View Poll Results: Which Design do you Like Best for the PABT Tower?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Richard Rogers

27 64.29%
  • Pelli Clarke Pelli

11 26.19%
  • Kohn Pedersen Fox

4 9.52%
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed - Port Authority Tower (20 Times Square) - West 42nd Street at Eighth Avenue

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio
    if it looks like the rendering...handsome, ....and with the Mcgrawhill and Orion...a nice line up.
    Sure might tick off the Orion buyers who bought on the east side of the building

Speaking of the area.... Is there something planned for that big empty lot just North of the new Times building? Is there a thread for it that I am missing? What a blatent waste!

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peteynyc1
    Speaking of the area.... Is there something planned for that big empty lot just North of the new Times building? Is there a thread for it that I am missing? What a blatent waste!
    Yeah, it's old news.
    It's called Times Square Plaza or aka 11 TS.
    Follow the thread here:http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3431
    Happy reading!

If it goes through, the construction would cause a major pain in the ass getting around Port Authority, especially considering that it stands right over my gate; besides, it wouldn't be the quietest place to work at. The preservationists would also freak out bout how it would block the last remaining side view of McGraw-Hill. Besides that, it's a nice fresh tower and would fix the gap in the skyscrper canyon continuity on 42nd Street.

Quote Originally Posted by ablarc
    ^ Handsome? Just looks dull to me.
    Handsome in an SOM bland glass box sort of way

I'd love to see a tower on the PA bus terminal, linked to renovation of the terminal itself. I rarely go inside the bus terminal, but when I do I find it a very confusing place, with a lot of wasted space.

The intersection of 8th and 42nd has three un (or under) developed corners, everything except the northeast corner. It's high time that was remedied.

Forum Veteran

Two site our activily trying to get tenants and a third will be a hotel

Quote Originally Posted by vc10
    I'd love to see a tower on the PA bus terminal, linked to renovation of the terminal itself.
    Think what a great job Foster could do here.

I would like to see Robert Stern. Although he had input into the NEW Times Square he hasnīt designed a building there. If not this site...the one across the street....or how about him doing something to replace the old NYTimes tower at the cross-roads?

Anyone have links to the competition / designs for 1 Times Square (the old Times Tower) that took place many years ago? Google doesn't help me

I'd love to see a tower on the PA bus terminal, linked to renovation of the terminal itself.
    Absolutley agree, with the new NY Times Tower across the street and other projects nearby the area could use a retail center which the PA Terminal is perfectly suited.

While it's a nice building key feature sites like this are perfect opportunities to do something extra-ordinary. Right now it seems so many great sites (such as the old Alexander's site that is now the Bloomberg HQ) are being filled in by nice but otherwise ordinary office buildings. In a heated market like this, it is time for our private sector to come forward and deliver our 21st century Empire State Building, Seagram's Building, or Rockefeller Center.

Quote Originally Posted by elfgam
    In a heated market like this, it is time for our private sector to come forward and deliver our 21st century Empire State Building, Seagram's Building, or Rockefeller Center.
    That would take artistic genius or a better prevailing architectural style.

Forum Veteran

An exerpt from Real Estate Weekly
    12/14/05

"Left mostly vacant for years because of potential air right developments, the North Wing, whose development is an integral part of the bus station's renovation, will see changes occur within the next two to three years. The air rights will be developed to create a hotel, residential or office tower complex above the North Wing.

Dimola said that the terminal is moving forward with plans for a request for proposals for the North Wing, possible as early as the first half of 2006."

Forum Veteran

Does anyone else consider it lamentable that Port Authority is arguably more aesthetically pleasing than Penn Station?

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast