Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Taxi

As a frequent (actually too-frequent for my budget) taxi user, let me chime in from the passenger's perspective. First, I wholeheartedly support the credit card concept, but I have been in three of these new cabs already, and so far none of the card machines have been operational. That was also my experience the last time that TLC experimented with credit card swipers a few years back. Also, the new screen is just more noise pollution that you have to turn off at the start of each rider, remniscent of those celebrity "don't forget your bag" annoucements from years ago. It would be far better if you had to turn it ON to listen to the station, but of course, no one ever would.

Quote Originally Posted by BPC View Post
    As a frequent (actually too-frequent for my budget) taxi user, let me chime in from the passenger's perspective. First, I wholeheartedly support the credit card concept, but I have been in three of these new cabs already, and so far none of the card machines have been operational. That was also my experience the last time that TLC experimented with credit card swipers a few years back. Also, the new screen is just more noise pollution that you have to turn off at the start of each rider, remniscent of those celebrity "don't forget your bag" annoucements from years ago. It would be far better if you had to turn it ON to listen to the station, but of course, no one ever would.
    First, let me thank you for your patronage....

If you get in one of these cabs, CC machines should be operational..To have all three not operating is probably too much of a coincidence to call it a possible braekdown of the system..

If you had to turn it ON when you got in rather than turn it OFF, the vendors would not be making the top advertisement money from the adds on monitors..... But the idea for the option of turning it off came from the people in the industry.. We care about you.... Now we are going to have to work on the volume of monitors..I hera some of them can be very loud. I wouldn't like that either..

The system will not be perfect at the beginning but with input from you (riding public) and the drivers, it can be perfected.. Passengers' input usually has a faster and better influence on the T&LC...

I got in a cab cmoning home from Labor Day Weekend trip and was greeted by one of those obnoxious vid screens yelling at me.

Cabbie was helpful in telling me how to shut off the POS but it seemed to have a mind of its own and kept coming back on

After about 3 tries the screen stayed black.

Cabie told me that the CC swipe slot at the bottom of the vid screen didn't work -- hence the 2nd & independent CC swiper up top.

No doubt that CC swipers will really waste time -- just as they do when people use them in line at the grocery store

(note to those people: get your damned card out of your purse while the checker is racking up your goods).

I usually help pack while he is going, then get the card out once the tally is done, then go.

But the thing that is most annoying are the people that wait in line for the bus, and only get their change out when they are standing in front of the driver holding everyone up....

OT, but whatever..

I think it is already coming back to bite me in the ass..... The only thing that will defeat the GPS in cabs is "itself"...If it does not operate properly, it is a gonner....................

Default New York Taxi

New logo.

New taxi logos coming! TLC’s Board of Commissioners has approved a new package of taxi stickers, seen in this picture. Smart Design, a design firm, produced and donated these new logo designs to TLC.

Taxis must display these new stickers for their first TLC inspection on or after October 1st, 2007. Taxi drivers and owners will be able to purchase the stickers from authorized printers. Check with your favorite meter shop to see when they will have the new stickers ready to print. If you want to print them yourself, please see information on how to become an authorized printer.

There are 4 stickers (per vehicle side) in this logo package: a fare panel, the NYCTAXI sticker, the medallion number and a checker stripe decal. Printing details, sticker location and size are all specified by TLC Rule

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taxi_new.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	4927  

The logo looks sharp ...

Here 's more from the Smart Design website

How much do cab owners have to cough up in order to meet the rules?

$45-$50.. I like the new logos..

Have any of you seen the flower painted taxis. I think they are really cool.. It's a shame only a hand full have volunteered to have their taxis painted....

www.gardenintransit.com

They will stay on until December....I got my flower as I promised..

Quote Originally Posted by milleniumcab View Post
    Have any of you seen the flower painted taxis. I think they are really cool.. It's a shame only a hand full have volunteered to have their taxis painted....

They will stay on until December....I got my flower as I promised..

Photographs anyone?

I don't have a camera...

Garden in Transit website

( Warning : TURN OFF your speakers!!! )

Garden in Transit uses NY taxi canvas

Managed to capture a couple on Earthcam Times Square. I saw about 15 in 30 seconds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1191261749.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	4951  

Default Another strike this month....

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10042007..._to_strike.htm

I still don't agree with the strike...

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast