Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatars

The next scheduled update of avatars gallery will happen in the third quarter of 2006.

Urgent, and very important;
    Please change my avatar to:

No, I take that back, please change to:

ASG sports a Woodie.

can you put a Ray Charles up?

How about Halo? I got a cool kick-butt Halo avatar, I'm just dying to use ^_^

Patrick McGoohan as the Prisoner. I vote for #6!

Quote Originally Posted by redhot00
    Any chance of adding this to the avatar gallery? I'd choose it without hesitation, and it seems more than appropriate for this forum.

Yeah. There should be some NYC professional athletes added to the avatar gallery.

Default NY Athletes Avatars

I'm new here but is there any way some NY professional athletes could be added to the avatar gallery? Guys like Derek Jeter or one of my favorite all time Yankees, Paul O'neill! That would be awesome!

Wink Smilies

How about some new smilies??? I like to be entertained at work!

ok,how about mine?

[img=http://thumb19.webshots.net/t/18/19/8/14/52/2760814520080385779TNgBiQ_th.jpg]

mine is perfect!can moderator upload my avatar for me!?
    please!

or

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    The next scheduled update of avatars gallery will happen in the third quarter of 2006.
    It is fourth quarter of 2006 and still no significant changes to the avvie gallery.

In protest, decided to pick and use the whitest-white face I could find in there, until we get an update!

More diversity in the Avatar Gallery!
    Last edited by Azazello; October 27th, 2006 at 01:33 PM.

When I was first browsing this site, I noticed the large disparity between the number of male and female avatars. My (erroneous) conclusion was that this site was a male-oriented perspective of New York City.

My intellectual curiosity kept me on here: "What exactly IS a man's perspective of NYC?" After reading many posts as a guest, I realized that there is no gender bias on this site; there are simply more male avatars because there are more men.

I wonder, though: how many female guests browsed the avatars, came to the same initial conclusion I came to, and never joined?

(Looking forward to being part of this site!)

My cat, exhausted from a her NYC broom trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    Looking forward to being part of this site!
    Welcome, Rapunzel!

I'm sure I speak for us all when I say we're looking forward to your contributions.

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10113. You just made the opening statement a little less true.

Last edited by ablarc; November 1st, 2006 at 03:13 AM.

Thank you for directing me to that link. There will have to be a lot more of us letting our hair down on here before you turn into a total liar.
    _____

My question was a suggestion in disguise. It was in such disguise, I myself didn't even know it was a suggestion. (Halloweeen overload.)

The "chicken and egg" effect should be looked into with regard to avatars. Consider a perhaps not-hypothetical situation:

Female guests look through the avatars and notice that there's a high number of male avatars. They *erroneously* conclude that it's a male-slanted site. Yet other female guests see that none of the twelve avatars represent them, and they conclude that they are "not the type" for this site. The staff here sees that with the number of females joining and being active in this site, putting more female avatars up is not a tremendous priority...

Last edited by Punzie; November 2nd, 2006 at 03:22 AM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast