Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 20 Exchange Place - by Cross & Cross

Quote Originally Posted by jack_f View Post
    Hi everyone. I've been reading this forum for a little while now, but this is my first post. I don't live in New York, but follow NYC development pretty closely. I did an online search, but can't find anything recent about the following statement:

"the building’s 130,000 square feet of retail space on the ground floor and four lower levels should be ready by the middle of 2008"

You'd think that much retail opening in one location would have generated some new stories. Did this retail open yet? What stores are there if it did? This tower has a website, but it appears to be strictly for selling the residences, and makes no mention at all of the building even having retail.
    Never got an answer, did you, jack. Does no one know the answer to this question?

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

The last time I was by this building was a few years ago. There was a construction shed around the building at that time but there were small retail stores open at the ground level; sandwich shop, shoe repair etc. so my guess is the building was originally made to accommodate ground floor retail. I don't think we have any posters that live in the immediate area, and this building is in one of those out of the way places that people aren't going to pass by unless they have a specific reason to go there.
    Last edited by stache; September 14th, 2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Typo -

Default 20 Exchange Place

I live next to 20 Exchange Place. As a residential rental building it is partially occupied but the conversion to rental property is not completed. I walk past the building daily and have never seen any retail space.

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

OMFG that Beaver building...

Like any good beaver, it really gets up in your grill, no? One of these years it'll get repainted. The thing would at least be innocuous all black or black and another darker, not yellow color.

Swap out those odious yellow areas with shiny or iridescent metal panels and you've got a champ. It's just that easy.

Well, they're brick painted yellow. That might make it a LITTLE tough, but surely some sort of metallic screen like element could be bolted on top.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123