Thread: Petition to U.N. to classify Suicide Bombings as War Crimes

Default Petition to U.N. to classify Suicide Bombings as War Crimes

This petition asks the United Nations to treat suicide bombings as war crimes and that those who inspire them be prosecuted by the International War Crimes Tribunal.

The Call for UN & World Leaders to Prosecute Organizers of Suicide/Homicide Bombings, performing acts of terror against Civilians, as War Criminals, was initiated by Scholars for Peace in the Middle East and written by Dr. Edward S. Beck.

1 [one] million signatures are being sought for this petition. Click on the following and please take 10 seconds to sign.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/bombings/petition.html

If you can, please cut and send this message to other friends, of whatever faith, who might also agree to sign the petition.

Forum Veteran

I signed.

I signed too. I just hope it's not some scam. If I start receiving spam to my email adress im gonna get angry :evil:

Banned Member

It's too complex an issue to be reduced to this type of condemnation. Condemning the actions does nothing to solve the problem. The suicide bombings are a symptom of the problem. Both sides deserve to live in peace and, based on the reality of the situation, provocations exist on both sides.

I'm not signing.

You're joking right? Suicide bombings are not a problem, they are a symptom? A symptom as you coldly call it would be "deaths from suicide bombings". The bombings themselves are a HUGE problem. Obviously the situation is much more complicated than anyone can sum up. However, you are refusing to sign a condemnation of HOMICIDE/SUICIDE bombings. You have to start somewhere and that is a huge problem. Would you not condemn murder just because maybe someone had a complicated reason for doing it? Now self-defense is one thing. But suicide bombings are not self defense. They are terrorism. It is much too HUGE a situation to even explain with a million words and I can also not force you to sign anything. However, not condemning something so horrible, deadly, perverted, sick, and evil says something about you.

This petition asks the United Nations to treat suicide bombings as war crimes and that those who inspire them be prosecuted by the International War Crimes Tribunal.
    I disagree. That petition is equivalent to saying killing someone with an Ak-47 is more evil than killing someone with an M-16. Killing is killing. Whether it's a gun knife or gun or tank shell or missile (weapons of mass destruction like nukes are another issue).

The petition is politcally motivated, and blatantly pro-Israeli. The ethnic minority Palestinians have been imprisoned in ghettos & camps under muderous Israeli apartheid for 35 years. After decades of seeing their children killed by Israeli death squads based on ethnicity.. After watching their homes get bulldozed based on ethnicity.. Some Palestinians fight back with the only things they have.. rocks and homemade bombs.

I'd rather see a petition pushing for Israel to comply with UN Security Council resolution 242, and end 35+ years of oppressive Israeli apartheid.

btw, Israeli settlers are not civilians. They're an armed occupational force. Israel shouldn't use women & children as human shields.

It (the petition) basically reiterates the need for an internationally recognized government to declare and wage war. If something like this were to give the U.N. jurisdiction in instances of terror attacks such as 9/11 and supercede or prevent our sovereign rights as a nation to bring justice as we see fit, - I am against it.

As far as I am concerned, our "illegal combatant" designation is capable of dealing with those who would organize, train, and aid suicidal murderers.

I would rather sign a petition that asks the U.N. to adopt our 'illegal combatant" terminology and encourage sovereign nations to protect themselves from rogue terrorist groups within their country and in neighboring countries.

The Palestinians could never win a real war against Israel, that's why they don't wage one. If anything, Palestine should be punished for allowing violent extremists to stage operations from it's territory. With leadership that condones or ignores this type of criminality, it's no surprise the Palestinians have been unable to negotiate a lasting agreement; Arafat has no authority over his people.

Palestine must negotiate with Israel in one trustworthy voice. Until then, they will continue to undermine their own credibility and reduce Israel's bargaining flexibility.

IMO, a suicidal bomber would do more for his cause by giving Yassar a big bear hug.

Killing innocent people by running into a crowd and blowing yourself up is wrong. No matter if you are Israeli or Palestinian. Normaldude - You say killing people is killing people - no difference. But then you, yourself admit that weapons of mass destruction are different. Did you consider 9/11 just another way to fight a war? The fact is that mass murdering civilians is wrong. If a war is to be fought, international law cannot be broken. You accept POWs and treat them well. You obviously don't torture POWs. You do not kill civilians. While war is never humane, some things are worse than others. Suicide bombings are one of those worse things.

Oh and btw, enough propoganda. Israel demolishes the houses of SUICIDE bombers. Those bombers are psychopaths who kill children, and men and women who are shopping or taking a bus, etc. They don't demolish houses based on ethnicity. If that was the case, there would be no more houses for any palestinian. However, the palestinians do BLOW UP AND MURDER innocent Israels (which is far worse than demolishing a house) based on ethnicity. Israeli Death Squads? Are you kidding me? Hamas is a death squad. Islamic Jihad is a death squad. The IDF is just protecting Israel from all the Arab countries and people around it that want to see it destroyed. I'm surprised since you say you worked in the WTC, that you don't see a difference between a terrorist group, and an army protecting its country. After all, similar terrorists attacked us and blew us up. How can you sympathize with these palestinian terrorists? The same ones that cheered on 9/11?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Tower
    Killing innocent people by running into a crowd and blowing yourself up is wrong. No matter if you are Israeli or Palestinian. Normaldude - You say killing people is killing people - no difference. But then you, yourself admit that weapons of mass destruction are different. Did you consider 9/11 just another way to fight a war? The fact is that mass murdering civilians is wrong. If a war is to be fought, international law cannot be broken. You accept POWs and treat them well. You obviously don't torture POWs. You do not kill civilians. While war is never humane, some things are worse than others. Suicide bombings are one of those worse things.
    The Palestinians are not a sovereign nation. They're an ethnic minority living under 35+ years of Israeli apartheid. If a black man murders and tortures a white man in NYC, he's tried as a criminal, not under war crimes. Just like Tim McVeigh was tried as a criminal.

demolishes the houses of SUICIDE bombers. They don't demolish houses based on ethnicity.
    Yes they do. Israel's development of the settlements in West Bank and Gaza is equivalent to if the NYPD bulldozed a city block in Harlem, kick out all the blacks, and declared that area whites-only.

The IDF is just protecting Israel from all the Arab countries and people around it that want to see it destroyed.
    The Palestinians are not a country. They're an ethnic minority that has been imprisoned in ghettos & camps under Israeli apartheid for 35+ years. You're making a blanket racist statement.

I'm surprised since you say you worked in the WTC, that you don't see a difference between a terrorist group, and an army protecting its country.
    I never said that. Hamas is a terrorist group. Israel is a murderous apartheid state. But you don't see England firing explosive rockets into Irish neighborhoods, or bulldozing homes simply based on ethnicity.

And if a black man was spotted bombing a building in Manhattan, should the NYPD fly helicopters to Harlem, fire rockets at someone they think is the suspect, and kill random kids and civilians nearby who happen to have the same color skin? Then should they bulldoze a couple blocks in Harlem, kick out all the blacks, and declare those areas "whites only"?

After all, similar terrorists attacked us and blew us up.
    Similar? Al-Queda hasn't been living under US rule for 35+ years. You're making a blanket racist statement.

How can you sympathize with these palestinian terrorists?
    They're criminals. And if they kill/destroy soldiers, tanks or settlers, it's the same as the IDF death squads killing suspected Hamas members. A bus full of soldiers is still a bus full of soldiers.

In the end, both sides are religious fanatics committing murder and atrocities. However, Israel is the one who is funded by $3 billion/yr in US tax dollars.

The same ones that cheered on 9/11?
    More racism and guilt by association. But then again, I guess that's what I should expect since you support the bigoted apartheid state of Israel.

My view of the situation:

We give the bigoted apartheid state of Israel $3 billion/yr in American tax dollars.. so Israeli death squads can continue enforcing 35 years of oppressive apartheid against the ethnic minority Palestinians. This funding is what pulls us into a conflict between two groups of religious fanatics, and draws a nice bullseye on our head. You fund Israeli terrorism, you are a terrorist.

Why should Americans have to pay for Israeli apartheid? Why should Americans have to die for Israeli apartheid? Israel needs to pay its own bills. Instead of funding the Israeli death squads, I think that $3 billion/yr would be better served for our own schools and healthcare.

I am against this petition because it appears to grant military status to suicide bombers and governmental authority to the groups that train them. They are criminals.

Settlers must be removed from Palestinian areas as a condition for peace. My thoughts on this from another thread:
    As a result of the 1973 Yom Kippur War, Israel occupied the entire Sinai penninsula, a considerable landmass. In 1979, when Eqypt and Israel signed a peace treaty and normalized relations, Israel returned the Sinai to Egypt. To enforce the agreement, the Israeli military forcibly removed Jewish settlers from the area.

At a time when their security as a nation was much more threatened than today, the government demonstrated that it would exchange land for peace.

I can't say what the consensus of opinion among its people would be, but I'm pretty sure that an agreement of this sort with the Palestinians would be upheld by Israel.

Sadly, there is no person or group that can make that guarantee on the behalf of the Palestinians.
    Two weeks later Mahmoud Abbas resigned .

Normaldude, if you're going to look at the past, please go back further than 35+ years.

Your statements are as racist as "the bigoted apartheid state of Israel." An apartheid nation would not have a multi-ethnic citizenry.

Normaldude, for your information once the Jews were the minority living in Palestine. And no matter what you say, the Palestinians consider themselves independent. They have a Prime Minister - Yassir Arafat. They have their own police force, their own hospitals run by the Red Crescent. Oh and when I said Israel was wanted destroyed by Arab countries I was not just referring to the Palestinians, I know they don't officially have a country. Have you forgotten Lebanon and the Hezbollah terrorists they support? What about Syria and the Hezbollah terrorists? Do you not remember the Yom Kippur war? The fact is nearly all the arab countries around there want to see Israel destroyed, whether they admit it or not. I was not just referring to the Palestinians. You are the racist. If you cannot see a reason for Israel to defend its people from being mass murdered then you obviously are racist and biased. It's army doesn't just go into Palestinian cities and kill. If Israel is attacked it goes into the cities and kills the terrorists, and blows up bomb factories, etc. Now let me ask you another question. Do you see minorities here with bomb factories? Or with prime ministers? How about with their own police force? The Palestinians cannot be compared to any average minority. They are nearly their own country. And many of them support MURDERING innocent people going to school and work. By the way, YOU ARE FULL OF IT. Israel doesn't send in a helicopter to just randomly kill people. They are targeted at the terrorist masterminds themselves. Believe it or not, but an Israeli police officer wouldn't have much success driving into a palestinian city and arresting one of these terrorists. He would be gunned down in minutes. Also, your comparison is completely off. Does the NAACP have campaigns of blowing up NYC buses? HECK NO. Hamas is an organization full of palestinians wanting to blow up israelis. Your minority comparison is far off. How many black people blew up buses in NYC this past year? NONE. IF it was a huge terrorist problem that was getting out of hand and killing thousands then guess what, you would see helicopters assassinating people. BUT the situations are completely different. You are very biased towards the palestinians and you are using the most ridiculous examples to support them. Unless you have a real argument that proves me wrong, don't bother posting a response.