Thread: Landfill Uses

Default Landfill Uses

Reading about Governor's Island being extended by the Lex ave. line dirt got me thinking: in the event of the Second Ave. Subway being built, what are we gonna do with all that dirt?

I nominate it be incorporated into the my favorite project: the Brooklyn Bridge Park. They could choose an area to extend the shoreline. Or maybe, it could be incorported into the "earth wall" descibed in the master plan, a wall built on the upland side to buffer noise from the adjecent BQE.

It could also be used for the Highline project.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Use if for the dike we'll need to build around the city when the polar ice caps melt.

That might still be 10,000 years away, but then again so could the Second Ave. subway.

Quote Originally Posted by NYatKNIGHT
    Use if for the dike we'll need to build around the city when the polar ice caps melt.

That might still be 10,000 years away, but then again so could the Second Ave. subway.
    LOL I did realize I was living in a dreamworld, did you really have to wake me up?

BTW, did you see the Time Out NY quiz, "Are you a REAL new yorker?"

It said "you're really a new yorker when you finally realized the Second Ave. Subway is never going to happen."