Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Sorry just doesn't cut it

  1. #1

    Default Signatures

    "Sorry, you are not permitted to have a signature."

    When can these be added?
    Last edited by hbcat; November 20th, 2009 at 03:05 AM. Reason: tone & clarity!

  2. #2

    Default

    There are no immediate plans to allow signatures. As you have found out they are not permitted at the moment. If you wanted to request them to be enabled you must ask Edward.

    It is, however, my personal opinion that they should never be enabled. One only needs to look at SSC to understand how untidy and cluttered they make the forum look and how they make it more difficult to read the thread. It is completely unnecessary to have a statement repeated everytime one posts for no real purpose.

  3. #3

    Default

    That's fine, Alonzo. I just sent you and the other moderators a request to delete my goofy post (and thread), but if you think it is of value just for general info keep it as is.

    I posted this morning, my time, when I was too hyped up on caffeine. Sorry for wasting your time.

    No need for signatures, I agree.

  4. #4

    Default

    It is fine to leave it here. Other may want to express their opinion. No time wasted, thats what we are here for

  5. #5
    NYC Aficionado from Oz Merry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    Nothing wrong with asking, but no signatures here, please.

    On some forums I've visited, the signatures take up more space than the posts, and when you have a thread conversation with the same person(s) posting multiple times, it gets very irritating and distracting.

    When people post reasonably regularly, I think their individuality, personality and passions become evident enough without the need for any embellishment.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Huntington
    Posts
    436

    Default

    One thing I like about this board - no signatures.

    I've seen boards where threads are full of 1 line responses - and 30+ lines of graphics and text. Blech.

  7. #7

    Post no signatures

    At wiredny, members over time get to 'know' each other: signatures can be an impediment to getting to know the person behind the posts.

    And, for those who want to meet other wny members: they can attend any of the meetup events.

    It's looking like a thumbs-down for Signatures.

  8. #8
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    8,113

    Default

    It would be much more fun if the Moderators could assign signatures to some posters. Then you'd see things like:

    "Oh, here we go again..."
    "Please ignore all of my posts."
    "I'm much nicer in person."
    "Spelling is not my strong point."
    "Every third post from me will be an insult."
    "Before I get banned again, just let me say..."
    "I'm obsessed with emoticons."
    "I consistently post useless articles."
    "I am the worst photographer on Wired New York."
    "I complain all of the time."
    "I love the Yankees."
    "I hate the Yankees."
    "Token Republican."
    "I hate Macklowe."
    "I hate Gene Kaufman."
    "I'm a douchebag, but I post within forum guidelines."
    "Caught syphillis from Sarah Palin - MILF."

    You know, stuff like that.

    *All preceding suggested signatures are not meant to reflect any current forum members and are provided for humor purposes only.

  9. #9
    NYC Aficionado from Oz Merry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider View Post
    *All preceding suggested signatures are not meant to reflect any current forum members and are provided for humor purposes only.
    Really?! Why the need for the disclaimer, then?

    With respect, not fun(ny).

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider View Post
    "Oh, here we go again..."
    "Please ignore all of my posts."
    "I'm much nicer in person."
    "Spelling is not my strong point."
    "Every third post from me will be an insult."
    "Before I get banned again, just let me say..."
    "I'm obsessed with emoticons."
    "I consistently post useless articles."
    "I am the worst photographer on Wired New York."
    "I complain all of the time."
    "I love the Yankees."
    "I hate the Yankees."
    "Token Republican."
    "I hate Macklowe."
    "I hate Gene Kaufman."
    "I'm a douchebag, but I post within forum guidelines."
    "Caught syphillis from Sarah Palin - MILF."
    LOL.... hits very close to home whether you mean it to or not!

  11. #11

    Default

    Danger uxb

  12. #12
    Chief Antagonist Ninjahedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Rutherford
    Posts
    12,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merry View Post
    Really?! Why the need for the disclaimer, then?

    With respect, not fun(ny).
    That wasn't a disclaimer.

    That was his siggie.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Google+ - Facebook - Twitter - Meetup

Edward's photos on Flickr - Wired New York on Flickr - In Queens - In Red Hook - Bryant Park - SQL Backup Software