Page 69 of 150 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2245

Thread: New Goldman Sachs Headquarters - 200 West Street - by Henry Cobb of Pei Cobb Freed

From my observations the facade usually follows the white tarp...Can't wait to see what it looks like.

When I was there last Friday they were pouring / smoothing concrete floors just above the tarped area. I think the area is enclosed to allow for a spray-on application of fire-proof material onto the exposed steel.

Quote Originally Posted by sfenn1117 View Post
    How is a new headquarters being built in Manhattan a good thing for Jersey City?
    I was talking about 50 Hudson; with GS expanding it's presence in JC it will makes us even more attractive than we already are so it helps JC buy us being considered more and more for office tenants, but also the HQ is good because they will have a HQ on the Manhattan side and a large campus on the JC side and workers will shift between both.
    Last edited by JCMAN320; July 23rd, 2007 at 09:20 PM.

I'm still confused as to why GS would be building a large new building when the building they've got in JC is only half full. Do they plan on leasing out much of the new building, and are basically just putting themselves in the real estate game with a nice subsidy from the JC gov?

^ At one point the plan was to move their trading to Jersey City, but the traders, many of whom lived in Manhattan, Connecticut, Long Island didn't like the idea of the extra commute and the idea was thrown out.

Anybody here with experience in banking or trading care to explain the stigma or prejudice against working in NJ instead of Manhattan?

Maccreator they are gonna fill the rest of the current GS building and have been wokring on the upper floors for the past month now because lights have been on the upper floors. Once that happens then they will start work on 50 Hudson.

Quote Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
    Has the design changed? In the renderings it always showed this side of the building with a straight wall, with one vertical slot coming out of the building. This photo shows a curve to it with no protruding slot.

I always thought it was weird only 1 rendering of the building was released. Not on the firm's website either.

Random Personality

Has the design changed? In the renderings it always showed this side of the building with a straight wall, with one vertical slot coming out of the building. This photo shows a curve to it with no protruding slot.

I always thought it was weird only 1 rendering of the building was released. Not on the firm's website either.
    I think it is staying true to its rendering. The slot is there but I don't think it protrudes in the rendering, it is just an optical illusion.

^Follow it from the top to the bottom.

^Follow it from the top to the bottom.
    It still looks like it does in the rendering. Just picture the upper floors of the building connecting into where the curve goes into the building on the lower floors.

Quote Originally Posted by ramvid01 View Post
    I think it is staying true to its rendering. The slot is there but I don't think it protrudes in the rendering, it is just an optical illusion.
    What I always assumed was a protruding slot is actually an inverted area, like a wagina!

Itís not surprising you donít see any renderings or mentions on the Goldman website, theyíre notorious for trying to limit attention to their offices. Take a look at some of the other big banksí headquarters, their names and logos are plastered all over the outside, GS on the other hand just has a simple ď85Ē and nothing else (Iíve heard people ask the security guard outside the door if they are at the right place). Iím sure the new HQ will be much of the same when itís finished.

(Note the the shape of the wedge, front view)

This building is going to be massive. It's a nice compliment to the new WTC.