quote: from amigo32 on 12:03 am on April 7, 2003
    Even a hard core pessimist such as myself, can occasionally enjoy a breath of optimism. *
    I tend to be a pessimist, but I can be an optimist as well.

Default Round-Up 2003

Quote: from Ptarmigan on 2:16 pm on April 5, 2003
    I am gettin some sense of closure though.
    I am glad you are beginning to gain closure, but don't worry about it taking so long. *The events of 9-11 had a huge impact on this entire country. *It was something that none of us have ever experienced, to be attacked on our home land. *I worry about those who seem numb to the attacks. *Have you heard the song by Darryl Worley?

Default Round-Up 2003

Quote: from Jessica on 7:27 pm on April 8, 2003
    I am glad you are beginning to gain closure, but don't worry about it taking so long. *The events of 9-11 had a huge impact on this entire country. *It was something that none of us have ever experienced, to be attacked on our home land. *I worry about those who seem numb to the attacks. *Have you heard the song by Darryl Worley?
    Jessica, I am aware it is taking a long time for me to get some closure. Its going to be long and gradual. Nothing happens overnight. At the same time, I have to be realistic, because I may never get closure, like many other people in America. Yeah, 9/11 was horrifying. Never thought it would happen. I remember that day being a complete state of shock, devastation, and sad . What do you mean numb? People who blame America for bringing on the 9/11 attack or laughed at it are sick in their mind and are complete morons and screw-ups :angry: :angry:. What song by Darryl Worely are you talking about?

Default Round-Up 2003

By numb, I mean those who had no reaction to 9/11...those who weren't shocked, scared, or worried. *The song by Darryl Worley is called "Have you forgotten?" *It is excellent and I guarantee it will give you chills. *

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast